Selling up; bored of it.

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

I'm selling my SU6, as I feel it has reached a point where I am merely using it as a second phone (without a SIM) and as merely a tablet, and that's kinda pointless to me now. It's been interesting seeing how this thing took off (only just) but seeing as this is England, and we're a tiny little island, the amount of involvement and interest in this as a device to hack on is "meh" at best, whereas, were it an international device, the hacking on it would be HUGELY ramped up. I am not undermining or devaluing anyone's efforts, but I feel any further pursuit would be a dead end for me, and I have many other things to do.

Thanks to all, and hey - there's a cheap SU6 floating around somewhere with your name on it. 

Take care.

Edited by macbreakweeklyfan

Guest ImMarkey

I have to agree I've had mine since launch day and the last few weeks have gotten bored of it, the size of the handset was just too much for me and found carrying it around was a pain. I ended up leaving it at home while going to work as I couldn't really carry it around in my pocket. Don't get me wrong for the price it's a superb handset but I cannot see anyone developing for it, I also cannot see Vodafone updating it to Android 6 so in a few months the software is going to be outdated so I've taken the hard decision to sell it today and received £115 but I did get it unlocked before selling.

My next device will be a Moto X Play which has stock Android 5.1.1 and will receive Android 6.

If CM12.1 was released it would make the device outstanding but again I did find some minor bugs with false headphone notifications, the double tap to wake never worked, Android 5.0.2 and not 5.1 as advertised, the screen colours were not always fluid and seemed dark.

But that's my own view and I know people will love this handset for the money but mine has now gone.   

Guest ninjacat81

Mine lasted 3 weeks before it became my second phone.  The size of it was just to much for me, 5" screen is the max for me personally.  It also suffered the same issue as my previous Galaxy S5, decent specs, but it was laggy, if you had them specs on iOS or Windows phone the thing would fly.  I can only put it down to 5.0.2 and sadly the chances of any updates other than security updates are very slim. Thinking about fleabaying it this week.

Guest deaglecat

I have to agree I've had mine since launch day and the last few weeks have gotten bored of it, the size of the handset was just too much for me and found carrying it around was a pain. I ended up leaving it at home while going to work as I couldn't really carry it around in my pocket. Don't get me wrong for the price it's a superb handset but I cannot see anyone developing for it, I also cannot see Vodafone updating it to Android 6 so in a few months the software is going to be outdated so I've taken the hard decision to sell it today and received £115 but I did get it unlocked before selling.

My next device will be a Moto X Play which has stock Android 5.1.1 and will receive Android 6.

If CM12.1 was released it would make the device outstanding but again I did find some minor bugs with false headphone notifications, the double tap to wake never worked, Android 5.0.2 and not 5.1 as advertised, the screen colours were not always fluid and seemed dark.

But that's my own view and I know people will love this handset for the money but mine has now gone.   

I hear that the moto x play also lags a bit. SD615 problem....

Guest Frankish

I hear that the moto x play also lags a bit. SD615 problem....

Wow there really are a lot of reviews saying the play has lags and software problems. Hopefully can be sorted with a software update for them... And us.