Hudl 2 getting stuck whilst booting up

Guest Hanarchy

Guest Hanarchy

Hey guys.

I'm brand new here so I sincerely apologize if this question has in fact been posted before.

I've had my Tesco Hudl for about half a year now and had no problems with it until the system update got installed about a week or two ago (is that the lollipop update?).

Last night I was just on Youtube watching some videos on my Hudl and it just suddenly rebooted itself. Whilst it was trying to come back on it got stuck on the load up screen that says Hudl and has the star. This happens every time I try to turn it on. It just gets stuck on the Hudl screen with the star fading in and out forever.

I tried wiping the cache partition. That didn't work.

Thing is, I've got some very important stuff saved on that tablet and I'm reluctant to restore to factory settings as I don't want to lose all my data.

I was just wondering if there's any way of fixing this problem where I could keep my files and data. Even if I have to transfer data to my PC then put it back on the Hudl when it's fixed (I dont know if that's possible though)

If there is no way of keeping my stuff, I would appreciate just knowing how to fix the damn thing. It's driving me nuts!

I'm sorry if this question seems a bit stupid to you guys, I really don't know much about this stuff at all.

Thanks in advance.

Hannah.

Guest CPN200

Hi Hannah, how long did it "get stuck" for? Or in other words, how long did you leave it? Mine did the same thing the other night and I just left it like that (with the charger plugged in) and after about 30 mins, the home screen suddenly appeared and it all started working as if nothing had happened...

Guest speakeasy

Hi Hannah, how long did it "get stuck" for? Or in other words, how long did you leave it? Mine did the same thing the other night and I just left it like that (with the charger plugged in) and after about 30 mins, the home screen suddenly appeared and it all started working as if nothing had happened...

Snap - same thing happened to me last night!

Guest Hanarchy

I've tried turning it on many times but haven't tried leaving it for longer than say 15 minutes or so. I will try leaving it for a bit longer next time.

Thanks. I'll let you know if it works or not!

Guest Jerri1240

New also. Found this whilst googling the same issue. 

Hudl 2 has worked perfectly the last week then updated to lollipop. All fine for a few days then yesterday I picked it up and it was completed dead (I'd taken it of charge the night before so it went from 100% to dead in 10 hours with zero use and no apps running in the back ground).

Then it wouldn't come back on. I reset it in the end. 

Now whenever I switch it on it hangs on the Hudl screen for around three minutes and the battery is atrocious. It was on charge whilst I reset it last night. Took it of when it was 100%. And now 16 hours later it's down to 20% again with zero use and no apps open in the background. 

Having just read the forum it seems a factory reset sorts the issues but I've done two now and no change. Battery still drains like crazy and it still takes a few minutes to boot. 

Took ok it of charge before. It's lost 2% battery in minutes whilst being switched of and says 24 hours left. Before this I was getting 5 days standby. 

Edited by Jerri1240