A nice "bootanimation.zip" for SU6

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

Download, rename to "bootanimation.zip", remount /system RW, rename the Voda one located in "/system/media" to ""bootanimation.ORIG.zip", copy the new one to "/system/media", chmod to 644 and reboot. Et, voila!

Here's what you'll get:

AndroidL-1.gif

---> bootanimation60fps1080pLOL.zip <---

60FPS, nice and smooth, no ghastly Vodafone branding.

Edited by macbreakweeklyfan

Guest NegativeOne

Looks great.

As a novice user,  could you explain how to 'remount /system RW'.  Im using esFileExplorer if that helps.

Thanks

click the menu button in es and scroll down to almost the bottom and make sure root explorer is switched on, then go to /system/media and paste the file in. 

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

click the menu button in es and scroll down to almost the bottom and make sure root explorer is switched on, then go to /system/media and paste the file in. 

... then, and of great importance, change the permissions of the file to 644.

Guest NegativeOne

... then, and of great importance, change the permissions of the file to 644.

I didn't do that and it worked fine for me. I did delete the voda one though and rename this one boot-animation.zip

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

I didn't do that and it worked fine for me. I did delete the voda one though and rename this one boot-animation.zip

It may well work, but for the sake of correctness, there is no reason NOT to set the correct perms.

Guest jonathan bowley

Nice pure Android boot animation! Love it. Nice and clean, better than the ugly Vodafone one. I'm using a walking AT-AT I found on XDA - the geek in me couldn't resist - it even has the snowspeeders flying past!

• 3 weeks later...