What are the barriers to a CM 12.1 build?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Not having built CM for a new device before, i'm interested to hear what any potential remaining barriers are (so I can help remove them if possible!).

We have TWRP, a way to revert to stock and kernel source... what else is needed (aside obviously from a willing developer with the device and time on their hands)?

P

Guest KonstaT

...what else is needed (aside obviously from a willing developer with the device and time on their hands)?

Exactly that, nothing else. ;)

Guest PaulOBrien

If I were, say, to put up a bounty of a Su6 (or the equivalent cash value) for the first person / team to publish a fully working CM12.1 (with an open source device tree), I wonder if that would help.

P

Edited by PaulOBrien

Guest lonespeaker

If I were, say, to put up a bounty of a Su6 (or the equivalent cash value) for the first person / team to publish a fully working CM12.1 (with an open source device tree), I wonder if that would help.

P

edit:  not had much time to debug, but still can't get my build to boot.  weather is really nice today so not going to do much

https://github.com/lonespeaker/android_device_vodafone_P839V55

https://github.com/lonespeaker/android_vendor_vodafone_P839V55

very work in progress, is in a mess but I'm getting there, use at own risk if you want, please help if you want :)

Edited by lonespeaker

Guest Frankish

P

That should be enough motivation for someone to have a go but if we set up a fund I'll stick a fiver in. And if people even donate just a pound. Get 50 people interested and its a nice little bonus on top of a phone.

Guest lonespeaker

looking over things, I think my eye's must be painted on earlier, but I see some issues why my build won't boot, so I'll take a look tonight or tomorrow, but maybe others who are able, can chime in and offer their trees or something and we can get a custom rom going.  

Edited by lonespeaker
  • Upvote 1

Guest lonespeaker

wouldn't a 5.1 64bits android version will be better for our SU6?

yes certainly would, but getting any version working would nice for now :)

Guest VenâncioFerreira

wouldn't a 5.1 64bits android version will be better for our SU6?

You would need a kernel that supports 64 Bit, and we don't have one. I don't think its possible to build one, unless Zte makes a update to 64 Bit and give us tyhe source code.

Guest KonstaT

I might be interested in taking up this effort if there is somewhere a 'free' device for me. Even if I bought it myself I'd need some help to have it shipped to Finland. I just can't go out and buy one. I wasn't supposed to get any new devices before end of this year and this might be a quite busy fall for me. This device looks like it should be a pretty straight forward bring up. No one can of course guarantee fully working CM or give any ETA for this. I have a pretty good track record on these things, though. :P

Guest PaulOBrien

I am willing to put up a reward at the end of the process as mentioned previously.

Not sure if that is motivation enough, not least because no guarantee a fully working build can be done!

P

Guest Frankish

So to clarify we need a working build before Paul would ship a device out. But there's a few of us between here and XDA who would be willing to donate to the cause too.

Konstat as always I'm here and willing to test anything you come up with and do any logging etc for you if you decide to take this up.

Of course don't commit yourself to something that will cause you unnecessary stress.

Guest lonespeaker

still working on getting cm12.1 to work, so far I managed to get recovery to work that's all.

anyone who wants to give this recovery a go (dunno why but aren't we are all flashaholics lol)  you can download from 

http://5.135.186.62://cm-12.1-recovery-test-VF-Smart.Ultra.6.v1.lonespeaker.recovery.img

f27evs.jpgIMG]

• Upvote 1

Guest lonespeaker

Funnily enough I've never seen it before either :)  progress is slow and I'm not as much as an expert as others, but I am giving it a good go and fingers and toes crossed :)