Factory resetted hudl2 stuck at "Select Wi-Fi", but Wi-Fi is off

Guest Istvan Vago

Guest Istvan Vago

Hi,

After factory reset my hudl2 stops at the "Select Wi-Fi" page, but I can't select a network, because wifi is switched off. There is no any control how to switch it on. And I can't move away from this page. What should I do now? Can I switch on Wifi in the recovery or over adb? If not, is it possible to get over this Select wifi page?

Thanks

Guest Istvan Vago

Yes it's on stock KOT49H.rel.android-build.20150529.110309 release-keys. Is that possible, when the device was in airplane mode at the time of factory reset, it is still in airplane mode?

Thanks,

Istvan

If you can't get wireless to turn on (1st time I've heard that) and presume your factory reset has cleared your USB debugging then it would appear you're up a creak without a paddle - may have to report as a fault to Tesco support - unless they know a cunning fix, you'll end up having it sent back and re-flashed by them or replaced.

Repair / re-flash collection and delivery takes about 1x week (from experience -doh!).

Guest arnookie

Try reflash one of Pauls latest rooted roms.Sometime factory reset is not enough for wifi not turning on problem.

I had this with other devices..

Guest dennissingh99

Try reflash one of Pauls latest rooted roms.Sometime factory reset is not enough for wifi not turning on problem.

I had this with other devices..

And obviously you will need to enable the usb debugging first using the method stated above

Guest Istvan Vago

I followed what Normola suggested to get to settings, but I failed. May be Tesco patched this in the latest firmware I have, but searching "Settings" in Google Now returned only an error "Can't load search results". Inspecting search settings in Tablet search there is no installed apps listed. BUT I could reach Settings with the following steps (for the records, may be useful for others):

1. 'Add network' on Select Wi-Fi page

2. Long press on "," get to Input options

3. Select Google Keyboard Settings

4. Send feedback

5. Clicking "privacy policy" starts Chrome

6. In Chrome settings select "Recent tabs"

7: Click "ADD AN ACCOUNT"

8. Clicking "New" or "Existing" on "Add a Google Account" page takes in Settings

But unfortunately Wi-Fi is in an Off state, and I can't switch on with the slider. Tried enabling / disabling aeroplane mode, but no change. The wifi button stays gray when I try to switch on. Searching with google hadn't helped.

Guest robin0800

I followed what Normola suggested to get to settings, but I failed. May be Tesco patched this in the latest firmware I have, but searching "Settings" in Google Now returned only an error "Can't load search results". Inspecting search settings in Tablet search there is no installed apps listed. BUT I could reach Settings with the following steps (for the records, may be useful for others):

4. Send feedback

8. Clicking "New" or "Existing" on "Add a Google Account" page takes in Settings

But unfortunately Wi-Fi is in an Off state, and I can't switch on with the slider. Tried enabling / disabling aeroplane mode, but no change. The wifi button stays gray when I try to switch on. Searching with google hadn't helped.

You went wrong from step 4. that is why it did not work and yes this still works with latest firmware 

4.Select About Google Keyboard

5. Select open source licences

6. Highlight some text with a long press and select WEB SEARCH from the top right

7.This will take you to the Google Now search page and show a no connection error (No WiFi Right)

8.Type settings into the search box and select the settings page from the drop down

Edited by robin0800

• 4 months later...
Guest dudeygeeza
On 8/13/2015 at 3:20 PM, Istvan Vago said:

4. Send feedback

THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU 

this worked, the other didnt, so i really cannot thank you enough :D

• 7 months later...
Guest flying_chase

I have the same problem, i.e. tablet boots up fine but says its busy turning on WiFi, which never turns on. I can't skip either as the option is greyed out. I have tried a custom ROM from Paul which said it installed successfully but still hasn't resolved the problem. Could it be a physical issue? Where is the WiFi in the Hudl 2?

Any ideas or help gratefully accepted.

Thanks

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Robbo870

Same problem as @flying_chase and @daprince.

Running LMY47I.rel.android-build.20150917.142239 release-keys

When I start my Hudl2, at the "Select Wi-Fi network" screen, it either comes up with "turning on Wi-Fi" or "Add Another Network" - neither of which do anything when tapped. I have tried the steps as above to get into settings but I don't have what's described on step 2 ( Long press on "," get to Input options )

The device is well out of warranty now - is this the end of the road?

I can get into recovery - is there anything I can sideload via adb, for example?

Cheers
Robbo

• 10 months later...
Guest Lesley J

Actually after much swearing n a couple of hard reboots (off then on holding power m volume +) it has sorted itself  Now have wifi back Very slow going into apps though Maybe on it's way out after all !