What are the barriers to a CM 12.1 build?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest KonstaT

You do have a low tolerance for anyone other than yourself, scared in case I get there first or something?  If I do, you can have the phone that Paul donates, i don't need it, I have one.

Do you think if I take the ramdisk from a nexus 4 it will work? maybe it's boot.img will work too.  you really do think other people are thick and when they publish work in progress like to tear it to shreds.  

Not once have you actually asked me exactly what I have done, so I can qualify if I capable of bringing up cm12, instead you just want to belittle me.

Well you can ask, but modaco just lost me.... yeah you're not bothered.  see neither am I :)

LOL, I asked you a simple question and you threw a tantrum. No wonder if you're going to get some snarky responses. :P

I don't have a device. I don't have any plans on getting a device. I have given up weeks ago on getting anything running on this device. It was a huge mistake to even try without having one (this was the first time I've tried something like this on this scale and I won't make that mistake again). No one was even supposed to know any of that but somehow I have to read about my (failed) attemps from XDA and people are PM'ing me questions about my progress...

When you have something that actually works, post it up! Meanwhile, why don't you consentrate on getting there instead of making silly progress updates (that were actually steps backwards) no matter how much you'd like to get your ego stroked for trying. It wasn't my intention to undermine anyone and good luck with everything.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest BigD18t

Small updates are welcome as someone else might be able to come along an say its this, or have you tried that.

There's no need for the bitching to each other, try to be civil and help each other out, if you don't like what they are posting and don't want to help, keep quiet.

Guest NegativeOne

Lonespeaker has made progress.

He posted  the following over on xda

378 postsThanks: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonespeaker 

Quoting myself, but I've now managed to get logcat working and cm starts to boot much further now but then kernel panics when it gets to surfacefinger so it's some progress but I will continue to the best of my ability. smile.gif 

At least now I can see whats happening and hopefully be able fix it enough to boot completely.

edit: here is the logcat for how far I have got now for anyone interested, although I think the issues are easily fixed

http://pastebin.com/BLzcni1a

The CM logo appears on boot and disappears when the setup wizard should appear but this is where it breaks.

I only post this to hopefully inspire others to help take up the cause so we can get cm12 on our device 

Guest Umrtvovacz

Just thought I'd post an update, I've got CM to boot.  now I just need to get the sensors working and I think it will be good to go :)

This is so great. Thanks for you effort!

Guest lonespeaker

any news?:-s

I haven't really had a look this weekend other than compile a list of issues.  There are so many because I'm starting from over and there is only me and a little time to work. wifi looks straigtforward to fix, I'll try and do that asap and then upload a build for you to try.  

If anyone wants to help, let me know and I'll send you my device tree but only if you know what you are doing - as I clearly don't :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Fortek

Hi guys. I am from now 4pda.ru. I am developing a firmwares for analog ZTE Blade S6. At the moment I learned how to put custom firmware through TWRP recovery and managed to port the CM 12.1 on our device. Need help, who can add the driver in the device tree.

Guest lonespeaker

I've been messing around building for the oneplus two and I had a bit of a eureka moment and managed to get a much better build for the SU6.

So here is a link to my first test build if anyone wants to just see cm12 on their SU6.   phone and wifi work...

I know there are bugs so please don't post this doesn't work etc, cos I know.  :)

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A FULL TWRP BACKUP OF STOCK ROM SO YOU CAN RESTORE

edit:

I'll post up sources later today once I have got them tidied up a bit and I'm sure the build works for others. But for the record some of the work is from the Huawei G620 device tree, moto xplay and my own stuff, all hacked together somehow - so needs lots of tidying up to make a fully working SU6 rom.

2kfy3n.jpg

Edited by lonespeaker

• 1 month later...
Guest Vodultra6

That link
https://151.80.43.196/cm-12.1-20151007-UNOFFICIAL-p839v55_TEST1_lonespeaker.zip
Is not working at all, can you please mirror?

Also if you make this with Viper4Android, i will Donate/Give 10€ by paypal

Am glad you are working on this :)

I am studying programming, got knowledge on c#, java, php, not sure if i can be of any help with android

Edited by Vodultra6

Guest BlueMoonRising

That link
https://151.80.43.196/cm-12.1-20151007-UNOFFICIAL-p839v55_TEST1_lonespeaker.zip
Is not working at all, can you please mirror?

Also if you make this with Viper4Android, i will Donate/Give 10€ by paypal

Am glad you are working on this :)

I am studying programming, got knowledge on c#, java, php, not sure if i can be of any help with android

Except he's given up on this as far as I'm aware, he doesn't have the phone and was borrowing it.

Guest Vodultra6

Except he's given up on this as far as I'm aware, he doesn't have the phone and was borrowing it.

oh... thats a shame i guess no one else is working on this phone?