Reverting G510 to stock

Guest GodsOtherHand

Guest GodsOtherHand

Hello. 

My G510 started going bad a few days ago. The top of the touchscreen is not working anymore.

So, this means i need to take it back to Vodafone as it still is under warranty. Im guessing I'll need to reflash the original ROM on it, or else they will send me back home. 

I got the UPDATE.APP file for Vodafone Romania.. but i cannot flash it. I created a 'dload' folder on my SD card (so external storage, not internal) with the UPDATE.APP file inside. However, Volume up + down + power got me into CWM. 

After that, i found a nice tutorial for restoring the original recovery. It was a script that depackaged the update.app and one of the files was the recovery image. Flashed it using fastboot and now i got the original recovery (at least i think it is).

Still, pressing Volume up+down+power does not automatically start installing the update.app, it just gets me into a recovery similar to CWM (but not the same..black background, an opened droid icon at the start).

After getting into this recovery, i go to the 'install from sd card' option and i select my update.app file. But it fails.

I have no idea on what I should do next...

Guest wbrambley

Install custom recovery again then flash this:
https://mega.nz/#!HB4GVa5B!Bbh-k3i-PlNpLOZuPga-WUTNXskSTvBSSXaWgC9YoDI
It is b170 stock. Then from the stock ROM I believe you have an option to update from local source(dload folder in root of SD card)

Guest GodsOtherHand

My stock should be B193. 

I am guessing B170 will not work for me. 

What file is that in your link? I am asking so that i might locate the one needed for B193

Guest wbrambley

My stock should be B193. 

I am guessing B170 will not work for me. 

What file is that in your link? I am asking so that i might locate the one needed for B193

Can you give me a link for your B193 ROM and I will make one you can flash from custom recovery.

Guest wbrambley

Hi, sorry to say there is a CRC error for system.img in both your update.app and another i found on mega.co.nz.

Can you find the complete package in the original rar?

Guest GodsOtherHand

I am guessing the one you found on mega.co.nz is the same one i sent, as that was the only link i could find with a b193 romanian update.app.

I am guessing that if i flash a UK update.app it should still work, if it's made for g510-0100 and it is B193.. Right? If yes, here is the official link: 

http://consumer.huawei.com/en/mobile-phones/support/downloads/g510-en.htm

From what i can tell, this file is the same as the one i sent originally (same file size in bytes). 

Huawei had a link for the romanian version for update.app but it does not work anymore.. 

I downloaded it a while back, but i am not sure if this is it:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-YpBwSQNrniRWxzSXVFa1Noajg/view?usp=sharing

This file appears to be a little different that the other ones.

By the way, thank you very much for helping me!

Guest GodsOtherHand

No, I do not have a backup of anything.. 

Btw, did one of the files above worked fine? If yes, could you tell me which one?

Edited by GodsOtherHand

Guest wbrambley

Here: https://mega.nz/#!3dgBmKzQ!Ve7-ZD7O6BBZvUkQVyJdkpmftjPcpzVTm-YzNRjJ8ss

G510 firmwareG510-0100CAndroid 4.1Emtion UI V100R001C479B193 United Kingdom Channel

Install with custom recovery

Thanks to  worstenbrood for his very handy tool:  http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2433454

Edited by wbrambley

Guest GodsOtherHand

I cannot download the file...  it says "the file you are trying to download is no longer available" :(. Maybe bad URL? Or they deleted it..

If they deleted it, could you maybe upload it to something like google drive and i will post here once it is downloaded so you can delete it (so it won't take up space)? 

Guest wbrambley

I cannot download the file...  it says "the file you are trying to download is no longer available" :(. Maybe bad URL? Or they deleted it..

If they deleted it, could you maybe upload it to something like google drive and i will post here once it is downloaded so you can delete it (so it won't take up space)? 

No, my bad. I had it in sync folder then moved or deleted it on the PC.
Will re-upload.

Guest GodsOtherHand

Ty for making the zip. However after flashing it, the phone is stuck.. i get the 'android' logo (this one; http://techwikasta.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/EmulatorBootAnim.jpg)  and nothing happens.. after 1 hour i took the battery out.. 

However i do notice that CWM is gone and the original recovery is installed.

I will try using TWRP but it should behave the same..

Edited by GodsOtherHand

Guest wbrambley

https://mega.nz/#!KBgjXBJC!ab2TrRhO6ZxViHtH5FrXoNUTNJnAU7GVhNLJN1lYMBA
Link to twrp 2.6.3.3 if you don't have it. It's in zip file but you can extract .img and fastboot flash.

Guest GodsOtherHand

Hello. Sorry for late reply. Did not have access to pc :P.

It behaves the same way..stuck the the boot-up animation screen.

However i notices a few errors after flashing the .zip in the earlier like (G510-B193-Europe.zip).

It says:

E: Unable to find partition size for '/recovery'
E: unale to mount 'internal_sd'
E: Unable to recreate and-sec folder
E: Unable to mount 'internal_sd'
Updating partition details...
Full SELinux support is present...
E: Unable to set emmc bootloader message.

After that it says it flashed a few .img files and it was successful. A few errors might have been before (only seen these as the 'Unable to find partition size for /recovery' error is the 1st line in the log). I will reflash a little later and will post an update if more errors are shows while flashing.

But still wont go past the android boot-up screen. 

UPDATE: Tried to flash again to observe errors..but now no errors. But phone still stuck after reboot..

Edited by GodsOtherHand

Guest GodsOtherHand

I installed a stock B199 image on the device, and that seemed to work. After that is used 'local update' to try out different update.app files. However i cannot find a Vodafone B193 or B195 image. (The phone originally had B193 but received the B195 update)... Tried the European version, but it is not what i need. Looks like i will have to return it this way and hope for the best, as i could not find any vodafone update.app

Guest GodsOtherHand

No, not Vodafone. I have a friend who has the same phone bought 2-3 days apart from the same Vodafone store. After checking for updates, still b195. Btw, could i create an UPDATE.APP from his phone to use in mine? The ROM should be right what i need..

Guest wbrambley

Update.app no. But you could do twrp or cwm backup and restore all except /data onto your phone. If using twrp, remember it makes a different sub folder for different phones and you will have to move his backup to your phone's folder.

Once done push the stock recovery onto it and that should be enough to fool them.