[Recovery] TWRP 3.0.2-0

Guest KonstaT

• 1 month later...
Guest KonstaT
11 minutes ago, Ereny3446 said:

When Twrp 3.0 for vodafone smart ultra 6

Right after you send me a Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 I can test it with. :P

There's nothing stopping you from building it yourself either...

Edited by KonstaT

• 2 months later...
Guest KonstaT

Any volunteers to test TWRP 3.0.2-0 build?

Also I'm not sure if anyone has answered, but does mounting external sdcard with UMS (USB Mass Storage) work in the current builds? I mean when you select 'Mount -> Mount USB storage'? Someone already said that MTP works but I'm interested to know this one.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest patient81
Any volunteers to test TWRP 3.0.2-0 build?

Also I'm not sure if anyone has answered, but does mounting external sdcard with UMS (USB Mass Storage) work in the current builds? I mean when you select 'Mount -> Mount USB storage'? Someone already said that MTP works but I'm interested to know this one.

I'm up for trying it if you're looking for testers.

Guest KonstaT
5 hours ago, patient81 said:

I'm up for trying it if you're looking for testers.

Any comments on the USB mass storage on external sdcard? I'd do something about it while I'm at it.

I'll PM you (and any other volunteers) a link to a new build after someone says something about UMS...

Guest patient81
Any comments on the USB mass storage on external sdcard? I'd do something about it while I'm at it.

I'll PM you (and any other volunteers) a link to a new build after someone says something about UMS...

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

USB mass storage has never worked for me, not something I use much. Just tried again and can't get it to mount.

Guest KonstaT

New build.

recovery-twrp3020-p839v55.img
http://www.mediafire.com/?bb4vk1o1d1momw1
md5:3e66436321b08e4104657e3560961bcd

recovery-twrp-3.0.2-0-p839v55.zip (TWRP flashable)
http://www.mediafire.com/?17m27qa9vn5m71r
md5:e49bed24c5087946d29fa7a05167aa3e

-TWRP 3.0.2-0
-prebuilt kernel/dt from VDF-995NB01-UK07b
-fix USB mass storage on external sdcard

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
7 hours ago, LiNe171 said:

Mount storage works for me on 2.8, gonna test 3.0

Still talking about UMS - not MTP. AFAIK it's never worked before.

Put external sdcard to your device -> boot to TWRP -> plug in USB cable to your computer -> select 'Mount -> Mount USB storage' in TWRP. Does it mount external sdcard as a flash drive on your computer?

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Adaco
2 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Still talking about UMS - not MTP. AFAIK it's never worked before.

Put external sdcard to your device -> boot to TWRP -> plug in USB cable to your computer -> select 'Mount -> Mount USB storage' in TWRP. Does it mount external sdcard as a flash drive on your computer?

Yes it does mount whith your TWRP 3.0.2-0,thank you.

Guest patient81
Yes it does mount whith your TWRP 3.0.2-0,thank you.

Yeah, confirmed here too. I was able to mount the sd and move files back and forth.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Grah

ive got a smart ultra with VDF-995NB01-UK_MR02b
in addition i installed twrp to get workling root.
right now i used the stock rom software update. it found a new update with 43 mb.
after the download it restarts into twrp, then there is nothing, after a restart the update has failed

how can i install the update? any ideas?

Guest KonstaT
3 hours ago, Grah said:

ive got a smart ultra with VDF-995NB01-UK_MR02b
in addition i installed twrp to get workling root.
right now i used the stock rom software update. it found a new update with 43 mb.
after the download it restarts into twrp, then there is nothing, after a restart the update has failed

how can i install the update? any ideas?

Always use stock recovery to install stock ROMs/OTAs - use custom recovery to install custom ROMs. There's stock recoveries available in the ROMs, OTAs, and recoveries thread. BTW can you upload the UK07b OTA? You'll find it in /data/data/com.zte.zdm/files/update.zip.

I doubt the OTA will successfully install on a rooted device anyway. There's also a full UK07b firmware available.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, Grah said:

so i need to change the bootloader back to stock recovery, everytime i want to update? but at my version MR02b there is no recovery
is there any way to keep the twrp with root and also get updates?
besides of that, there is the update: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q24ejgg6odtf641/update.zip?dl=0

Bootloader? Recovery is a completely different thing.

You'll need to use stock recovery to install official OTA updates. There's Turkish MR02b you could use or the older UK one (ZTE messed up something with the 5.1 update and it didn't update stock recovery like it should have).

It depends on what files your root solution has changed and what files the OTA update changes if there's going to be any conflicts. You still might end up in bootloop because of root even if the OTA manages to install (what most likely happened to people on this thread).

What I'd personally do is to create a nandroid backup in TWRP, install stock recovery, install full UK07b firmware, root again and install latest TWRP, in TWRP advanced restore /data partition only from the nandroid backup previously created. This way you'll have the latest update and you don't lose any of your personal data/apps/settings/etc.

Thanks for the upload, I'll add it to the stock ROMs, OTAs, and recoveries thread.

Guest Grah

ah sorry, you're right.

hmm that sounds like its realy hard to get the official updates and keep root. in this case i'll wait a little bit more for the marshmallow update, the root was a little bit hard to get :) thanks for the guide how to do it, and thanks for the warning :) i keep that in mind for the next bigger update

Guest BlueMoonRising
11 hours ago, LiNe171 said:

Marshmallow update? I doubt that su6 get it..

It is coming.

No, I'm not ITK, but it is coming.