NEW (but the same latest version) OTA from UK03C to UK_MR01d

Guest elperroderoke

Guest elperroderoke

Playing around with TWRP fllashables OTAs (so going upgrade and going back to older versions, TWRP backups and so on), I found that theres is a new OTA that goes directly from UK03c to the lastest UK_MR01d, so if you have not update from UK03c to UKMR01b before, you won't have the OTA http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/375720-new-update-security-updates-13mb/ because is included now in the new OTA.

Here is the new OTA update.zip, if you want to have it and upgrade manually, but remember that is the same that you'll have upgrading from Phone Settings, so Stock Rom and recovery is mandatory.

From /data/data/com.zte.zdm/files/

https://mega.nz/#!scBknASJ!D2QOUvED3sRuIiLUKU4Ow-dEK8STA3Gaip31QKzH51M

From ZTE's server (rename to update.zip)

http://dl1.ztems.com/zxmdmp/download.do?doWhat=getUp&filename=firmwarepackages/HK/ZTE/Vodafone Smart ultra 6/102792/update_UK_VDF_P839V55V1.0.0B13_to_V1.0.0B03.up

Regards.

Edited by elperroderoke

Guest KonstaT

Found it on /data/data/com.zte.zdm/files/update.zip

Just copying that info here as well as that might come useful to other people. You could probably catch the URL it's downloaded from if you'd check logcat when you start downloading it. It's something like http://dl1.ztems.com/zxmdmp/download.do?doWhat=getUp&filename=firmwarepackages/HK/ZTE/Vodafone Smart ultra 6/randomnumbers/update_currentversion_to_newversion.up. Would be interesting to see if there's any pattern or any way to see all available OTA's at ZTE site.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

I tried but no logcat.apk found in play store worked (maybe my fault).

Heh, how about you Google searched it. ;) First three hits are extremely useful. And yes, there's even several apps for it...

Edited by KonstaT

Guest elperroderoke

As i told you I have tried severals times apks and ways, but I was no able to do it. alogcat, extremelogcat and lot of more that had logcat in te name apk, but for one or other reason I could do it. I tried >adb log cat in Windows command, but it missed part of the text when stoped (maybe to much text for one windows). I did google search as you can see, but I'm a little tired to flash ROMs doing backups and restores, and editing scripts....

I apologize but  I'm not a developer, I have enoght having all the updates.zip and making them TWRP flashables and working, if you could point me a ussefull link or apk that I had not try, I would restore or flash the corresponding ROM  again to capture ot try to capture the link.

Regards.

NOTE: With all the mess I have with differents OTAs, I uploaded the one I made for using with TWRP instead of the stock one, so if you have downloaded that file, you will have a signature verification failled. I will upload the original update.zip  soon.

Edited by elperroderoke

Guest KonstaT

If you can use adb it's much better than any app. Just pipe it to a file and hit ctrl+c when you want to stop.

adb logcat > filename.txt

I don't have a device so I won't be flashing anything. ;) Already got the info I wanted from your zip.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest elperroderoke

If you can use adb it's much better than any app. Just pipe it to a file and hit ctrl+c when you want to stop.

adb logcat > filename.txt

I don't have a device so I won't be flashing anything. ;) Already got the info I wanted from your zip.

I'm triying the method right now with this OTA, lets see what happens.

NOTE:

Orginal update.zip OTA uploaded again.

Regards.

Guest elperroderoke