[ROM][4.4.2] MIUI v6-v7

Guest johnickz

Guest mickiewicz
28 minutes ago, Pivko76 said:

mickiewicz, który wg Ciebie jest z błędami?

używałem ten od t_gumienny. wydał stable, a się okazało np. że gps nie działa po wyłączeniu ekranu (co wyklucza np. korzystanie z endomondo).

do płynności działania też można mieć uwagi, ale do tego można się przyzwyczaić.

Guest johnickz

Updated first post with the links, I have searched a lot for a working 100% MIUI and tested this ROM for six months till now.

Maybe there are other new updates but the moment that I found that ROM working 100%, then I stopped searching more.

Enjoy.

Edited by johnickz

Guest mickiewicz

it's 6.1.28, it means it is made in 28th of january 2016. you can not use it for six months ;)

the same dev made a stable miui on needrom, but i have a small bug on it - gps stop working (is not lock) when i lock the screen (and i can't use apps like endomondo).

Guest johnickz

Yes you are right, I mean that I am using this ROM over six months because I used the same previous versions before that ROM (they were fine as well but this is the newer that worked fine).

I know the version you mentioned but never tried (the differences are almost zero), try in Properties of your GPS program to find something about using the App even when the screen is off.

Sygic has that choice if I remember well.

Edited by johnickz

Guest dalyer
2 hours ago, johnickz said:

Updated first post with the links, I have searched a lot for a working 100% MIUI and tested this ROM for six months till now.

Maybe there are other new updates but the moment that I found that ROM working 100%, then I stopped searching more.

Enjoy.

Thanks a lot johnickz - I will look at this when I am in a position to reinstall my F1.

Guest mixanikosgr
On 18/4/2016 at 4:48 PM, johnickz said:

Yes you are right, I mean that I am using this ROM over six months because I used the same previous versions before that ROM (they were fine as well but this is the newer that worked fine).

I know the version you mentioned but never tried (the differences are almost zero), try in Properties of your GPS program to find something about using the App even when the screen is off.

Sygic has that choice if I remember well.

Did you check the MIUI7 rom made by X_s, 15-04-2016, (or any other of his previous ones)?

http://en.miui.com/download-208.html

Guest korekore1
it's 6.1.28, it means it is made in 28th of january 2016. you can not use it for six months ;)

the same dev made a stable miui on needrom, but i have a small bug on it - gps stop working (is not lock) when i lock the screen (and i can't use apps like endomondo).

download "gps connected" app

• 4 weeks later...
Guest mickiewicz
13 hours ago, dalyer said:

Just checking in again to see if anybody has any more recent info/comments before I install kouskous's latest 6.2.18.

http://www.needrom.com/download/miui-v6-twrp/

Is there a better one that this?

Thanks.

i'm using stabile version from t_gumienny - http://www.needrom.com/download/f1-miui-v7-2-1-stabile/ and it's quite good.

and my previous gps issues - i just add battery optimalisation rule for endomondo and it's working as it should. 

Guest dalyer
20 hours ago, Anjelly said:

i can't flush it to my Himax Polymer anyone know why?

Flash which specific ROM?

Are you using the correct custom recovery for the ROM in question?

Some need TWRP, some need CWM, some need specific versions, some need specific wipes/formats when installing.

How are you trying to flash?

What happens/goes wrong?

Guest dalyer
On 21/05/2016 at 1:55 PM, mickiewicz said:

i'm using stabile version from t_gumienny - http://www.needrom.com/download/f1-miui-v7-2-1-stabile/ and it's quite good.

and my previous gps issues - i just add battery optimalisation rule for endomondo and it's working as it should. 

Thanks - have you also tried kouskous's MIUI and, if so, how do they compare for you?

I'm inclined to go with this one based on comments here and the number of downloads/comments on needrom...

Can somebody explain the SMS issue on some or all MIUIs on F1 for which there's this 160 upper case char patch? I can't find an explanation of it. And does it only affect the MIUI messaging client or all (e.g. Textra?)?

Guest Anjelly
1 hour ago, dalyer said:

Flash which specific ROM?

Are you using the correct custom recovery for the ROM in question?

Some need TWRP, some need CWM, some need specific versions, some need specific wipes/formats when installing.

How are you trying to flash?

What happens/goes wrong?

hi dalyer,

i mean flush this MIU rom, it showing error when flushing then automatically aborted by system.

i'm using cwm 6.0.5.0

can you teach me how to wipe/clean un-install properly?

i think maybe there is something wrong with my method of wiping.

Guest dalyer

Tried flashing kouskous's MIUI 7 by following the instructions on needrom but it failed :pensive:

I got this:

** Format System

** Install System

** Symlink Set

** Metadata Set

ApplyParsedPerms: lsetfilecon of /system/lost+found to u:object_r:system_file:s0 failed: Operation not supported on transport endpoint

set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed

E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard /xiaomi-miui-hellas-4.4.2_coolpad-f1_6.2.18.zip'

Error flashing zip '/sdcard /xiaomi-miui-hellas-4.4.2_coolpad-f1_6.2.18.zip'

Updating partition details...

...done

I already had TWRP v2.8.5.0 (by bgos10) installed from ages ago but I see that kouskous provides an img file for TWRP v2.8.1.0 so I wonder if it's essential to install and use that instead?

If so I'll have to recap on how to install TWRP from an img file rather than a zip - think it's via ADB?

I'll have to try again tomorrow as it's too late for me now...

Edit: tried again after switching to TWRP V2.8.1.0 and it worked fine. Installed gapps nano and configured everything a bit. Looks good.

Edited by dalyer

Guest dalyer

Nice ROM but I'm still having problems with notifications (e.g. using mail.com mail app and Push Notification Tester) even with the Script Manager based ipv6 disabling hack linked from the first post.

They work the odd time but most of the time they do not.

That's a bit of a pain - for now I had to configure the mail.com app to poll every 30 mins but that's less desirable than getting push notifications...

Edit: seems  to be a common problem with MIUI (7?) ROMs. And non of the suggested fixes (e.g. disabling IPv6, autostart apps, locking apps in memory, tweaking permissions, Push Notification Fixer etc.) don't seem to help. I have the mail.com app configured as autostart but notifications only work after I have at least once manually opened the app... Push Notification Tester eventually works too. 

Edited by dalyer

Guest johnickz

Try to apply the tweak for disabling ipv6 properly!! After that try "PUSH NOTIFICATION TEST" to see if notifications coming.

Guest dalyer

I did that already but notifications are still hit and miss.

They only seem to arrive reliably AFTER I have run the app in question manually.

That's the case even with the app configured to auto-start.

Even Push Notification Tester fails to get notifications quite a bit - but once it gets one it looks like it gets all subsequent ones...

Guest dalyer

Another problem - Play Store now simply refuses to install apps after they have downloaded.

Tried stopping Play Services/Store, clearing caches/data etc. but no difference - simply cannot install apps.

It just sits there at 100% on the download or else sometimes does get to Installing but never completes no matter how long I leave it.

Unfortunately I don't have CatLog installed and don't have the time to try to collect a log more manually.

I think I'm going to have to ditch this ROM and try one of the other MIUI offerings. :pensive:

Edited by dalyer

Guest dalyer

As I said unfortunately I had to ditch kouskous's MIUI (the one linked from the first post in this thread) and I switched to this one which seems to be working well:

http://www.needrom.com/download/f1-miui-v7-2-1-stabile/

Edit: maybe my use of the OpenGapps gapps (nano) was the problem on Kouskous's ROM?

http://opengapps.org/?api=4.4&variant=nano

With t_gumienny's I used this instead and had no problems: 

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95832962473395379

It installs more stuff but I used link2sd to convert gapps that I did not want to user apps and then uninstalled them and also to merge updates to Play Services/Store/Google etc. into the system.

This allowed me to pare back the bloat.

I did have to apply t_gumienny's sound patch for low sound but that was all. 

I did not have any notification problem so did not need to do the IPv6 script hack (maybe that's router/network dependent though?).

I was using Gmail for mail but it was killing the battery so I switched to the MIUI built-in mail app and battery use is a lot better.

Phone now working really well so my gf is happy - let's see how long it takes her to destroy the F1 after she managed to add my Haier W910 to the long list of hand me down phones that she has killed on me... :pensive:

I didn't really get to properly evaluate and compare kouskous MIUI v t_gumienny MIUI but it looks like the latter is a bit more up to date and based on my experience it's the better ROM.

Edited by dalyer

Guest shaiju

Hi i am using miui 7.2.1 stallion mod rom. It has a best camera. It has more filters and modes with HDR Pro and HDR Live options. How can i use this camera in another miui rom? I just replaced the camera apk, but there is no filters and other options. Which are the files i have to replace? Can any one help me? Please see the screen shot of the camera app in 7.2.1 stallion mod. Here is the link to the screen shot of the rom. 

Thanks.

Screenshot_2016-05-10-16-24-17.png.fa0c95d550dc3527e77215b30463e8d1.png

Screenshot_2016-05-10-16-24-04.png.f78986b9c467ec94ab9c50b5115b060c.png

Screenshot_2016-05-10-16-24-39.png.da13c396c6601dc3b6c32c80cd967dfd.png