New update Sept 15

Guest Flashingblade

Guest warwound

Hi I have the new lollipop update, I downloaded this app but pressing the camera sphere capture causes the app to crash so it looks like it not entirely compatible. 

Thanks for the info.

I wasn't planning to use the Hudl2 camera so that's no problem.

I just wanna use the new StreetView app which it seems is only compatible with lollipop and newer.

anyone got any idea how Tesco are able to update devices on a select few basis? is it being does by allowing certain mac addresses to get the update or something?

whenever ive had any kind of phone or tablet in the past when one person has an update then everyone has it .. very strange goings on here ......

hmmmmmm

If you're really that curious, install fiddler, capture the traffic when you hit check for updates and see what is used to ID the devices.

ed: for the guy with Photo Sphere issues: works fine on my girlfriend's H2.

Edited by djnw

If you're really that curious, install fiddler, capture the traffic when you hit check for updates and see what is used to ID the devices.

ed: for the guy with Photo Sphere issues: works fine on my girlfriend's H2.

Hi djnw, that is strange. The camera just will not work on mine at all it just crashes. The Hudl 2 is strange,  sometimes I think no Hudl is the same...

Guest Linternguy

This damn update needs to hurry up and roll out to all Hudl2 devices. I do not agree with the way some companies only release for a select few first then to everyone else, it would be different if it was a beta test or something along those lines but it isn't.

Guest warwound

This damn update needs to hurry up and roll out to all Hudl2 devices. I do not agree with the way some companies only release for a select few first then to everyone else, it would be different if it was a beta test or something along those lines but it isn't.

Too true.

It's now 10 days since this thread was started and there's no sign of the update for many of us.

Guest dennissingh99

Too true.

It's now 10 days since this thread was started and there's no sign of the update for many of us.

I do agree with you there. I've been looking for the update since I heard of it 10 days ago, and with countless resets, and countless times of mashing the check for updates button. No results whatsoever.

Guest Linternguy

Yeah tapping the update button to see that your device is up to date when it clearly isn't is rather frustrating. One thing I noticed is that this threads title is: New Update September 15. This is odd as the thread was made on the 5th of September.

Guest George Styles

Yeah tapping the update button to see that your device is up to date when it clearly isn't is rather frustrating. One thing I noticed is that this threads title is: New Update September 15. This is odd as the thread was made on the 5th of September.

5 September 2015

:)

Regarding this update - I've just started another thread about the problems I've been having since the Lollipop upgrade. I'm actually wondering if the problems I'm having are widespread and Tesco has withdrawn the update while they look into it.

Guest Linternguy

It has been a few days now and I still don't have the Lollipop update on my Hudl 2. I go by my previous statement that Tescos should of released the update to all at once. I find it really frustrating when companies release updates like this as it is not really fair.

Guest zakirhussain1988

I still haven't received the android lollipop 5.1 update I emailed them this is the response I got from them and about will there be an Hudl 3

Thank you for your email.

The Lollipop 5.1 update is the biggest OS update we have done on hudl2 since the launch of the device last October. We want to make sure that users have the best possible experience and we will be rolling out the update throughout September and October 2015.

Unfortunately I am unable to answer your question as to whether there will be a hudl3 as I simply don't know.

I hope this helps,

Kind regards,

Pam Morris

Technical Advisor
Tesco Tech Support
Tesco Customer Engagement Centre

hope this help guys

Guest George Styles

I feel im getting closer... ive managed to get a successful update response for a old release... i was missing the extra http request headers before...by issueing

curl --header "X-FirstJourney: false"  --header "x-device-class: Hudl 2"  --header "x-device-id: 6F4457DC3F96F0DC4FDEBB980B8BF9A9"  --header "x-firmware-version: rel.android-build.20140924.194555"  --header "x-api-version: 1.7" -k -i https://device.mobile.tesco.com/ota/rel.android-build.20140924.194555

im getting 

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Cache-Control: no-cache
Content-Length: 628
Content-Type: application/json
Server: 
x-api-version: 1.7
x-api-build: 1.7.0.108
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 15:54:53 GMT

{"status":"OK","update":{"url":"https://az655247.vo.msecnd.net/ota-octagon/v1.4.0rc2/hudl2_ota_20140924.194555_v1.1.1rc1-20150529.110309_v1.4.0rc2.zip","name":"20150529.110309","file_md5":"AAA81DD3C361A5DBEAA167A06ADE4920","datetime_released":"20150622.150000","version":"20150529.110309","file_size":"441298944","description":"Latest security patches from Google to keep your hudl protected from known threats. Plus, lots of little bug fixes including a clock update to make sure your device always shows the correct time.","mandatory":"true","terms":"https://devices.tesco.com/legal/hudl/termsv2.html","html_description":""}}

The URL (WHICH IS AN OLD RELEASE) successfully starts to download a 400mb odd file...

Now for a poke around faking serial no's, and/or trying to guess the URL for the new Lolipop rrelease :)

Guest dennissingh99
I feel im getting closer... ive managed to get a successful update response for a old release... i was missing the extra http request headers before...by issueing

curl --header "X-FirstJourney: false"  --header "x-device-class: Hudl 2"  --header "x-device-id: 6F4457DC3F96F0DC4FDEBB980B8BF9A9"  --header "x-firmware-version: rel.android-build.20140924.194555"  --header "x-api-version: 1.7" -k -i https://device.mobile.tesco.com/ota/rel.android-build.20140924.194555
  im getting 
HTTP/1.1 200 OKCache-Control: no-cacheContent-Length: 628Content-Type: application/jsonServer: x-api-version: 1.7x-api-build: 1.7.0.108Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 15:54:53 GMT{"status":"OK","update":{"url":"https://az655247.vo.msecnd.net/ota-octagon/v1.4.0rc2/hudl2_ota_20140924.194555_v1.1.1rc1-20150529.110309_v1.4.0rc2.zip","name":"20150529.110309","file_md5":"AAA81DD3C361A5DBEAA167A06ADE4920","datetime_released":"20150622.150000","version":"20150529.110309","file_size":"441298944","description":"Latest security patches from Google to keep your hudl protected from known threats. Plus, lots of little bug fixes including a clock update to make sure your device always shows the correct time.","mandatory":"true","terms":"https://devices.tesco.com/legal/hudl/termsv2.html","html_description":""}}

The URL (WHICH IS AN OLD RELEASE) successfully starts to download a 400mb odd file...

Now for a poke around faking serial no's, and/or trying to guess the URL for the new Lolipop rrelease :)

That's great news. Please do post us the links again when you are able to find the Lollipop update because I'm still waiting

Guest George Styles

That's great news. Please do post us the links again when you are able to find the Lollipop update because I'm still waiting

right.. ive written a little c# app to try a million random device IDs, and to halt if the response <> 29 bytes (thenull response)..

lets see if tesco ban me for DOS attack, or i get lucky, or neither...  i will update here with outcome...

Although im not sure hwat to do with the update.zip if i do manage to find it :) maybe Paul would know..

Guest dennissingh99
right.. ive written a little c# app to try a million random device IDs, and to halt if the response 29 bytes (thenull response)..

lets see if tesco ban me for DOS attack, or i get lucky, or neither...  i will update here with outcome...

Although im not sure hwat to do with the update.zip if i do manage to find it :) maybe Paul would know..

When you get the update.zip you can post it here and can install it using the tethered recovery

Guest George Styles

I'm going on the basis the first is the only one being released on a limited basis... 

Anyway 4000 device IDs tried and nada. 

Anyone else with visual study fancy a go? Happy to give out source for little app... Needs curl. Exe in run path 

It might not be done on device id too.. Might just be first come first served basis... 

Also a 32 d8git hex number is huge so im not even gonna be able to hit 1 percent of entropy in that number.. Still fun trying tho

Guest George Styles

We might be better off guessing the replacements in the url

https://az655247.vo.msecnd.net/ota-octagon/v1.4.0rc2/hudl2_ota_20140924.194555_v1.1.1rc1-20150529.110309_v1.4.0rc2.zip","name":"20150529.110309","file_md5":"AAA81DD3C361A5DBEAA167A06ADE4920","datetime_released":"20150622.150000","version":"20150529.110309","file_size":"441298944","description":"Latest

If we could get someone who has the update to tell us the build no. (20150?? Etic) there is not a lot left to trial end error... Assuming th3y are using th3 same cdn 

All we need is someone with lollipop to do about tablet in options and post the build number value.. Its possible a screenshot on the forum already has that... Anyone want to check? 

G

Tesco have previously released OTA updates for very short periods and then 'for their own reasons' taken them offline, therefore if that is the case in this instance, your method although sound would more likely appear to fail i.e.if the update has been taken offline (likely) you ain't going to be able to download it until they re-enable that specific update.

All we need is someone with lollipop to do about tablet in options and post the build number value.. Its possible a screenshot on the forum already has that... Anyone want to check? 

G

The full string says:

LMY471.rel.android-build.20150827.164056 release-keys