hudl 2 in bootlooder plz help me

Guest thomasu383

Guest thomasu383

I NEED HELP

A FEW DAYS AGO I TRIED TO ROOT MY HUDL 2 ALL WENT WELL UNTIL I TURNED IT OFF WHEN I TURNED IT BACK ON IT WAS SUCK ON THE HUDL SCREEN. I TRIED INSTALLING SOME ROMS AND CUSTOM ROMS FROM RECOVERY MODE I TRIED FACTORY RESETTING (SORRY IF THESE THINGS ARE COMPLETELY THE WRONG THING TO DO.). THIS WAS MY FIRST TIME TRYING TO ROOT AND IT COULDN'T HAVE GONE WORSE I HAVE FIGURED OUT A LOT OF STUFF ABOUT ANDROID BY DOING THIS BUT I STILL CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO FIX MY PROBLEM SO PLZ HELP. 

Are you still able to access the bootloader (more importantly) and recovery modes?

If you are, as long as your boot partition is intact, you could just follow the pinned rooting thread and re-flash a known good system partition - it's definitely worth a try, let's hope your factory reseting hasn't zapped your USB bootloader access.

If you can get into bootloader mode normally, you won't need to use 'adb-windows reboot bootloader' as you can't boot that far by the sounds of things ....

Edited by Guest

Sorry, forgot it's Tesco's crippled recovery mode that's accessible via the 'power on' + 'vol+' keys. Thinking of the older hudl.

It would also appear, with the option of 'sideloading' in the recovery mode, this enables an adb connection from a pc but has it fully locked down from what I can see.

Edited by Guest

Guest thomasu383

i tried but it said:

assert failed: apply_patch_check("system/priv-app/ChildSafety.apk", then a whole lot of numbers after the numbers it says 

E:Error in tmp/update.zip

(status 7)

installation aborted

That means you're probably changed items in the system partition prior to the mess your in and the ota update is failing consistency checks. You'd have to edit the ota script to remove the checking section.