Android 5.1 has destroyed my Hudl

Guest Mirrorman

Guest Mirrorman

Since I upgraded my Hudl to Android 5.1 on 1st September it has rendered a lot of my apps unusable. I cannot longer opening my e-mail on either the built in e-mail app or GMail app both come up with the error message "Unfortunately email has stopped or Unfortunately GMail has stopped. Also each time I reboot the Hudl on logging in I get the error "Unfortunately google newsstand has stopped and the same message on some apps as well.

Fixes already attempted

For email I have tried removing and adding the accounts not easy as get the message each time attempting to

I have cleared the cache and disable HW Overlays as referenced in Pgaunt thread http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/375859-problem-with-android-51-lollipop/

Short of trying a factory reset which I would rather not do I am running out of ideas is there any way to recovery back to the previous version? My Hudl is not rooted and has standard configuration. I posted the same question to Tesco who were not able to help.

Lollipop makes huge changes in the way apps run, you need to go into the play store and let it update all if your apps. I would also recommend booting into recovery by holding volume up as you power up, use the volume keys to navigate and power button to select. Clear the cache in here. If all of this fails then you have no option but to back up your data and then factory reset. When you sign into your Google account your apps will download again, but you will lose things like any progress in games etc.

Guest arnookie

Big changes in lollipop means you need to update all apps through play store. If that fails you will have to factory reset. I always fine wiping data and cache in all apps normally gets around a factory reset though.

Unfair to say the update has destroyed your hudl 2 though!

• 1 year later...

Hi

I am also finding it difficult to update the hudl2.  I have tried all the solutions several times and done both hardware and software resets to factory.

The error message the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped is constantly on the screen so you have a tiny opportunity to click ok for it to go so you can navigate to try the solutions.  Can you stop the messages so you can attempt the solution?

Since writing the comment above I have had success.  This was achieved by making sure I was logged into google before the error messages came.  When they then started i was able to start updating the apps and regularly wiped the cashe as I went through. It did drop the wifi a couple of times and I didn't start till I had a full battery and the charger plugged in as well.

I did not think I was ever going to sort it out it took from Saturday to Thursday - attempting all the fixes suggested on the web at least once a day.

Feeling very pleased.

• 1 month later...