Wrong Time & Date

Guest goods

Anyone els having a problem with the time & date?, my Ultra 6 reboots  with the date March 1970 & 6 hours ahead of my local time, I need to connect to my wifi to correct it, very odd.

Guest bobby-gg

Funny you've mentioned it it - yes,  mine did it today! 

Mines still being used as a second phone with the EE 100gig sim in it and I'd let it go flat last night, charged and powered up this morning and I got the 13th January 1970, left it all day to sync itself but in the end I had to update the date and time manually,  never thought of trying over WiFi 

Will run it down again and see what happens 

Edited by bobby-gg
Spelling

Guest BlueMoonRising

Anyone els having a problem with the time & date?, my Ultra 6 reboots  with the date March 1970 & 6 hours ahead of my local time, I need to connect to my wifi to correct it, very odd.

Mine did that about the same time, it was just a network glitch.

Mine did that about the same time, it was just a network glitch.

Which Network?, I'm with 3 Mobile. just did a reboot, same thing date is showing 16/03/1970 time 00:47

Edited by goods

Guest BlueMoonRising

Which Network?, I'm with 3 Mobile. just did a reboot, same thing date is showing 16/03/1970 time 00:47

I'm on Giffgaff for now which of course piggybacks on 3. It did it again last night for some reason, the only thing I changed was putting it on 'Automatic Time Zone'. I've taken that off again and will see what happens.

Edit: I think (I'm not 100%) this has only happened when rebooting the phone so seems to be caused by the sim getting the time signal after WhatsApp for instance has started. 

2nd Edit: Giffgaff runs on O2 of course, not 3, Doh.

Edited by BlueMoonRising

I've tried restarting the phone with auto time & date selected, & with manually set time & date, it restarts with the wrong time & date every time, also the MTP mode will not stay selected, looks like I will have to send it back for an exchange.

Guest lazyliam

1970 bug also present on my lg g2 and there's a little zip to correct it though its only a material bug try xda if it's concerning you but i certainly wouldn't be returning my phone over it Good luck

Guest Roboffabike

I had the same this afternoon, lost data so decided to reboot.
Restarted as 09/01/1970.
This is on Virgin mobile in UK. It briefly reset to normal but then reverted to 1970.
When I got back to my home WiFi it returned to normal.
The slightly worrying thing was that Google backup complained of being unable to backup as 16670 days since previous backup!

Guest LiNe171

I think its a error on the new devices.. My is "2 months old" with the update and the time and date are both correct, even after reboots..

Edit: Well, after reboot my time and date changes too.. But only for 1 sec.. After that sec the time and date comes to normal.. Soo, it's the update problem i think.. I don't really know.. But my girlfriend doesn't have the new update and she has this error too.. Confusing.

Edited by LiNe171