sd card permissions

Guest mjb152

Guest mjb152

I formatted an sd card with Fat32, stuck loads of stuff on it and then inserted it into the phone.  Now I can't use ES explorer to copy files onto it, as the permissions don't allow.

Am I forced to root the phone, or is there another way to get write permissions on the external card ?

Guest mjb152

Use the original explorer app

this,   I used the File Manager and it worked fine.  thanks for pointing it out.

Still trying to decide whether I need to root my daughters phone or not, can't see any obvious reason so far.

Super impressed with the phone, can't argue with the value for money.

Guest brackehill_mob

Did you provide a label for the partition when you formatted it? Without a label Lollipop will behave like this. I use Total Commander as my file manager which leads you through the hoops we now need to jump through.

Guest neilmasters

Did you provide a label for the partition when you formatted it? Without a label Lollipop will behave like this. I use Total Commander as my file manager which leads you through the hoops we now need to jump through.

This.

I use Solid Explorer and have no issues copying to and from a FAT32 SD card. It used to crash until it was given a volume label though.

Guest brackehill_mob

I couldn't find an app that would do this after a quick search. It might be possible using adb shell but you would need to be rooted. As I was transferring my sd card from my old phone, I popped it into my PC.