Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 stock ROMs, OTAs, and recoveries

Guest KonstaT

Guest yomarshmellow

Hey everyone, I noticed that ALL of the ZTE Firmware download links are down and come up with a 404 on my end. Is it only for me?

ROM: http://download.ztedevice.com/device/global/support/product/643/5865/sd/2016041213291898.zip
Recovery: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24591000424952139
OTA (UK_MR02b -> UK07b): n/a - mirror thanks to Grah

ro.build.display.id=VDF-995NB01-UK07b
ro.build.version.release=5.1.1
ro.build.date=Thu Mar 10 12:13:39 CST 2016
ro.build.zte_prj_name=P839V55_UK
ro.build.sw_internal_version=UK_MR3_VDF_P839V55V3.0.0B01

Can someone also provide me with this firmware file?  I'll need it to downgrade my device to Lollipop so I can root it and install MIUI 7 on the device.

Thanks ?

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/7/2018 at 5:00 PM, yomarshmellow said:

Hey everyone, I noticed that ALL of the ZTE Firmware download links are down and come up with a 404 on my end. Is it only for me?

Can someone also provide me with this firmware file?  I'll need it to downgrade my device to Lollipop so I can root it and install MIUI 7 on the device.

Thanks ?

Did you ever manage to donwgrade or root and install a new rom? I'm in the same boat as you, on 6.0.1 and unable to root or downgrade

Guest yomarshmellow

15 minutes ago, tcpaulh said:

Did you ever manage to donwgrade or root and install a new rom? I'm in the same boat as you, on 6.0.1 and unable to root or downgrade

Yes actually, I used the firmware file that I asked for to downgrade by the adb sideload method. Then once downgraded I used KingRoot to get root access and then installed unofficial twrp recovery with a flashing app which you can install from playstore. (in my case I used a terminal emulator.)

After that, I looked on google for custom roms I can download and use on this phone. I found an unofficial build of Lineage 14.1, flashed it and everything worked perfectly, however it was a tad slower than stock rom and I did notice that the phone was getting hotter as the battery drains faster.

At some point I had to revert everything to stock because I had to give the phone away. But now I have the phone back..... only to see 404. :/

Guest yomarshmellow
2 minutes ago, tcpaulh said:

2015072214222958.zip is at 

... not sure if the same result can be achieved with this?

Thanks! Sorry for not noticing your replying earlier. This ROM should work. Tomorrow I will root my phone once again and install the MIUI 7 rom. I heard it pretty stable for normal use. ??

1 hour ago, yomarshmellow said:

Thanks! Sorry for not noticing your replying earlier. This ROM should work. Tomorrow I will root my phone once again and install the MIUI 7 rom. I heard it pretty stable for normal use. ??

I'm new to this device. If you successfully downgrade and root is achieved could you give a quick 'how to' on the downgrade process including whether any ota updates were allowed to happen etc?

I'm planning on trying los14.1 and it would be good to upgrade to the latest rootable version via ota patches so that modem files etc are at newest possible versions before installing lineage

Cheers

Guest yomarshmellow
On 9/30/2018 at 11:41 PM, tcpaulh said:

I'm new to this device. If you successfully downgrade and root is achieved could you give a quick 'how to' on the downgrade process including whether any ota updates were allowed to happen etc?

I'm planning on trying los14.1 and it would be good to upgrade to the latest rootable version via ota patches so that modem files etc are at newest possible versions before installing lineage

Cheers

I have finally downgraded, rooted and installed TWRP along with a custom ROM on my device which is now running MIUI 7. I have made a tutorial on XDA, so please visit it over there. Unfortunately the stock ROM that you have mentioned did not work upon the side loading method. It came up with status 7 saying that this is for a different model of the phone. But I did find a Romanian ROM which worked perfectly and that allowed me to root my phone once again. 

Link to guide: https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/easy-guide-how-to-downgrade-root-t3849525

I hope i helped all of you. ?

• 9 months later...
Guest Karintech89

If none of the oficial ZTE link for stock rom works you might need to cross out the links or re-upload them in another server otherwise this topic is worthless.

Edited by Karintech89

• 5 weeks later...
Guest reeprich

Hello, Im looking for firmware with Czech language - the only I can find has some english and turkish languages ... :((

All other links like ztedevices.com are down :((

Thank you

• 10 months later...