New update Sept 15

Guest Flashingblade

Yes I installed the smaller update it then reboots and downloads lollipop 5.1. Although my tablet has downloaded it, I'm currently away and need my tablet working so have not risked installing this yet. Lollipop totally busted my phone when it updated and I had to factory reset afterwards and don't fancy doing that here with a rather limited internet connection so will wait til I'm home. To be honest I'm amazed it even managed to download an update of this size.

Guest AndyH.38

Lollipop installed on my Hudl2 last night. Seems a bit snappier to use, less stuttering than KitKat. Tesco launcher is more or less unchanged, it just has the Lollipop theme about it now. Battery seems to be draining a bit quicker initially, which is a concern.

I'm also rather surprised to find we are getting 5.1. Well done Tescos!

Obviously this is a staged role out, because I'm not seeing the update yet. Does anyone know how long it is likely to be to all devices are seeing the update?

Guest Alien Heads

I'm glad I've blocked updates because I don't want lollipop on my hudl2, I've tried it on several devices & always gone back to kitkat. I can guarantee it will bring problems battery drain being one of them. The fact you don't have something as simple as silent mode is a joke.

My advice would be if you are happy with your hudl2 as it is on kitkat do not update to lollipop because you will soon encounter problems. I'll be sticking with kitkat until something better comes along & lollipop isn't that something, far from it. 

Thanks for letting us know that new things scare you, grandad. Given how fastidious Tesco have been about UX and that it's a single hardware SKU it'll have  had its bum tested off.

Guest Jabbitt

How come I still received the update. Could someone upload the file for me please?

I'm not sure how it's done exactly but i think that to ensure the update servers aren't overloaded only a certain amount of devices are allowed to download the update at any one time. Basically you have to wait your turn.

Guest Alien Heads

Thanks for letting us know that new things scare you, grandad. Given how fastidious Tesco have been about UX and that it's a single hardware SKU it'll have  had its bum tested off.

Far from it I've been testing umpteen different lollipop roms for a while now & not found one i prefer over kitkat.

Guest dennissingh99

I'm not sure how it's done exactly but i think that to ensure the update servers aren't overloaded only a certain amount of devices are allowed to download the update at any one time. Basically you have to wait your turn.

The update .zip may be inside the /cache folder

Guest Flashingblade

Yes it's real! I'm not the sort that posts fake stories on forums! I still have the update pending. Waiting to see if there are any problems before I install. 

Guest dennissingh99

Yes it's real! I'm not the sort that posts fake stories on forums! I still have the update pending. Waiting to see if there are any problems before I install. 

Please do screenshot the process bbecause I really want to see it

Guest Jabbitt

Considering how many people were asking after Lollipop when the Hudl2 first came around, I'm surprised how quiet this thread is? I presume everyone took theirs back due to the charging issue! 

Guest dennissingh99

Considering how many people were asking after Lollipop when the Hudl2 first came around, I'm surprised how quiet this thread is? I presume everyone took theirs back due to the charging issue! 

I reallyreally don't mind the charging issue as long as I get lollipop!!!

Guest dennissingh99

before you update can you copy the update.zip from the cache folder and upload it for us

Its not always caled update.zip but please please please upload it for us. So hyped for android l right now!!!!