FM Radio/Headphones buggy?

Guest ninjacat81

Guest ninjacat81

Anyone else have this issue, not sure what the cause is the headphones or FM radio.  Firstly the supplied headphones are crap and they don't fit in my ear so I wont even talk about them.  Nokia Lumia headphones just don't work, no sound through the headphones, it comes out the back speaker for some reason.  Apple earpods, played for a moment, I hit the pause button and froze the entire phone.  HTC headphones, these work fine in playmusic but in the FM radio if you hit the button it again crashes the radio app.

Anyone any ideas?

Guest ninjacat81

Not sure it is a faulty connector as works fine with an iPod.  I'm not entirely sure exactly what headphones to use with this phone as all have issues, The supplied do not fit in my ear, I need the in ear kind.

The best I have found is the HTC in ear type but even then the mic button only works in play music, nothing else.

Guest ninjacat81

The headphone jack on these phones is very odd. Brand new Samsung headphones from an S5, they have a mic, play and pause button and up and down, none of it works on this phone only audio, no buttons or mic.  The search continues for in ear headphones with a mic that work

Apple earbuds won't work, different wiring order on the plug. Typical Apple. Anything else probably depends how well the earphone impedance matches the output.

Guest neilmasters

I'm using a pair of "JVC Xtreme Xplosives In-Ear Headphones with Mic & Remote". They work perfectly with phone so far.

Can anybody else confirm any other earbuds play / pause / volume etc that work with the phone? Thanks

Guest ninjacat81

Yeah mine don't either. Can anyone recommend a pair of cheapish but decent in ear headphones? That actually work.

I don't know what way the socket is wired on these phones but it seems very fussy. I've tried 4 kinds, none work as they should.

Guest brackehill_mob

My Sennheiser cx200 and my expensive RHA ones work fine.

However before buying a new pair, check out SoundAbout in the Play Store. I've used this for years (and bought the pro version soon after trying) as I had similar problems to this on a previous phone. If it works for you, it's a lot cheaper than a new set of cans!

Guest ninjacat81

My Sennheiser cx200 and my expensive RHA ones work fine.

However before buying a new pair, check out SoundAbout in the Play Store. I've used this for years (and bought the pro version soon after trying) as I had similar problems to this on a previous phone. If it works for you, it's a lot cheaper than a new set of cans!

I have CX200 ear phones, yes they work fine however they do not have buttons or a mic, the problem is with headphones with buttons and mic.

Guest deaglecat

I use jays ... cheapest model at around £25.   They have good bass and noodle style cable (no tangles).

No mic though on mine so can't comment if they work for track skip, call volume etc.

Apple earpods seemed to work for me (less the controls) on every other android phone I have owned.   Something strange going on to cause the phone to freeze if they are inserted.

Guest BlueMoonRising

I don't know if it's the cause of problems some folk have had but mine needed a seriously hard press to get the jack fully inserted (at least initially). I thought I had a faulty one at first until I took my courage in hand.

I use full size headphones (Noontec Zoro's, 16 ohm impedance) and the phone drives them very well, volume control is never above one quarter of the way up.

• 10 months later...
Guest CompuTechish

UPDATE: Think I had some sort of hiccup once from what I remember but I guess Android compatible headphones should work. I've used a quite few headphones and they seem to work except some that came with a Symbian Nokia but they might use a different wiring scheme which may make the incompatible. There have been updates which may have ironed out any bugs.

Edited by CompuTechish

• 3 months later...
Guest gcollins

I was also facing the same trouble. Then my brother suggested me to SoundMAGIC audiophile headphones. These headphones are comfortable to wear and delivers detailed music. Now I don't like any other headphones. I would like to recommend you also to try these affordable full size headphones.