Downgrading Hudl2 to KitKat?

Guest trellis

Guest trellis

Hi all. I'm new here, so please be gentle with me!

I updated my Huld 2 to Lollipop last week, and I'm now regretting doing so. Is it possible to re-flash the Hudl 2 back to KitKat?

I don't want to root it or anything, just re-flash it with the stock firmware.

Thanks in advance!

Guest vampirefo
Hi all. I'm new here, so please be gentle with me!

I updated my Huld 2 to Lollipop last week, and I'm now regretting doing so. Is it possible to re-flash the Hudl 2 back to KitKat?

I don't want to root it or anything, just re-flash it with the stock firmware.

Thanks in advance!

Such a downgrade isn't possible with your device, to do such a downgrade you would need a complete set of factory files.

You would need to repartition your internal storage, data, system, cache, sdcard to kitkat compatible, which does you no good seeing you don't have the files and bootloader for kitkat to flash back once you have partitioned your internal space for kitkat.

Guest vampirefo
Thanks, I feared that would be the case. 

Would it help if I had a second Hudl 2 still running KitKat? 

Makes no difference if you had 12 of them, you still don't have full factory files, that are required to downgrade, you are stuck with 5.1.

Guest enjoliveur

Does that mean that if you make a complete backup with nandroid or titanium you can't restore it once updated to lollipop?

Even though they both claim to backup everything

Guest enjoliveur

OK I read on a little bit ...

Seems indeed that you can't. The most comprehensible reason being that the partion sizes differ between kitkat and lollipop.

Although it ought to be possible to restore the partition table as a part of the restore