Working hudl2 with wireless keyboard

Guest Subramanian Ganesh

Can anybody tried hudl with wireless keyboard?

If so help pairing keyboard with hudl2

Ganesh

In one of your other attempts to post, you mentioned you are using the K400. It relies on its own dongle.  The Hudl2 has nowhere to plug it in.

Edited by nybor

Guest John Lawrence

I'm using a logitech wireless keyboard and mouse, no pairing is required - it just works..The dongle supplied is connected to the Hudl using the micro usb to female USB connector supplied with the Hudl.

John

Guest Subramanian Ganesh

Ganesh

Ganesh

I'm using a logitech wireless keyboard and mouse, no pairing is required - it just works..The dongle supplied is connected to the Hudl using the micro usb to female USB connector supplied with the Hudl.

John

I am using login tech k400 wireless key board with dongle connected to hurdl2

Micro usb and try pairing the wireless keyboard board. K400 but hudl2 fail to recognise the keyboard.  Can any one help?

Guest Subramanian Ganesh

I'm using a logitech wireless keyboard K400 ait  The dongle supplied is connected to the Hudl using the micro usb to female USB connector supplied with the Hudl2. Enabled the bluetooth but it fails to recognise the keyboard to pair

Ganesh

Guest John Lawrence

It wouldn't do. As far as the Hudl is concerned the keyboard is a "Physical Keyboard" and nothing to do with Bluetooth. Go to 'Settings',  'Language and input', 'PHYSICAL KEYBOARD', and see if your device is listed.

Select 'Default' -  Is 'Hardware' set to ON?

If not listed, check connections, keyboard battery, ON/Off switch etc.

John

Guest Subramanian Ganesh

Dear John,

Thank you very much for your supportive reply.

I have checked as suggsted,

in hudl 2 went to 'Settings',  'Language and input', 'PHYSICAL KEYBOARD', and and found the devise is not listed

it has Google Keyboard, Google voice Typing only.

I have checked the connections, key board Battery is new, switch on...

In fact it works well with my Samsung S5; but unfortunately not working with hudl 2

Appreciate your response with additional input.

With warm regards

Ganesh S

Ph Mobile (UK) 07480301286

Guest Subramanian Ganesh

Dear John,

Just an updates.

I tried the suggession with yet another hudl2

It is working fine. Looks my hudl 2 Micro USB is not working and have connection issues.

Let me take it up with Tesco team

Thanks for your king=d help

Regards

Ganesh S

=============

Guest John Lawrence

As a further check you could try unplugging the dongle and substituting a USB flash drive. This should show up through 'Settings', 'Storage', 'USB Storage'. If the connection is non-existent it won't show up.

If the connection is intermittent you will see this on the listing.

John

Guest Subramanian Ganesh

Hi,

John,

Thanks for input. USB flash works perfect.

In mine too it works on & off; means it identifies the wireless key boar K400 one or two times but son=me time not.

Tried with yet another hudl of my grand daughter there also it did not worked. Hopefully you can contribute some more knowledge to manage the same.

Thanks in advance

regards

Ganesh S

====================

Guest John Lawrence

So far we have established that the Hudl and microUSB lead are physically sound. There could be a compatibility problem between the Hudl driver and the K400 - an update to your Hudl might solve this but I'm not very confident.

The only things that I can think of now are:

1) If you have a wireless mouse or another wireless keyboard, try these;

2) Look for sources of 2.4GHz interference;

3) Move the Keyboard closer to, or further from, the Hudl to see if this makes a difference.

Regards

John

Guest Subramanian Ganesh

Hi,

John,

Thanks for additional input; as mentioned earlier, USB flash works perfect.

.My answer are as under in red

1) If you have a wireless mouse or another wireless keyboard, try these;

I do not have one; let me try to borrow and experiment

2) Look for sources of 2.4GHz interference;

As of now i could not find one; we have Land line Hands free set; but rarely used. When i tried phone not working.

3) Move the Keyboard closer to, or further from, the Hudl to see if this makes a difference.

I always work very closer; During working try distancing the keyboard for ensuring its likability

As mentioned whenever i connect Wireless keyboard, with Samsung phone S5; it works very well instantly :-)

Thanks; shall update.

with warm regards

Ganesh S

====================

Guest John Lawrence

Ganesh, I'm afraid that I have bad news for you, the K400 is not reliably compatible with Android and is mainly intended for Windows systems. Logitech claims that it works with Android 5 so it might be of some use to you in the future (see elseware in the forum). If you look on the Logitech website you find the full spec. of the keyboard. I never expected that logitech would produce such an ill-thoughtout design!

Best Regards

John

Edited by John Lawrence
Looked at the full spec. of the K400

Ganesh, I'm afraid that I have bad news for you, the K400 is not reliably compatible with Android and is mainly intended for Windows systems. Logitech claims that it works with Android 5 so it might be of some use to you in the future (see elseware in the forum). If you look on the Logitech website you find the full spec. of the keyboard. I never expected that logitech would produce such an ill-thoughtout design!

Best Regards

John

I have used my K400 with four different Android devices without any problems at all, none of them yet running Lollipop.  A friend has used his with 7 or 8.  So whatever Logitech says, I don't think there is any significant incompatibility with Android.

Having posted in haste near the start of this thread (since I had completely forgotten Tesco supplied a micro-USB to USB adapter), I tried my K400 with the Hudl2 just now. It worked straight away. I did not have to alter any software settings.

I do find that when moving the K400 from one device to another, which I do often, it is sometimes necessary to switch the keyboard off and on again. Moreover, some Android boxes are fussy about the USB adapter used to plug in the dongle.

Guest Subramanian Ganesh

Dear John,

Good Morning.

Thank you very much for your valuable input. Finally K400 looks not a bad product.

I really appreciate your involvement in going in depth in any issues; same time having concern on others.

Wish you all the best; Have a Great days ahead.

Wish & Pray Almighty for your Good health, Long life, Happiness, Prosperity, Wisdom & Peace.

Regards

Ganesh S

==================