[Recovery] TWRP 3.0.2-0

Guest KonstaT

Guest LiNe171

Gonna test it, brb.

Edit: Doesn't work. Phone reboots, black screen for a lifetime.. Need to press power to turn phone ON.

Edited by LiNe171

Guest brackehill_mob

Edit: Doesn't work. Phone reboots, black screen for a lifetime.. Need to press power to turn phone ON.

Same result here, but I get a blue flash at the top of the screen as if it is trying to draw something and then the phone shuts down.

But now, of course, I don't have a working recovery so I can't return to 5.0.2

How do I flash a working recovery?

Edited by brackehill_mob

Guest KonstaT

Same result here, but I get a blue flash at the top of the screen as if it is trying to draw something and then the phone shuts down.

But now, of course, I don't have a working recovery so I can't return to 5.0.2

How do I flash a working recovery?

Download stock recovery from stock ROMs thread. Extract recovery.img from the zip and copy it to your sdcard. Use dd command from the first post to write it to recovery partition. It really doesn't matter whether it's stock or custom recovery you're flashing (it's just easier to use TWRP to flash the stock recovery since that's possible).

I did a new build with a prebuilt kernel from the 5.1.1 stock ROM. I'll PM a link if someone wants to test it.

Guest smokerman

How come? I don't see how this wouldn't work with 5.1.1 unless ZTE has done something stupid again...

it doesnt work..we need a new one for 5.1.1...i test if you want..i easily go back if something goes wrong..

Edited by smokerman

Guest brackehill_mob
I did a new build with a prebuilt kernel from the 5.1.1 stock ROM. I'll PM a link if someone wants to test it.

I'll test it as I'm messed up anyway :)

Guest KonstaT

smokerman already tested it. It boots, it ships. :P Should be fine now. I guess you need ZTE to release an updated kernel source, too...

recovery-twrp2870-p839v55-5.1.1.img
http://www.mediafire.com/?f68essoeoa48rz1
md5:80843ed969963207396ebcf39b5195b1

recovery-twrp-2.8.7.0-p839v55-5.1.1.zip (TWRP flashable)
http://www.mediafire.com/?7idaav8umape8bp
md5:96f56aedb9637f8143b97f1fe3e1894d

Edited by KonstaT

Guest smokerman

rom in portuguese uploading..TWRP recovery still works on this rom..no need to wipe , just dirty flash. (flash on top of turkish version) it will wipe your data, so backup with google if you want..i have all my important apps already installed in 15 minutes.

Edited by smokerman

Guest fluxcapacitor

If someone is on the 5.0.2 ROM, will it be able to boot into the 5.1.1 twrp? 

Or , should they update to stock 5.1.1, root, flash twrp for 5.1.1 ?

Guest KonstaT

If someone is on the 5.0.2 ROM, will it be able to boot into the 5.1.1 twrp? 

Or , should they update to stock 5.1.1, root, flash twrp for 5.1.1 ?

Not sure, no harm in trying.

Using stock recovery to install the official 5.1.1 is the only proper update path. Since ZTE has crippled the bootloader (no fastboot) you'll always have to first somehow gain root access in Android to install a custom recovery. Actually it's just another massive fail from ZTE that they didn't patch those known vulnerabilities that you're exploiting to elevate root with this new update...

Edited by KonstaT

Guest fluxcapacitor
On 11/29/2015, 10:25:38, KonstaT said:

Not sure, no harm in trying.

Using stock recovery to install the official 5.1.1 is the only proper update path. Since ZTE has crippled the bootloader (no fastboot) you'll always have to first somehow gain root access in Android to install a custom recovery. Actually it's just another massive fail from ZTE that they didn't patch those known vulnerabilities that you're exploiting to elevate root with this new update...

For reference,  I just downgraded to 5.0.2, rooted and installed the TWRP for 5.1.1 and it seems to work fine.

Edited by fluxcapacitor

Guest patient81

Anyone notice a strange bug on the TWRP for 5.1.1? Every time I try to look in /system with the TWRP file manager it wipes that folder. Very strange and not sure what is causing this. 

Can anyone else replicate this? Obviously make a backup of /system before you try. 

Wow, please ignore me everyone. I hadn't mounted the system partition! Idiot

Edited by patient81

Guest KonstaT
19 hours ago, fluxcapacitor said:

For reference,  I just downgraded to 5.0.2, rooted and installed the TWRP for 5.1.1 and it seems to work fine.

Hmm, strange that it doesn't work the other way around then. Likely nothing to do with the kernel itself. They had changed ramdisk offset for 5.1.1, though.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest cashflow67
On 29.11.2015 11:19:11, LiNe171 said:

You need to update..

Now I'm using TR03C Turkey 5.0.2 Rom. Should I do SDCARD update or wait for OTA? Because now, there is no OTA update on update center

• 4 weeks later...
Guest BlueMoonRising
7 minutes ago, Callmeraz said:

It doesn't for me... It just refreshes to the download button. Can you reupload it somewhere else?

Just tried it and it works fine, try a different browser or disable your extensions. That said I had AdBlock enabled which didn't affect it. I'm using:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/47.0.2526.106 Safari/537.36