5.1 and Ingress

Guest ZeroGravitas

Guest ZeroGravitas

Since updating to 5.1, I haven't been able to log in to Ingress. The app starts but never asks for Google App Engine access permission, so it never fully loads. I called tech support and spoke to a guy who took me through the usual steps (reinstalling webview updates and reformatting the cache partition in the bootloader) which didn't work. He spoke to the devs who were able to replicate the problem and said they would look at it and try to get a fix in to the next patch, due in a few weeks. I did say that if I had the full 4.X image I could flash it but he neatly avoided saying yes/no!

If anyone else is experiencing this, a few more calls might help them up the priority a bit...

Edited by ZeroGravitas

Guest Fishlex

I have exactly the same issue with Ingress which is a pain as I play it daily. Not anymore since the 5.1 update though. Glad to hear there is a fix on the way though, thanks for letting us know.

• 2 months later...
Guest gazzat5

I also have this problem with my hudl2 running 5.1

Ingress has even been updated several times but it just doesn't start.

I get the spinning logo and it pulls the location but no request for google permissions.
and spinning logo ad-inifinitum.

• 2 months later...
Guest MisterRockets

Tesco say as it's not "one of their apps" to go to the developer with the issue. I'm sure Google/Niantic will be delighted with that...

Have done all the usual delete data, delete cache, uninstalled and reinstalled Ingress etc. but to no avail.

When launched, it just hangs on the spinning logo screen ad nauseum.

Several Ingress updates latet and still no joy :(

Does anyone have any idea how to resolve this please?