TWRP Flashable Stock Rom (UK_MR01D FULL & ES_MR01D_2 LITE)

Guest elperroderoke

Guest elperroderoke

FULL VERSION

This is a TWRP flashable zip file that will install the latest (B013) UK_MR01d rom in your phone.

Aldo "100%" stock rom, only /system and boot.img are "updated" so the rest of files/partitions will remain as your phone is right now. This means that unless you have upgrade to this version using the oficial OTA packages, you could not install any new oficial OTA even if you try to use the stock recovery due to those other partitions that are not updated. I will provide the next OTAs updates to be installed in TWRP too so you won´t need to revert to older version and install the stock recovery to upgrade from the beggining

https://mega.nz/#!NcRjBa6T!I-KcNtlMMOF_8al-2uF0Yp16fr4-1-7cszvStcISYrI

Is not necessary any kind of wipe or format if you don´t want (I didn't even clear cache or dalvik-cache, but it won't hurt you)  just install the zip to upgrade from any other version (even not UK), modded, rooted, xposed. But you will have to root again and if you installed before, reinstall xposed framework.

If you want to root, just install supersu using TWRP too. You can download the supersu zip here

https://download.chainfire.eu/696/SuperSU/

LITE VERSION.

This is a TWRP flashable zip file that will install a "custom Rom" based on the latest ES _MR01d_2 rom in your phone.

https://mega.nz/#!IB5jyTwL!h_p5JJ70N5S03Hj1JUfZrHxmWbThJhqiQFbuZ9uulm4

Removed all Vodafone apps. (See list bellow)

Removed almost all Googles app that can be downloaded directly from Google Play just if you want to have it (So they will be user's app instead of system). (See list bellow)

Removed other apps that are included in the system of the stock rom, but they are installed as user's app (that you could remove easily). (See list bellow)

Not needed to say that you can do all this by yourself in the stock ROM if your "choice" is different that mine.

Edited /system/etc/language.xml. Now all the lenguage included in all VF's ROM for US6 in language.xml options will be displayed to select.

<string name="LOCALES">de_DE,en_US,en_GB,fr_FR,it_IT,es_US,el_GR,ro_RO,hu_HU,ca_ES,pt_PT,es_ES,hdpi</string>

Changed bootanimation (thanks to @macbreakweeklyfan)

If you want to root, just install supersu using TWRP too. You can download the supersu zip here

List of app/folder removed.

/system/app
Books\
CalendarGoogle\
Chrome\
Drive\
Gmail2\

GoogleTTS\ (Changed for Pico TTS)

Hangouts\
MessagePlus\
Music2\
Newsstand\
PlayGames\
PlusOne\
Street\
Videos\
YouTube\

priv-app\
Velvet\
Vodafone_Updates\

\partner-app\ (included in system but installed in /data/app)
CloudPrint\
DirectAccessories\
Discover\
EditorsDocs\
EditorsSheets\
EditorsSlides\
flipboard\
Keep\
MyWebLauncher\
NewsWeather\
Smart_Flow\
SmartTips\
Translate\
Twitter\

Is not necessary any kind of wipe or format if you don´t want (I didn't even clear cache or dalvik-cache, but it won't hurt you)  just install the zip to upgrade from any other version (even not UK), modded, rooted, xposed. But you will have to root again and if you installed before, reinstall xposed framework.

If not clean install, you have to manually uninstall the user's apps (let's say Flipboard) or system's apps that where updated (let's say Google Books) at your choice.

ADVICE: I have tried all that in my own phone several times, but I can't accept any responsability.

Regards.

Edited by elperroderoke

Guest Roboffabike

This is a TWRP flashable zip file that will install the latest (B013) UK_MR01d rom in your phone.

Aldo "100%" stock rom, only /system and boot.img are "updated" so the rest of files/partitions will remain as your phone is right now. This means that unless you have upgrade to this version using the oficial OTA packages, you could not install any new oficial OTA even if you try to use the stock recovery due to those other partitions that are not updated. I will provide the next OTAs updates to be installed in TWRP too so you won´t need to revert to older version and install the stock recovery to upgrade from the beggining

https://mega.nz/#!NcRjBa6T!I-KcNtlMMOF_8al-2uF0Yp16fr4-1-7cszvStcISYrI

There is a LITE version (the one I use) that I will share tomorrow.

ADVICE: I have tried all that in my own phone several times, but I can't accept any responsability.

Regards.

Thanks for this, exactly what I was after and works a treat.

Guest elperroderoke

Lite will have the Vodafone cruft removed ?

Yes, and all the Google's apps that you can install from Google Play if you really want to have it installed.
Regards.

Guest elperroderoke

No, if you want oficial OTAs just use oficial and untouched ROM.

What I meant is that I will provide a modificated OTA (or flashable full ROM) package so we can have the /system and /boot upgraded as the ofical ROM without the need to have untouched oficial rom or stock recovery.

Regards.

Edited by elperroderoke

Guest elperroderoke

Looks like you have your first 'custom' ROM. ;)

Not my first "custom ROM". I realize that this is a work that anyone can do just looking inside oficial updates, zips, scripts and so on, as far as you have winrar and notepad+ (and if someone has made a custom recovery for that phone, of course).

This is something that I do with all the phones I owned (U8650,G300, P1XL, ZTE967v, Xiaomi HM1, HM1s, MotoG, MotoG 2014, BQ E5 4G), sometimes there is a lot of people doing the same kind of "custom ROM", so I make them just for myself and try to help in forums, and sometimes even that is easy, there is not even this kind of stock ROM that make things easier to other and I share something that I did for me.

Regards.

Guest KonstaT

Not my first "custom ROM". I realize that this is a work that anyone can do just looking inside oficial updates, zips, scripts and so on, as far as you have winrar and notepad+ (and if someone has made a custom recovery for that phone, of course).

This is something that I do with all the phones I owned (U8650,G300, P1XL, ZTE967v, Xiaomi HM1, HM1s, MotoG, MotoG 2014, BQ E5 4G), sometimes there is a lot of people doing the same kind of "custom ROM", so I make them just for myself and try to help in forums, and sometimes even that is easy, there is not even this kind of stock ROM that make things easier to other and I share something that I did for me.

Regards.

Yeah, I meant first 'custom' ROM for this device.

Well, isn't at least half of winzip'ed stock based ROMs posted in XDA just like this. Change launcher, remove/add some default apps, change bootanimation (this appears to be the most import one :P), change few identifiers in build.prop and come up with a catchy name. ;)

You could look into deodexing and resigning (that would require users doing a full wipe, though) your ROM to make modifying it easier (apktool and such). I know there's e.g. simple booleans in SystemUI you could switch to disable carrier name in status bar or to add clear all button.

Guest kiffmoore

really appreciate your effort with this, first time i've been able to update my phone since kingroot seemed to mess with my files, destroy chrome and wouldn't allow OTA update even after Paul's stock rom install. very pleased this evening, a great start to the weekend!

Guest elperroderoke

Yeah, I meant first 'custom' ROM for this device.

Well, isn't at least half of winzip'ed stock based ROMs posted in XDA just like this. Change launcher, remove/add some default apps, change bootanimation (this appears to be the most import one :P), change few identifiers in build.prop and come up with a catchy name. ;)

You could look into deodexing and resigning (that would require users doing a full wipe, though) your ROM to make modifying it easier (apktool and such). I know there's e.g. simple booleans in SystemUI you could switch to disable carrier name in status bar or to add clear all button.

I like to play with all this, but at the end I always back to stock ROMs. In this case I'd rather not to touch any stock file as I have the idea to path the ROM with the OTAS and update the ROM as the oficial do. If someone wants to take this work and build a "more custom ROM" is free to do it.

Regards.

Guest jonathan bowley

Thanks for the full build, used it to restore broken chrome! Confused about the benefits of the lite build though - removing the Vodafone bloat I understand, but removing the Google apps from system and then reinstalling from Google Play will just fill up what little memory there is for apps... Would you mind explaining to me, I'm confused!

Guest elperroderoke

Thanks for the full build, used it to restore broken chrome! Confused about the benefits of the lite build though - removing the Vodafone bloat I understand, but removing the Google apps from system and then reinstalling from Google Play will just fill up what little memory there is for apps... Would you mind explaining to me, I'm confused!

You are not reinstalling the apps, you only install the ones you want to have it in your phone. Most of the Google's app that come in /system stock Rom, are updated as soon as you configure the phone so you will have to download no less than 500 or 600 Megas of apps and all them will be installed in phone memory (when a system app is updated is not changed, older version remains in /system/app or /system/priv-app and the new versions is installed in /data/app) so if you only install the ones that you are going to use less memory phone (in my case 400 Megas or more) is going to be needed. You will have more control if the app is not a system app, for instance is easier to find one Startup Manager to block Google Calendar at boot if is installed like user app than if is a system app.

As I told you before, you can do it more or less the same if you unistall the updates and freeze theses app from Setting > App but you have to do it one by one, and all of them will remain "waiting" in system (not a big deal), and the other will remains as system app.

Regards.

Edited by elperroderoke

Guest Zeus_Alex

Normally Android comes preloaded with several languages since ICS. It's not a big deal because i can add it, but it was just to the op to know
Other than that, all is fine and it's rooted. I can start using all my rooted apps without any limits, even xposed (no, it doesn't lag my phone )

Guest jonathan bowley

You are not reinstalling the apps, you only install the ones you want to have it in your phone. Most of the Google's app that come in /system stock Rom, are updated as soon as you configure the phone so you will have to download no less than 500 or 600 Megas of apps and all them will be installed in phone memory (when a system app is updated is not changed, older version remains in /system/app or /system/priv-app and the new versions is installed in /data/app) so if you only install the ones that you are going to use less memory phone (in my case 400 Megas or more) is going to be needed. You will have more control if the app is not a system app, for instance is easier to find one Startup Manager to block Google Calendar at boot if is installed like user app than if is a system app.

As I told you before, you can do it more or less the same if you unistall the updates and freeze theses app from Setting > App but you have to do it one by one, and all of them will remain "waiting" in system (not a big deal), and the other will remains as system app.

Regards.

Wow! Thanks for taking the time to explain that to me. I have learned something new. Thanks for that!

Guest elperroderoke

I tried your "lite" rom and so far, so good. There's just a problem with it...wheres the rest of the system languages? No Portuguese whatsoever

It must to be a configuration of the UK Rom. Anyway go to Google Play and install Morelocale2, launch the programa and select Portuguese (Portugal) to change the lenguage. I asume is a "problem" of the UK rom that hide the rest of the languages but they are there. Root needed.

Regards.

Guest KonstaT

It must to be a configuration of the UK Rom. Anyway go to Google Play and install Morelocale2, launch the programa and select Portuguese (Portugal) to change the lenguage. I asume is a "problem" of the UK rom that hide the rest of the languages but they are there. Root needed.

Regards.

Have you tried removing /system/etc/language.xml? Or if that doesn't work, add more locales to that list.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest elperroderoke

Yes, you are right:

language.xml (from ES)

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8' standalone='yes' ?>
<map>
<string name="LOCALES">ca_ES,en_US,en_GB,pt_PT,es_ES,hdpi</string>
</map>

language.xml (from UK)

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8' standalone='yes' ?>
<map>
<string name="LOCALES">de_DE,en_US,en_GB,fr_FR,it_IT,es_US,hdpi</string>
</map>

The "problem" is that I don't wanna touch any system file so I won't have problems to patch the ROM with the next OTAS without having to restore to original ones then patch and then edit it again when is a problem that anyone can solve by themself without effort (I had to change mine for es_ES instead of es_US). I belive that maybe /system/etc/language.xml is not going to be patched as I'm 100% sure build.prop will be, but how knows.

As I told I do that for my and I share it, but maybe yes I think that /system/etc/language.xml is a file that I can control as the other I have deleted in lite versión (is a bit annoing go line by line in the OTA updater-script looking for the files I have deleted or edited).

Regards.

Edited by elperroderoke

Guest elperroderoke

So here it is.

Patch for /system/etc/language.xml. Now all the lenguage included in all VF's ROM for US6 in language.xml options will be displayed to select.

<string name="LOCALES">de_DE,en_US,en_GB,fr_FR,it_IT,es_US,el_GR,ro_RO,hu_HU,ca_ES,pt_PT,es_ES,hdpi</string>

Changed bootanimation (thanks to @macbreakweeklyfan)

Just install the zip no matter if FULL or LITE if you want to change this two little things.

https://mega.nz/#!hABSzSJB!CCIpkj5QBuu_GQr2_KF7nXlAkA9MZr8VUC6R1fmkHxM

Regards.

Edited by elperroderoke

• 3 weeks later...