PSA: Looking to import a Note 5 to the UK? Make sure you get the right model!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Samsung in their infinite wisdom have decided that in the UK we don't deserve a Note 5. I know right? Outrageous! This means that long-standing Note fans (and I know there are plenty of them on our fair isle) are forced to import a device. To make matters worse, it's not immediately clear which models best support UK LTE bands. Fear not, we are here to help!

The key bands for the UK are bands 3, 7 and 20. Bands 3 and 7 are generally supported by everything, but band 20 support is harder to find on devices. It's used by Vodafone, O2 and now Three too for their '800MHz VoLTE' service.

The mostly commonly offered import Note 5 is the N920I. This does not include Band 20. This is fine on EE, but you are much better off grabbing a N920C, which does include band 20. On good old eBay, both are selling for about the same price (~£470), so choosing the latter seems like a no-brainer.

Have you imported a Note 5? Let us know how you got on!

note5ebat.thumb.jpg.0a4ac73b787a4a1f250c

View full item

Guest The Soup Thief

Well, that Padsell deal looks suspiciously cheap. Just under £200 for a Note 5? Free delivery too, you say? Really? 

Edited by The Soup Thief

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.