SlimROM 5.1.1 featuring MourtaKernel Hybrid [2016-03-24]

Guest Mourta

Guest Mourta

So, here's the awaited SlimROM LP 5.1.1

There are a few things to say on this ROM:

1. It's beta so there will be issues but it seems rather stable for the most part.

2. Root is disabled by default so go to settings|about, click the version number however many times it's needed to get developer options working then go to developer options and enable Root access for apps or adb or both.

3. For some reason the LCD Density isn't read properly from build.prop so you'll have to set it manually to 320 in settings|screen|LCD Density.

4. Disable wake on lift in settings|screen because it works so randomly and is so quirky that it's useless.

5. Fix audio problems by going to settings|development options and enable "use Awesomeplayer".

What's new:

2015-10-05:

Smartdimmer is back and is now found under settings|screen|livedisplay|Reduce Power Consumption, it's enabled by default.

Intelliplug 4.0 with full support for profiles, the default profile is set to ECO-performance

We're back to fixed regulators and the regulators are now fully upgraded to 3.10

Loads up updates, upgrades and 3.10 code is in there already, more to come.

Nswap, Fswap and Zswap backported and implemented with the whole feature set.

This is optimized code, built with the UBERTC toolchain using 4.9 for the ROM and 5.2 for the kernel. ArchiDroid4.1 patchset is applied and i've set the -hardfp flag.

2015-10-07:

Fixup for panel in the kernel.

Fixup for Smartdimmer.

Fixup for strange audio behaviour.

Return of the notification led (button backlight) from KK4.4, you can turn it off in settings|sound and notifications|battery lights/notification lights

Update to 0.9-beta.

2015-10-30:

Fixup for audio suspend problem.

Update to 0.10-beta.

To set the profiles in hotplug i suggest the use of kernel adiutor (no, i did not misspell that, it's how they spell the name of the app) and this will come in handy later as we move to powersuspend with 3.10 (earlysuspend is necessarily going away and while powersuspend isn't necessary it's a nice addition that will be implemented) since this app also has functions to control powersuspend hooks. IOW, if you're going to follow my ROM's/Kernel you'll want to get acquainted with this app.

Themeing:

1. SlimLauncher has some options that some may want to use, you can for example set drawer and folder backgrounds including transparency.

2. Use Layers and whatever theme you like, i used to use Timberwolf which was nice.

Installation:

1. Factory reset (may not be necessary but forget about bug reporting if you don't)

2. Install

Downloads:

2015-10-05:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/djfrpliiw7qqcdm/Slim-p880-5.1.1.beta.0.8-UNOFFICIAL-20151005-0140.zip

2015-10-07:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/irfycnlf1zndrvz/Slim-p880-5.1.1.beta.0.9-UNOFFICIAL-20151007-0234.zip

2015-10-30:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2dyt7cm6izem0y2/Slim-p880-5.1.1.beta.0.10-UNOFFICIAL-20151026-0840.zip

Kernel update, breaks SlimLauncher, use Google Now Launcher for now:

2016-03-24

http://www.mediafire.com/download/aqdd8akhw6l88jq/boot-03-08-2016.img

Gapps:

I use banks gapps from: 

http://download.dirtyunicorns.com/files/gapps/banks_gapps/

Source (the branch is always slim-lp5.1):

Kernel: https://bitbucket.org/mourta/mourta-kernel-3.4

Device tree: https://bitbucket.org/mourta/android_device_lge_p880

Vendor: https://bitbucket.org/mourta/proprietary_vendor_lge

Edited by Mourta

Guest Mourta

I also suggest you disable "Lift to wake" in display options for obvious reasons.

What are you talking about, it's an awesome option that has helped me do my first pocket dial since i had a phone with actual buttons on it. :D

I'll amend the OP.

Guest NothingSerious

What are you talking about, it's an awesome option that has helped me do my first pocket dial since i had a phone with actual buttons on it. :D

I'll amend the OP.

pls, it's way too sensitive to be honest.

...Or my device is getting too old, either way.

Guest Mourta

pls, it's way too sensitive to be honest.

...Or my device is getting too old, either way.

It's not only too sensitive, it also not sensitive enough at times. 

It needs to be changed to off by default but that would mean that i would have to review java code and that's just not going to happen. ;)

Guest moneyvirus

Really nice work people its smooth and the most things are working propperly just 1 annoying thing every couple minuts i hear a click from the speaker, quite loud then its silent again, dunno how to cache it in a log

Guest Mourta

Really nice work people its smooth and the most things are working propperly just 1 annoying thing every couple minuts i hear a click from the speaker, quite loud then its silent again, dunno how to cache it in a log

Yeah, that tick is a feature. ;)

Or actually, i have no idea why it's doing that but i think it's related to cpwatcher, i think i've seen this problem before.

This is fastest 5.1.1 rom I've ever seen, thank you for great work but after install at first reboot phone stucked LG logo. I think maybe its because of me, during installation apps from market, one app can't install, its looks like installing but nothing happened about 10 min. and I decide to reboot. Than phone stucked. 

Guest NothingSerious

This is fastest 5.1.1 rom I've ever seen, thank you for great work but after install at first reboot phone stucked LG logo. I think maybe its because of me, during installation apps from market, one app can't install, its looks like installing but nothing happened about 10 min. and I decide to reboot. Than phone stucked. 

Actually the LG logo thing is a long-term bug(which has been recently fixed in the experimental ver I believe), keep rebooting your phone until it boots(usually 4-5 times).

Guest Mourta

Actually the LG logo thing is a long-term bug(which has been recently fixed in the experimental ver I believe), keep rebooting your phone until it boots(usually 4-5 times).

This should not happen now that the regulators are fully upgraded. It still does sometimes because the bridge sticks, i'm considering removing the RGB bridge all together in a future version.

The only reason the new code in experimental works is because it ignores the bridge when fb is set.

Hello!

First, congrats to the hard job you guys have been doing on this phone!

I have a small question: does Poweramp and MX player works well on this new ROM?

Thanks in advance

Guest Mourta

Hello!

First, congrats to the hard job you guys have been doing on this phone!

I have a small question: does Poweramp and MX player works well on this new ROM?

Thanks in advance

Yes, they work fine. 

The problem with MX and Poweramp was specific to Liquid KK when using GCC 4.9 and ArchiDroid optimizations, it's been gone for quite a while.

Guest juantech

the rom its fast but the mhl continues not working, i did a log and says the same than before in liquid smooth: writing entropy... error opening app, invalid parameter app.

i cant post the log image now why i cant convert it in a link now, but if its.necessary later i will post it sorry.

please i need to know if this will be solved or not, the mhl its very important for me.

Edited by juantech

Guest Mourta

the rom its fast but the mhl continues not working, i did a log and says the same than before in liquid smooth: writing entropy... error opening app, invalid parameter app.

i cant post the log image now why i cant convert it in a link now, but if its.necessary later i will post it sorry.

please i need to know if this will be solved or not, the mhl its very important for me.

It might be if i had more information. ;)

I'm mainly working in the blind with this issue since i have no opportunity to test it myself so it is vital that i get the logs on it.

I'm moving towards removing all support for the rgb bridge though which means that i'm rewriting a lot of the code for HDMI too so it would be nice if you could produce a log before i'm done with that.

I'll be off by Friday and i don't know how many days after the weekend i'll be gone but it looks like most of next week.

Guest Mourta

hmm weird i have 99% RILJ wakelock phone doens't go in deepsleep

That has to be an external error since it deep sleeps just fine for both me and the testing crew.

Guest juantech

Thanks for your answer mourta, here is the log:

m7khr3b5.pngnlzp8gec.png3cvye3pd.png

3qk3whtb.png

if you need some more, or if the log its incomplete no doubt of say me, if you fix the mhl you will be me hero, have this peace of master genius work with mhl would be the thing what i allways dreamed in a phone.

Edited by juantech

After installing, obviously doing a factory reset, I saw a strange behaviour on audio: Settings/Audio and notifications sometimes force closes, or takes a while to open. Second time I installed ROM, I was not able to choose ringtone or notification sounds (it shows "none").

When trying to change volume, the launcher freezes a bit, a force-close popup shows and volume changes.

I am using 0.9 SlimLP version with TK's Pico gapps (just Playstore and Playservices).

I pulled a log, so I hope that it could be useful.

Edit: no ringtone when someone calls me. Same behaviour on 0.8 version.

2015-10-12_18.24.zip

Edited by Guest
Additional information

After installing, obviously doing a factory reset, I saw a strange behaviour on audio: Settings/Audio and notifications sometimes force closes, or takes a while to open. Second time I installed ROM, I was not able to choose ringtone or notification sounds (it shows "none").

When trying to change volume, the launcher freezes a bit, a force-close popup shows and volume changes.

I am using 0.9 SlimLP version with TK's Pico gapps (just Playstore and Playservices).

I pulled a log, so I hope that it could be useful.

Edit: no ringtone when someone calls me. Same behaviour on 0.8 version.

2015-10-12_18.24.zip

I'm not having these problems and i'm not getting any mediaserver crashes at all, in fact out of all the crashes i've reviewed during the entire time i have tried this and the testing crew has tested it that has NEVER been a problem.

You haven't done something weird like trying to install SRSWOW or any other audio components or management, right?

I'm not having these problems and i'm not getting any mediaserver crashes at all, in fact out of all the crashes i've reviewed during the entire time i have tried this and the testing crew has tested it that has NEVER been a problem.

You haven't done something weird like trying to install SRSWOW or any other audio components or management, right?

No sir! Just your ROM. I tried it without gapps too, same result!

Or maybe it's just an old phone, with dust under screen, claiming to be recycled! Lol

I'm responding to this as my phone alerted me with the sound alert.

I was called earlier today and my phone rang then.

Did you wait until full downtime and then try it?

Full downtime is at the point where your phone can go to sleep.

It should be noted that if you had another kernel installed Google photo may take a long time to complete syncing so it may take quite a while to reach full downtime.

Google photo is s*** right now which is why it's updated three times a week.

Guest NothingSerious

It should be noted that if you had another kernel installed Google photo may take a long time to complete syncing so it may take quite a while to reach full downtime.

Google photo is s*** right now which is why it's updated three times a week.

"s***" is an understatement.