[YOUTUBE]: Smart Ultra 6 teardown video

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

@PaulOBrien

Hello. 

I've just done a 16 min teardown "how to" of the Smart Ultra 6. It really is a VERY easy phone to get open, so long as you have patience and time, and don't panic easily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9LMvSK2pJI

I've just Google'd the battery model number; it's reassuring to know that replacement batteries ARE available (it's the same battery as a model named "ZTE Blade S6 Lux"):

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Battery-Li3830T43P6h856337-3000mAh-For-ZTE-Blade-S6-Lux-5-5inch-S6-LUX-Q7/32344388414.html

Edited by macbreakweeklyfan

Guest Umrtvovacz

Yes! Thanks, I am really looking forward to seeing that video. This is what I was most interested in. I already reserved Su6 at my local Vodafone but I was really interested in possibility of opening the phone and replacing the battery.

Even the photos of it opened are a great info, not to be found anywhere else on the Internet (trust me I looked extensively).

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

Yes! Thanks, I am really looking forward to seeing that video. This is what I was most interested in. I already reserved Su6 at my local Vodafone but I was really interested in possibility of opening the phone and replacing the battery.

Even the photos of it opened are a great info, not to be found anywhere else on the Internet (trust me I looked extensively).

That's because there's this general (false) assumption that "opening things is hard". 

Guest Frankish

Great contribution mate I look forward to the video. Definitely could come in useful and if not useful educational... Which is useful in itself :)

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

Great contribution mate I look forward to the video. Definitely could come in useful and if not useful educational... Which is useful in itself :)

You're welcome. Well I am sure it will be of benefit to a few folks :)

Guest Wayne877

Could, theoretically, a qi charging coil be fitted under the back cover then? Or would the NFC thingy be compromised. (Sorry about the technical terms)

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Methanoid

Could, theoretically, a qi charging coil be fitted under the back cover then? Or would the NFC thingy be compromised. (Sorry about the technical terms)

Was thinking the exact same thing myself... maybe a small one at the other end to the NFC thing... But it would be a little hacky!!! Anyone feel brave and competent?

Thanks OP for the video BTW, Battery is a bit pricy!

• 2 months later...
Guest c0d3x42

Thanks for the video it gave me the confidence to open up my SU6.

Any ideas thought how to disconnect the battery? I can't quite tell which direction i need to push/pull/prod the connector.

Being able to disconnect the battery would probably be a big help when fiddling with custom firmware, as i believe that a borked install can only be fixed once the battery drains to flat.

cheers,

-vince