Latest Sky Go App on Hudl 2

Guest theadmans

Guest theadmans

I have been using Sky Go on my Hudl 2 for some time now.

Over the Summer I was getting messages saying that there is a new version of the Sky Go App available.

As my existing App worked I decided to play it safe and stick with the current App.

Anyway since the start of the new footie season I have noticed the messages asking me to upgrade have stopped appearing.

I am wondering if anyone on here has upgraded to the latest version and it works OK on an unrooted stock Hudl 2 ?

Occasionally I have glitches where the screen takes a while to settle down - so I am wondering if it is safe to upgrade - thanks.

The current version of the sky go app I'm using is 2.2.3 and it works just fine. Are you using the sky go tablet version??  I haven't had an update for a while. After reading up on the version I have it appears they no longer have a separate tablet app so only the Sky Go app is offered on the playstore. I've extracted the apk and saved a copy of it. I'm not sure what the newer version of the Sky Go app offers that's different but like I said the tablet version works fine and offers up no update snag screen. 

Edited by Ouzy
Update

Guest theadmans

OK thanks I checked and I am using the same version of Sky Go Tablet as you.

I think I will avoid the urge to update it. Mostly the problems I get are when I have weak WiFi. 

Edited by theadmans

Guest oldscot

OK thanks I checked and I am using the same version of Sky Go Tablet as you.

I think I will avoid the urge to update it. Mostly the problems I get are when I have weak WiFi.

I'm using 4.2.1 with no problems. Can't compare to other versions though as it is all I'v ever used.

• 2 weeks later...