SlimROM 5.1.1 featuring MourtaKernel Hybrid [2016-03-24]

Guest Mourta

On 2015-12-07 at 4:18 AM, Komodoketavaran said:

Just wait. I think Mourta will provide us the update when he's sure that the kernel is fine

I've been deployed but i will ask the testing team to release the last version.

More to come, i was nearly done upgrading to 3.10 so be patient. It has some really cool stuff, mainly the ability to track corrent. 

11 hours ago, Mourta said:

I've been deployed but i will ask the testing team to release the last version.

More to come, i was nearly done upgrading to 3.10 so be patient. It has some really cool stuff, mainly the ability to track corrent.

Awesome!

Will the next version be fully kernel version 3.10? And I can't find anything about track corrent. What is it?

Also, could you include this commit (here's the one for CM that got refused) for microG GmsCore support?

On 2015-12-09 at 6:56 PM, Decay3 said:

Awesome!

Will the next version be fully kernel version 3.10? And I can't find anything about track corrent. What is it?

Also, could you include this commit (here's the one for CM that got refused) for microG GmsCore support?

That is for the ROM and i've reviewed that project, i'll happily support it in anyway i can and i ask everyone else to do the same.

It's a good project and a needed one since google has gone the way of including actual spyware in their code as of late.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2015 at 4:33 AM, Mourta said:

That is for the ROM and i've reviewed that project, i'll happily support it in anyway i can and i ask everyone else to do the same.

It's a good project and a needed one since google has gone the way of including actual spyware in their code as of late.

Awesome! And my other questions?

Can we expect another build that's not vulnerable to CVE-2015-6616 and CVE-2015-6608 anytime soon? (Last build is, tested with VTS for Android)

Guest NothingSerious
On 1/1/2016 at 1:40 AM, Komodoketavaran said:

@Mourta did you asked testing Team if they would publish new version for us ?

He didn't, yet.

Guest NothingSerious
On 3/1/2016 at 8:36 PM, Decay3 said:

NothingSerious, could you tell us anything about the progress being made recently?

I do believe that there is a 3.10 kernel ready and a working version of Android M. Can't confirm these 100% as nothing has been sent into testing so I suggest that you wait for a better answer from Mourta instead.

Edit: In other news, the latest testing ver has an uptime of 1100 hours right now.

Edit2: After the M release which is gonna be soon™, Mourta will revert to KK as that's the best performing version for this device. I'll be probably handling the M stuff after the initial release.

Edited by NothingSerious

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to install the latest version of this ROM. However, I can't install Banks GApps from TWRP. I get an error saying:

set_perm: some changes failed
E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/BaNkS-Dynamic-GApps-5.x.x-10-20-15.zip'
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/BaNkS-Dynamic-GApps-5.x.x-10-20-15.zip'
Updating partition details...
...done

I'll try with some other GApps.

EDIT 1:
Ok, fixed with OpenGapps.
Another problem is that if I mute a phone call my device reboots, I'll try to post a log.

EDIT 2:
Additional info: no deep sleep till now for me. It uses all frequencies but deep sleep.

EDIT 3:
Ok, solved the deep sleep problem, the ROM probably takes some while to settle up, and now deep sleep works, it seems, but the mute problem still remains.

Edited by Alogim
added explanation

Guest juantech

In my case if i change the song from another from the phone when the people calls me, the phone reboots, this would can be related.

I will post too a log if the developers need it.

And... Mourta come!!! we need you!!! xD

Edited by juantech

17 hours ago, juantech said:

In my case if i change the song from another from the phone when the people calls me, the phone reboots, this would can be related.

I will post too a log if the developers need it.

And... Mourta come!!! we need you!!! xD

I have a lot of things going on, deaths, birthdays and someone in the hospital.

I'll fix it when i have the time or someone else will, the code is published (apart from 3.10 because i can't reach my server from here) and there is a lot of new stuff, as soon as i can send it to bitbucket someone will publish it and you'll have an entirely new set of issues to deal with. 

I'm really badword done right now, i'll be back but at this point i'm going to be with family and friends. This isn't my job, i have a great uptime on my ROM's, better than any other including stock which should count for something but there will be issues.

Now i can fix those when i have the time but when i have the time i'm sending 3.10 and a standard patch (which should work on any version up to 3.19 without much editing, i removed all irrelevant code that isn't even used by our phone, that alone took over 150 hours) and a working tree for M upstream for others to handle.

Nothing will handle that stuff and i'll do the kernel work with input from Giuseppe and return to 4.4 which is the last known good but it's going to be with a twist, i grew tired of the idiotic fixes so i rewrote stagefright instead and it can be patched up and compiled as is with the latest drivers for Nvidia OpenGL.

It's going to be quirky for a while, this is the new s***.

Guest juantech
5 hours ago, Mourta said:

I have a lot of things going on, deaths, birthdays and someone in the hospital.

i pity on the sentiment.

I'm really badword done right now, i'll be back but at this point i'm going to be with family and friends. 

Ok, i understand, i will be here waiting then :)

I'll fix it when i have the time or someone else will.

sincerely for me the only thing what i want its the MHL, would can you send me the MHL version of 5.1 what you created? its what i would use it much :) the other things for me works perfect, the thing of before its only a minor bug.

If you would can, of course.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2016-01-20 at 4:01 AM, Mayazcherquoi said:

I love C, I don't mind C++, and I hate (but know) Java :-)

Everyone hates Java.

I'm going to ask the others what they think but the final decision is mine.

Mostly needed is basic fixing of some code, i've fixed most of the power code up to work with 3.10 but there are still issues that i'm noting, i could really use someone well versed in C to catch my slack on these issues and it's novel programming bringing old code up to date, as i figure it we need to move to a new stardard for video to make this work and i've been using LVSD instead of RGB controls for DC with some success, it doesn't work perfectly and needs adjustments in specific code for our phone.

So if you are willing to take a shot at improving this code to make it more suitable as it is at this point a general driver that works but doesn't work perfectly with our device then i will give you access to the hidden repos.

I'll get back to you in PM.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2016-02-13 at 6:11 PM, pouriajamali said:

Hi..

Any news about kk rom or m??

KK is going to be released soon and M will be released in another thread, look for it.

With new code we got the best of both worlds, all stock where it's needed and all performance on everything else.

NothingSerious will probably release his own version (since i think it's fairly futile to keep upgrading something that is no more functional than 4.4 and isn't at all suitable for our device) and i will probably release one of M too just to show proof of concept for him and other devs.

For me it will probably be Vanir with some additions for KK and VanirAOSP for M since that is what i like at the moment, i will provide exact instructions on how to compile this though so whatever ROM you want should be available, the main thing is new video which won't work with most ROM's yet.

New testing kernel has been sent to testing crew.

We're now fully implementing sync, it shouldn't take much time to pass this since i've been running it myself for three days without issues.

Regarding Android M, i'm not going to put much focus on it because it doesn't work properly and i haven't found a single feature that i would really want with it.

I'm going back to KK while helping NothingSerious develop his M version if he wants that, i've spent too much time fixing crap to make it just about as horrible as LP has been. I wouldn't run M on a phone without at least 2GB of memory.

Expect a KK release with new kernel that has full system wide sync including the 3.10 host sync.

Guest Mayazcherquoi
On 25/02/2016 at 11:25 AM, Mourta said:

i haven't found a single feature that i would really want with it.

The new permission system? The power optimisations?

6 hours ago, Mayazcherquoi said:

Neither are interesting in any way and the constant swapping removes any form of power optimization even with the new memory handling, we're running compression algorithms as soon as we start using the phone. The new "optimizations" are like the "memory optimizations" for KitKat, it's kernel side improvements.

Compared to LP it's a step forward but both LP and M have to be hacked together to even work.

Of course, if people want to use it, it's up to them. I'll make one version and Nothing will take it from there.

However, i won't spend more time on it than that, it's not something i'll be using so there is no reason to develop for it, besides, i have a LOT of code on stand still on the kernel side because of this crap.

13 hours ago, Mayazcherquoi said:

So i got a bit curious on the subject and reviewed the code and what i can say is that the new permission system seems to be a very bad idea, it restricts how you are allowed to store things on your phone and it's not really protecting anything since you can just as easily push to data/media if you want to backdoor into someones phone, there is absolutely no addition of security that i could find.

When it comes to the power optimizations it's basically faster art and that part i will be backporting to KK anyway, it's too easy not to do it because it is better code and it uses less memory so that is a given, my KK won't be a standard ROM, it will be a collection of parts i and others like along with some upgraded parts, NothingS suggested the new ART being used half a year ago for KK so that is a given.

The other power optimizations are on stock rom Kernels using a a new form of min-max configuration on 8974 which has fixed regulators, i implemented that change two weeks after i released the kernel. To make full use of it i'm shipping the next iteration of the kernel with intellimm.

Note that fixed regulators can still be trimmed to scale via EDP though so the testing that is ongoing is whether that is a good idea or not. When upgrading to the new versions of hotplug, platsmp, all timers, smp and EDP i found that the new code makes a hell of a difference but that we are not really using EDP in our kernel and it may be a better idea to leave that for the future.

So far i've got 3.10 to boot, display video and things like radio and ... well everything works except for deep sleep, the thing is that i've just resolved that by backporting the vsync code from 3.10 to 3.4, all it really takes is actually using the lvds2dsi and just set our GPIO PIN operations to lvds, our regulators support this as well and so does vddio for both our display and hdmi.

That way we can get rid of the age old ssd2825, adapt our panel file to the last known stable for T30 and apply all updates. The thing is 3.10 is very special because at that point android moved from specific to standard Linux, this means we can use any patchset on any kernel after 3.10 but we will have to implement code to use new functions.