[Recovery] TWRP 3.0.2-0

Guest KonstaT

Guest Skirttles
On 18/06/2016 at 6:23 AM, KonstaT said:

Is this "patch" somewhere it can actually be downloaded from?

The user from xda have send me the file :-) 

xda-developers
  •  
  •  
search plus

Home  User Control Panel  Private Messages  Inbox  Re: coolpad 64bits rom

collapse_thead_collapsed.gif

XDA Control Panel

Today, 05:20 AM
47 posts

Re: coolpad 64bits rom
thanks[/QUOTE]
The patch is only for installing f2-A rom to f2-fhd version, even the spec is similar but I don't think it can successful flash to your device.[/QUOTE]
Hello 
Can you send me the patch?
Maybe can be usefull to "port" it to my device.
Thanks[/QUOTE]

Here the patch i am using, and should flash via 64bit recovery(TWRP). If you are using 32bit recovery, please don't try to flash it.

Link(MEGA): 
https://mega.nz/#F!tYgwWBIR!14F2SCabVn0rOuzY9edCTQ

xda-developers

•  
Edited by Skirttles

• 1 month later...
Guest CompuTechish

Rooting was hassle for me. Tried MobileGo which took ages and get causing my phone to crash or restart and sometimes seemed to manage a temporary root. The KingRoot android app also failed and I ended up using the KingRoot desktop application. I managed to get rooted with this but I think it was temporary - not too sure. So I guess this temporary root is useful to install the custom recovery. I should mention I am NOT very experienced at rooting phones but it seemed a lot of hassle for what were supposed to be "one-click" solutions.

• 1 month later...
Guest djisgod
On 08/09/2016 at 1:01 AM, CompuTechish said:

Rooting was hassle for me. Tried MobileGo which took ages and get causing my phone to crash or restart and sometimes seemed to manage a temporary root. The KingRoot android app also failed and I ended up using the KingRoot desktop application. I managed to get rooted with this but I think it was temporary - not too sure. So I guess this temporary root is useful to install the custom recovery. I should mention I am NOT very experienced at rooting phones but it seemed a lot of hassle for what were supposed to be "one-click" solutions.

yeah once you have twrp installed use it to install Super User and you have perm full root

• 1 month later...

I have a big problem with my device..I cant to get in the recovery mode after i flash the gipsy rom..What can i do? Its look like i dont have a twrp anymore,I try with Volume up+power button but always restart my device..Please i need help...Sorry for my english

Edited by Guest

Guest KonstaT
On 12/15/2016 at 0:10 PM, pepi75 said:

I have a big problem with my device..I cant to get in the recovery mode after i flash the gipsy rom..What can i do? Its look like i dont have a twrp anymore,I try with Volume up+power button but always restart my device..Please i need help...Sorry for my english

There's instructions how flash TWRP in the OP.

If you can't boot to ROM and you can't boot to recovery, there's really nothing you can do.

If I try with fastaboot to install the recovery again as they told me from another forum? (fastboot boot recovery. img)  first time happened to me..
sorry for my English 

Guest KonstaT
22 minutes ago, pepi75 said:

If I try with fastaboot to install the recovery again as they told me from another forum? (fastboot boot recovery. img)  first time happened to me..
sorry for my English 

You can't because of the locked/crippled bootloader. That's exactly the reason why you need to use some silly root exploit to gain root access in Android to install recovery in the first place.

My device working but the problem he starting when i change the rom..I dont have access to keybord to put the password to connect for my wi-fi..Every time i press dismiss the phone notice me no internet conection and from this poind i cant go back or front but only to return back to the laguange set up...I dont understand what it goes wrong and now i dont have and recovery also

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gitanillo87
On 17/12/2016 at 4:56 PM, pepi75 said:

My device working but the problem he starting when i change the rom..I dont have access to keybord to put the password to connect for my wi-fi..Every time i press dismiss the phone notice me no internet conection and from this poind i cant go back or front but only to return back to the laguange set up...I dont understand what it goes wrong and now i dont have and recovery also

check your volumen buttons ,it seems not work and there is the reason you cant boot to recovery...

I try everything.With volyme up -power only reeboot the device .Volume down-power he show me the FTM logo (press the power key,phone will power off) I dont no what else what can i do..If i knew it i was'nt install the gipsy rom.First time happent to me this think...I wish to can help me

On 31/12/2016 at 0:03 AM, gitanillo87 said:

check your volumen buttons ,it seems not work and there is the reason you cant boot to recovery...

I try everything.With volyme up -power only reeboot the device .Volume down-power he show me the FTM logo (press the power key,phone will power off) I dont no what else what can i do..If i knew it i was'nt install the gipsy rom.First time happent to me this think...I wish to can help me

• 2 weeks later...

I try everything.With volyme up -power only reeboot the device .Volume down-power he show me the FTM logo (press the power key,phone will power off) I dont no what else what can i do..If i knew it i was'nt install the gipsy rom.First time happent to me this think...I wish to can help meple

please can help me?I try everything

• 3 weeks later...
Guest KonstaT
2 hours ago, lunario said:

Now that marshmallow is rolling out for su6 do we need new twrp konstat?

IDK, do you?

Is the bootloader finally unlockable after the Marshmallow update? If ZTE has done even half decent job, they should have patched those vulnerabilities you've exploited to elevate root so far. How are you even going to install the recovery?

I've never owned (or even seen) this device so there's nothing in it for me anyway.

Guest Odour Fone

@KonstaT

What are the chances of repacking the new MM ROM to be flashable in the current TWRP?

The kernel is the same version I think.

Does the bootloader have to be updated when a new ROM is deployed?

I understand you have no motivation to even answer.

Thank you for your efforts with TWRP, the phone would be junk without it.

Guest KonstaT
41 minutes ago, Odour Fone said:

@KonstaT

What are the chances of repacking the new MM ROM to be flashable in the current TWRP?

Should be possible when there's a full firmware package available at ZTE support site.

All Android devices are stuck with the kernel version they initially shipped with. Same kernel version doesn't mean it's still the same kernel - it's not. There's plenty of changes for Marshmallow (including patching those vulnerabilities you've exploited to gain root access).

Bootloader is updated with the firmware update. Best to run Marshmallow ROM with Marshmallow bootloader/radio. There could be all kinds of strange issues otherwise.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest kunft
On 14/02/2017 at 1:51 PM, Odour Fone said:

@KonstaT

you just need to modify the rom's updater-script and then you can flash 6.0.1 with twrp and root the phone. no idea if its bad to do that though

edit: it seems to be working fine with root/xposed no problems for now, besides some reboots while restoring with titanium backup, but that happens on my phone on any rom for some reason

Edited by kunft

Guest wbrambley
you just need to modify the rom's updater-script and then you can flash 6.0.1 with twrp and root the phone. no idea if its bad to do that though

edit: it seems to be working fine with root/xposed no problems for now, besides some reboots while restoring with titanium backup, but that happens on my phone on any rom for some reason

So you've got rooted 6.0.1?

Guest kunft
18 minutes ago, bok27 said:

You can post more info ?

just edit the 6.0.1 rom updater-script to this http://pastebin.com/ZL97n2UH

reboot to twrp, wipe, flash modified rom, flash supersu, reboot, enjoy (first boot will take like 20-30 minutes)

ps: i had cm12 before, no idea if it makes a difference or not

edit: https://mega.nz/#!kYYWAQZY!HQCa5pLwSc19tkn4bt-UgqaU_rFg3-sgY0tUwUmYO0U

this has modified turkish rom + supersu, credits to Samukaas at zwame forums

Edited by kunft