[ROM][6.0][ALL] CyanogenMod 13 [18/12/2016]

Guest chil360

Guest anotherjib
On 11/30/2016 at 0:52 PM, adeii said:

overwrite Slim6's files with CM13's: system/bin/netmgrd ;  system/bin/radiooptions ;   system/bin/rild

system/lib/libreference-ril.so ;     system/lib/libril.so

Did it, but unfortunately twrp just says "error flashing zip" without any further explanations and exits. I am doing unzipping/overwriting in windows, could it be because of that? Maybe windows exchanges capitals and lowercases in filenames somehow??

Btw netmgrd and libreference-ril.so were identical. Also, there are some other files in system/lib with names involving "ril", could they also be needed? 

i got the G510, i installed your Cyanogenmod, then i installed Gaps (ARM, 6, Pico) but my keyboard keeps crashing, altho i have the correct gaps

When i go to /system/lib There is no lib onhly bin

Edited by Araero

Guest Trapezio
13 hours ago, Araero said:

i got the G510, i installed your Cyanogenmod, then i installed Gaps (ARM, 6, Pico) but my keyboard keeps crashing, altho i have the correct gaps

- Connect your phone to the computer. (Make sure USB debugging is enabled on your phone)
- Open Terminal in your PC
- Type this:
adb shell
su
mount -o rw,remount,rw /system
rm -r /system/lib/libjni_latinimegoogle.so
mount -o ro,remount,ro /system
exit

Edited by Trapezio

Guest anotherjib
On 12/5/2016 at 10:37 PM, Araero said:

On 12/6/2016 at 0:21 PM, Trapezio said:

- Connect your phone to the computer. (Make sure USB debugging is enabled on your phone)
- Open Terminal in your PC
- Type this:
adb shell
su
mount -o rw,remount,rw /system
rm -r /system/lib/libjni_latinimegoogle.so
mount -o ro,remount,ro /system
exit

Either this, or flash https://www.dropbox.com/s/0oubnxcplssfab7/cm13-fix-keyboard.zip along

On ponedeljak, 05. decembar 2016. at 6:13 PM, anotherjib said:

Did it, but unfortunately twrp just says "error flashing zip" without any further explanations and exits. I am doing unzipping/overwriting in windows, could it be because of that? Maybe windows exchanges capitals and lowercases in filenames somehow??

Btw netmgrd and libreference-ril.so were identical. Also, there are some other files in system/lib with names involving "ril", could they also be needed?

I do not know for other files. Have to turn off MD5 hash check or some security in build.prop can be turn off?

Guest anotherjib
22 hours ago, adeii said:

I do not know for other files. Have to turn off MD5 hash check or some security in build.prop can be turn off?

MD5 check seems to be turned off - when I flash other stuff it just says no md5 present and continues successfully.

Here are some extracts from build.prop, could you suggest which one is it sensible to modify and how?

Stuff present in the build.prop of cm and absent in build.prop of slim:

persist.sys.dun.override=0
ro.cm.build.version.plat.sdk=6
ro.cm.build.version.plat.rev=0

persist.sys.root_access=0

Stuff absent in the build.prop of cm and present in build.prop of slim:

dalvik.vm.debug.alloc=0

Some other stuff in the slim build.prop which might be relevant:

# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
ro.build.version.security_patch=2016-11-05
ro.build.type=userdebug
ro.build.flavor=slim_u8833-userdebug
ro.build.characteristics=default

ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-google
keyguard.no_require_sim=true
ro.url.legal=http://www.google.com/intl/%s/mobile/android/basic/phone-legal.html
ro.url.legal.android_privacy=http://www.google.com/intl/%s/mobile/android/basic/privacy.html
ro.com.android.wifi-watchlist=GoogleGuest
ro.build.selinux=1
dalvik.vm.debug.alloc=0
com.qc.hardware=true
ril.subscription.types=NV,RUIM
rild.libargs=-d/dev/smd0
ro.telephony.call_ring.multiple=false
ro.vold.umsdirtyratio=30
ro.config.low_ram=true
config.disable_atlas=true
persist.sys.force_highendgfx=true
dalvik.vm.dex2oat-filter=balanced
dalvik.vm.dex2oat-flags=--no-watch-dog
dalvik.vm.image-dex2oat-filter=speed
dalvik.vm.dex2oat-swap=false
rild.libpath=/system/lib/libril-qc-qmi-1.so
ro.ril.hsxpa=1
ro.ril.gprsclass=10
ro.adb.qemud=1

Guest creeper19

I have a problem, I do not know if it happens to anyone else.
Is that when I flash the rom and I'm going to put my gmail account, the phone reboots and goes into a reboot loop, I explain, it reboots, then the startup animation appears, then the application preparation screen appears when it arrives To google play services is caught and restarted and so for a long time. What solution does or does anyone have?

Edito

I install the rom cm-13.0-20161211-UNOFFICIAL-u8951 with gapps open_gapps-arm-6.0-pico-20161217

Edited by creeper19

Guest Mr Voland
1 hour ago, creeper19 said:

I have a problem, I do not know if it happens to anyone else.
Is that when I flash the rom and I'm going to put my gmail account, the phone reboots and goes into a reboot loop, I explain, it reboots, then the startup animation appears, then the application preparation screen appears when it arrives To google play services is caught and restarted and so for a long time. What solution does or does anyone have?

Edito

I install the rom cm-13.0-20161211-UNOFFICIAL-u8951 with gapps open_gapps-arm-6.0-pico-20161217

I'm not sure if I understand. Did you flashed gapps right after ROM, if you didn't that causes boot loop. Anyway try with older version of gapps.

Edited by Mr Voland

Guest anotherjib
On 12/8/2016 at 2:21 PM, adeii said:

Now tried again with slim6 build 1.15 - same story, after replacing indicated files and rezipping cannot flash it, same message "error flashing zip" without any explanations.

Without replacing files though there seems to be some progress: now when others call me we hear each other, it is only when I call that I cannot be heard (although I hear the recipient clearly).

Here are the error messages from logcat during my call:

12-19 17:26:01.743  5650  5650 E         : libaudcal: acph_init() - Allocated memory for acph_main_buffer!!
12-19 17:26:01.743  5650  5650 E Diag_Lib: actp_diag_init: call diag init function with B470333D
12-19 17:26:01.785  5650  5677 E AudioFlinger: no wake lock to update!
12-19 17:26:01.787  5650  5650 E AudioHardwareMSM76XXA:  AudioHardware::openOutputStream Only one output stream allowed
12-19 17:26:01.813  5650  5650 E SoundTriggerHwService: couldn't load sound trigger module sound_trigger.primary (No such file or directory)
12-19 17:26:01.814  5650  5650 E RadioService: couldn't load radio module radio.primary (No such file or directory)
12-19 17:26:01.818  1133  1185 E AudioService: Media server started.
12-19 17:26:01.820  5650  5650 E bt_a2dp_hw: adev_set_parameters: ERROR: set param called even when stream out is null

Guest Mr Voland
On 19/12/2016 at 3:05 PM, anotherjib said:

Now tried again with slim6 build 1.15 - same story, after replacing indicated files and rezipping cannot flash it, same message "error flashing zip" without any explanations.

Well of course that will happen, do not unpack archive just replace files with new ones without unpacking if the files have the same name, if you still get an error try flashing those files via separated .zip

On 19/12/2016 at 3:05 PM, anotherjib said:

Guest anotherjib

Slim6 works now! Thanks to advices

On 11/30/2016 at 0:52 PM, adeii said:

overwrite Slim6's files with CM13's: system/bin/netmgrd ;  system/bin/radiooptions ;   system/bin/rild

system/lib/libreference-ril.so ;     system/lib/libril.so

and

On 12/20/2016 at 6:36 PM, Mr Voland said:

Well of course that will happen, do not unpack archive just replace files with new ones without unpacking if the files have the same name, if you still get an error try flashing those files via separated .zip

I managed to make everything work, including outgoing/incoming calls.

Except that unfortunately I cannot tell exactly how :D

What happened is that after substituting the files listed above, the problem with calls still remained (when calling I could not be heard). I then looked for all files in system having "audio", "radio" or "ril" in their names which were different in cm and substituted them all. So obviously one of them helped but I don't know which, there were about 20 of them.

Later on: discovered that unfortunately xposed (v87) causes a bootloop with it. Well, I can live without a couple of xposed modules (I only used boot manager and notifyclean)... Moreover since it seems that cyanogenmod is dead anyway, so slim becomes even more relevant than ever 

Edited by anotherjib

On petak, 23. decembar 2016. at 6:26 PM, anotherjib said:

and

What happened is that after substituting the files listed above, the problem with calls still remained (when calling I could not be heard). I then looked for all files in system having "audio", "radio" or "ril" in their names which were different in cm and substituted them all. So obviously one of them helped but I don't know which, there were about 20 of them.

Later on: discovered that unfortunately xposed (v87) causes a bootloop with it. Well, I can live without a couple of xposed modules (I only used boot manager and notifyclean)... Moreover since it seems that cyanogenmod is dead anyway, so slim becomes even more relevant than ever

Good! Nice to heard that it works (somehow)!

Well, Slim6 is kinda old? But no Slim7 for our devices...nor CM14.x

But CM will not exactly die, it will/is forked as LineageOS... so cm13.0 of LineageOS can be compiled or develop too! 

Guest Garlast
On 23/12/2016 at 1:26 PM, anotherjib said:

and

OMG, I really want to try this but I'm not sure how, I remember I tried the slim6 rom but I had a problem with the calls that I could not be heard. I'll try to do what you managed to and see if it works for me since I really love this rom except for that problem

Guest Garlast
On 23/12/2016 at 1:26 PM, anotherjib said:

and

You unpacked and substituted the files by using the android phone or via pc?

Edited by Garlast

Guest anotherjib

9 hours ago, Garlast said:

You unpacked and substituted the files by using the android phone or via pc?

Following the suggestion

On 12/20/2016 at 6:36 PM, Mr Voland said:

on a pc, I unpacked the cm13 rom archive, opened without unpacking the slim6 archive, and dropped the files from cm13 at the corresponding folders in slim6. 7z can do this, also I believe winrar or winzip can.

Guest Javiash

Hi, thanks for the great news!!! But is somebody going to do it for the rest of us that doesn't know how to do it? I know how to unpack and replace files, but I better trust if somebody else do it. It's my everyday phone, and I would like to keep it that way. Thanks.

Guest anotherjib
1 hour ago, Javiash said:

Hi, thanks for the great news!!! But is somebody going to do it for the rest of us that doesn't know how to do it? I know how to unpack and replace files, but I better trust if somebody else do it. It's my everyday phone, and I would like to keep it that way. Thanks.

Here is a google drive download link to the one that worked for me. But be warned - I am an absolute diletant, cannot even recall what exactly did I change. In particular, if anything goes wrong with your phone, most likely I will be unable to help you in any way.

Guest Javiash
7 hours ago, anotherjib said:

Here is a google drive download link to the one that worked for me. But be warned - I am an absolute diletant, cannot even recall what exactly did I change. In particular, if anything goes wrong with your phone, most likely I will be unable to help you in any way.

Thanks!! Last questions, which gapps did you install? Does the camera work? Is Wifi stable or data?

Sorry to bother you, I know you are just helping.

Guest anotherjib
2 hours ago, Javiash said:

Thanks!! Last questions, which gapps did you install? Does the camera work? Is Wifi stable or data?

Sorry to bother you, I know you are just helping.

2 hours ago, Garlast said:

slim6updyeah, camera works? doesnt crash? I downloaded the laat slim6update from mega and calls work but camera crashes

I use latest opengapps pico. Camera never worked with me, neither on the cm rom. Wifi/cellular work without any interruptions.

Edited by anotherjib

Guest Garlast
5 hours ago, anotherjib said:

I use latest opengapps pico. Camera never worked with me, neither on the cm rom. Wifi/cellular work without any iuresnterruptions.

Heeeey, would you like to try flashing the older kernel suggested up here on this topic? When you record videos it is superb but when taking pictures itlaggs, other than that, it IS FINALLY WORKING PERFECT. (ly)

Guest anotherjib
8 hours ago, Garlast said:

Heeeey, would you like to try flashing the older kernel suggested up here on this topic? When you record videos it is superb but when taking pictures itlaggs, other than that, it IS FINALLY WORKING PERFECT. (ly)

Interesting! Which one? Can you give a link? This topic is so huge once I miss something there is no hope I can find it :D

Guest Javiash

It's working smooth and fast, the only issue is that with both pico and nano gapps the AOSP Keyboard doesn't work, and can't fix it with the solution that it's given in the first post.