1.0.0B03 to 1.0.0B13 (MR01b) OTA URL / details

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Zeus_Alex

As a note, my Smart Ultra died 30 minutes after the update. It started well and had it rooted with MobileGo without no problems. Installed all my important software and had it with all my accounts logged in and went to bed.

One hour after i went to bed i got up again and tried to turn it on. Nothing!!! Nada!!! Zero!!! No touch response, no screen on, nothing. Thought it was battery (had near 60% when i went to bed) and tried to charge it with the supplied wall charger but with no response whats so ever. not even the home button lights up when charging.

Thought about adb but my PC (both desktop,laptop and Win10 tablet) won't detect it. Dead!!!

Went just now to Vodafone repair center (Portugal) and they had no mobiles to give me. Will have to wait until ZTE has more units to ship. Bummer!!! I'm out of luck with mobiles lately.

For now i will just "lurk" the forums while i wait

Edited by Zeus_Alex

Guest Zeus_Alex

Tried it several times. Not working.
Tried the "battery cycle reset" too with vol-, vol+ and power for 2 minutes...not working too.I think the update messed the phone up

While charging, after the update (PT) does anyone sees the light notification on? Because mine is not on while charging. It gets hot as usual but i think it's doing nothing at all.

Guest LiNe171

You did something wrong then. Im from PT too and update didnt screw my phone.. I saw on above post that you said you were going to try to update with root.. Maybe that screwed up your phone.

And yes, i have the notification light on while charging

And its impossible.. Vol - and power key always works. Even without OS or bricked phone. Just try vol - and power key for few minutes. Not vol +

Guest Zeus_Alex

That was to check something in the logcat. Had to be done. But returned an error message at bootloader so i went the official way.

Downloaded from ZTE the original files, gone to recovery after i placed the update.zip in sdcard and installed so it went to full stock before. After it i updated the phone the official way, through the "update your phone" menu.It updated and no problems. 2 minutes later went rooted with MobileGo and again, without problems. Installed all my software and turned the screen off. 1 hour later it wouldn't get on.

No mistakes were made, trust me. In fact, i was trying to unlock the bootloader in another mobile (another SU6) that was bought just for testing. The "test" one is ok after the OTA.

Maybe a factory fault device, i don't know...will have to wait till i get a new one (hope in a week or so) and will continue to work on the other one to see if i can manage to get custom roms for the community

Edit: just a note. When i was at the vodafone repair center, there were 5 people with SU6 problems. I talked to an elder guy and he said that yesterday he had an update and installed it and today the phone wouldn't get ON. Same problem as me. Maybe coincidence, maybe not. One thing is for sure, there are a few of these devices being returned/repaired (a friend insider word)

Edited by Zeus_Alex

Guest lunario

we are in Portugal 

Hmmmmm thats weird.. Mine its ok.. They should think on 5.1 update, 5.0.2 causes alot of problems...

we are in Portugal I doubt we have more updates carriers here sucks  hell they didnt  even fix the stahgefright exploit with this update so.. I'm very sceptical about official updates

Guest Zeus_Alex

Another update about my broken SU6.

Today is working. 2 days without signs of life and today after putting it on charge the lights came on. It's buggy as hell and very slow at the moment. No notification bar, power button only turns screen off and no way to turn the phone off unless by adb/terminal commands. Going to wipe cache and see what happens.
it's going for replacement anyway, but until Vodafone gets new units to replace mine, i'll be toying with it and try  to reproduce the symptom (read above how it happened).

Will keep you updated

I just did the update. It seemed to hang on powered bu Android, so I held the power buttonbutton and restarted it, then it went through fine. Still 5.0.2, I was hoping for a 5.1 update. I'll wait until the ROMs roll in.

Guest Zeus_Alex

Hope to get my SU6 replacement this week and will try and see whats all about that locked bootloader. ZTE has to have a way to do it and so do us because other ZTE devices had the locked bootloader and were possible to unlock. never lose hope!

As a note, i find it strange that the SU6 has an armv8 cpu and the build in it is made for armv7. Same with the kernel. I think thats why we aren't getting so much "speed" from our phone compared to others with Snapdragon615 cpu's. Anyone can confirm that until i get my phone back?

Guest Frankish

I wonder if that's of any relevance?

A general point, ARMv8-A has two execution states AArch32 and AArch64.  Where AArch32 provides backwards compatibility with ARMv7-A.

For something like porting it makes a lot of difference whether you mean ARMv8-A AArch64 or ARMv8-A AArch32.[/quote]

Any thing to note? @KonstaT?

Guest KonstaT

Hope to get my SU6 replacement this week and will try and see whats all about that locked bootloader. ZTE has to have a way to do it and so do us because other ZTE devices had the locked bootloader and were possible to unlock. never lose hope!

As a note, i find it strange that the SU6 has an armv8 cpu and the build in it is made for armv7. Same with the kernel. I think thats why we aren't getting so much "speed" from our phone compared to others with Snapdragon615 cpu's. Anyone can confirm that until i get my phone back?

Just to clarify, what will it take to unlock the bootloader? Most ZTE devices can be unlocked, can't they?

AFAIK there's never been a ZTE device that had a locked bootloader and that allowed it to be unlocked somehow. Most ZTE devices (i.e. all that I've ever had) have bootloader left completely unlocked out-of-the-box. Bootloader isn't 'locked' in the traditional sense on this device either. ZTE has only crippled it so that the fastboot mode doesn't work. It doesn't verify the images it's booting so you can boot custom recoveries (TWRP) and custom kernels.

Edited by KonstaT

AFAIK there's never been a ZTE device that had a locked bootloader and that allowed it to be unlocked somehow. Most ZTE devices (i.e. all that I've ever had) have bootloader left completely unlocked out-of-the-box. Bootloader isn't 'locked' in the traditional sense on this device either. ZTE has only crippled it so that the fastboot mode doesn't work. It doesn't verify the images it's booting so you can boot custom recoveries (TWRP) and custom kernels.

OK great, thanks for clearing that up . I would agree with @Frankish, it would be worth understanding why CM12 doesn't boot - it can't be due to a hardware issue - it must be a combination of CM12 and the boot img? Has anyone got any custom ROMs to boot?

I would love to get rid of the Vodafone boot animation.....

Guest Frankish

OK great, thanks for clearing that up . I would agree with @Frankish, it would be worth understanding why CM12 doesn't boot - it can't be due to a hardware issue - it must be a combination of CM12 and the boot img? Has anyone got any custom ROMs to boot?

I would love to get rid of the Vodafone boot animation.....

If you're rooted you can get rid of the Vodafone boot animation in multiple ways. Either replace it with another one. Or add a single line of code to build.prop to disable it completely.

I don't think anyone has gotten anything aosp to boot or cm12 but KonstaT has proven that modified system and boot images can be built and flashed and work.

ZTE have possibly just done something screwy with this device possibly something minor but until we know what it is we won't have anything booting up except modified stock ROMs.

If you're rooted you can get rid of the Vodafone boot animation in multiple ways. Either replace it with another one. Or add a single line of code to build.prop to disable it completely.

I don't think anyone has gotten anything aosp to boot or cm12 but KonstaT has proven that modified system and boot images can be built and flashed and work.

ZTE have possibly just done something screwy with this device possibly something minor but until we know what it is we won't have anything booting up except modified stock ROMs.

Can you tell me the file I need to modify? Is it the build.prop? How can I replace this with a stock google animation?

Guest LiNe171

Can you tell me the file I need to modify? Is it the build.prop? How can I replace this with a stock google animation?

There's a post here on modaco of how to change it.