[ROM][6.0][ALL] CyanogenMod 13 [18/12/2016]

Guest chil360

Guest anotherjib
6 minutes ago, Nemesix2 said:

@anotherjib Cool, chil360 hasn't informed us about that. Maybe it was something from the raw CM sources?

Could be gapps related too, I've flashed the latest one, 20160201. Curiously enough it is not there anymore - right now the latest downloadable version on opengapps.org reads 31 January 2016

Guest Nemesix2

Hmm quite strange, maybe they found some critical error and removed it from the site. But I'm not going to install this ROM yet. I want it to become a little more stable and usable on a daily basis. Until then, I'll stick with JB/KK

Guest enigmaxg2
On 31/1/2016 at 3:26 PM, Risch808 said:

I had this issue, solved by doing a System wipe in TWRP before installing the rom, I guess some conflictive libs mix up if you do a direct upgrade.

The rebooting issue when uploading files persist (I already had that on Lollipop based roms), I use FX File Explorer to copy files to a local network server and phone reboots when I do that (it copies only the first kilobytes then reboot).

Edited by enigmaxg2
corrections, added something about an issue

Guest anotherjib
8 minutes ago, frustille said:

When i format sd it it say it's corrupted at finish, which app you use?

I use Apps2SD, have partitioned the card with parted beforehand. After Apps2SD creates mount scripts, indeed Android says the second partition is corrupted, but actually Apps2SD successfully links apps there

Guest knoelli
1 hour ago, jesus HONOR said:

Error in the camera....!

The included camera app doesn't work here either and I also had problems with OpenCamera (sometimes it did take pictures, and sometimes I got an error), but I think the later problem was related to me not having wiped the system partition before installing the rom from Jan/31. So I entered recovery again, wiped system+cache+dalvik, installed the rom again and now OpenCamera works without problems (even at full resolution).

Currently the only problems that remain for me are:

• the sd-card cannot be formatted as internal storage, I get an error at 40%
  • wifi connection gets lost a lot; the wifi settings page updates the available networks but the phone often disconnects from my router and won't reconnect until I manually tell it to from the wifi settings. I'm currently testing the app "WiFi connection manager" and for the last few hours it seems to solve this problem, but I'll continue testing before calling this a "solution"

Speed is really great (without gapps) and there are (almost) no lags for the usual stuff (dialing, answering calls, keyboard opening, etc.). Stability is fine as well, I didn't encounter any reboots, freezes or black screens so far. Battery drain is better than on Lollipop (where my phone lasted ~ 1 day) but worse than on KitKat (~ 3-4 days), I can use my phone for about 2 days after which I have to charge again.

Guest knoelli
On 5.2.2016 at 6:16 PM, knoelli said:
  • wifi connection gets lost a lot; the wifi settings page updates the available networks but the phone often disconnects from my router and won't reconnect until I manually tell it to from the wifi settings. I'm currently testing the app "WiFi connection manager" and for the last few hours it seems to solve this problem, but I'll continue testing before calling this a "solution"

Shortly after having posted this, my WiFi connection got lost again. I tried various other apps and settings (i.e. WiFi always on, scan for open networks, static IP-settings, etc.) but nothing worked out. WiFi is always on, I can see the available networks immediately, but it doesn't connect automatically to my router. From the power settings page I can also see that WiFi is switched on all of the time. No idea what keeps it from losing connection :(

@chil360There is a project on XDA called microG. It aims to provide some gapps functionality to apps that rely on it in case no gapps are installed. Sine our device benefits greatly from not installing gapps, I think this might be worth a try. However, it requires a patch to the rom (which enables fake signatures in the developer options). The XDA-thread can be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-microg-gmscore-floss-play-services-t3217616 (in section "preparations" there are links to the two patches needed). Maybe you can include this in future builds?

Guest POmniac

@chil360I missed some time because now I use a Huawei p8 lite device. Just now installed your 07.02.2016 build on my old y300 device. All I can to say is wow.....this is a great wok.

I am not installed yet gapps. Without gapps my old device is smooth an for now stable. Just camera apk crush sometime but after a reboot it work again.

Thanks and respect for your great work.

Guest knoelli
10 hours ago, ilich said:

Guys you know how to fix the "Black screen" error?, You know.. the phone don't awake by pressing the power button :(

What works for me is the same method that works on Lollipop roms: I set set CPU governor to "smartmax", the minimum CPU frequency to 320MHz and the I/O-scheduler to "sioplus". Those settings can for example be made with the app "Kernel adiutor" (just make sure to set the settings to be applied at each boot). Never had black screen problems anymore.

Regarding the camera: the latest version (07/02) seems to have improved the situation but camera is still not 100% stable. While it works after a reboot, after some phone runtime (I don't yet know what "triggers" it) the included app won't start anymore and open camera throws an error when trying to take a picture.

WiFi connection at first sight seemed to have improved as well. After installation on sunday evening, WiFi was stable for about 14 hours (with times being within reach of the access point and with times being out of reach - in those cases the connection came back once I was near the access point again). However after those initial 14 hours, WiFi became unstable. I can enable the connection in the settings but it gets lost again after some minutes. A reboot doesn't change this behaviour, WiFi remains unstable.

Guest herrdeh

Hi,

people widely agree that installing swap doesn't make much sense on android phones.

I wonder, whether these is an exeption with phones with poor RAM - such as ours - and a fast class 10 SD card, which is no longer expensive these days, and which should be faster than the build-in "SD" memory. The only real speed handicap I do experience with the y300 is to switch from one large app to another (whapp -> opera, aqua mail -> whapp etc). Couldn't it make sense to try swap on that behalf?

Does the 4.4.4 slimkat kernel support swap?

Will the cm13 kernel do?

Hope, I didn't bother you with a really outdated and definitively closed issue.

Wolf

Guest anotherjib
1 hour ago, herrdeh said:

Hi,

people widely agree that installing swap doesn't make much sense on android phones.

I wonder, whether these is an exeption with phones with poor RAM - such as ours - and a fast class 10 SD card, which is no longer expensive these days, and which should be faster than the build-in "SD" memory. The only real speed handicap I do experience with the y300 is to switch from one large app to another (whapp -> opera, aqua mail -> whapp etc). Couldn't it make sense to try swap on that behalf?

Does the 4.4.4 slimkat kernel support swap?

Will the cm13 kernel do?

Hope, I didn't bother you with a really outdated and definitively closed issue.

Wolf

I am currently using Apps2SD's swap manager on CM13, have a separate 250mb swap partition on SD, Apps2SD created a 122mb swap file there (swappiness set to 90). Right now it is using 45mb of it. I do not notice any inconveniences, I think it is convenient.

Before that on slimLP and slimkat (also by chil360) I was using distributed swap by kannasbor0 and it also was quite efficient I think.

Guest Nemesix2

@chil360 Hi, I tried to flash your latest 14/02 build, and it loaded fine but the keyboard kept crashing. I tried to remove the file you specified in the first post (that system/lib file) using TWRP, but the file doesn't even appear there. So... The error keeps appearing with that file NOT being there. I conclude there is something more to fix about that.

Have you tried to integrate the Google Keyboard APK instead of AOSP Keyboard?

Guest chil360

@Nemesix2 The lib file I mention in the first post is installed by OpenGapps. It's not compatible with AOSP Keyboard so causes the keyboard to crash. I currently have the latest 14/02 build installed on my phone without gapps and the keyboard is working fine.

4 hours ago, Nemesix2 said:

@chil360 Hi, I tried to flash your latest 14/02 build, and it loaded fine but the keyboard kept crashing. I tried to remove the file you specified in the first post (that system/lib file) using TWRP, but the file doesn't even appear there. So... The error keeps appearing with that file NOT being there. I conclude there is something more to fix about that.

Guest anotherjib

With the 14/02 build dialer keeps crashing. It worked fine with the previous build, was crashing similarly with the build before that; truedialer worked fine then.

Here is a portion of the logcat:

02-15 14:08:32.606  4473  4473 E AndroidRuntime: Process: com.android.dialer, PID: 4473
02-15 14:08:32.606  4473  4473 E AndroidRuntime:        at com.android.dialer.list.DialerPhoneNumberListAdapter.assignShortcutToView(DialerPhoneNumberListAdapter.java:173)
02-15 14:08:32.606  4473  4473 E AndroidRuntime:        at com.android.dialer.list.DialerPhoneNumberListAdapter.getView(DialerPhoneNumberListAdapter.java:97)
02-15 14:08:32.621   620  2088 W ActivityManager:   Force finishing activity com.android.dialer/.DialtactsActivity
02-15 14:08:33.142   620   634 W ActivityManager: Activity pause timeout for ActivityRecord{43552f3 u0 com.android.dialer/.DialtactsActivity t59 f}
02-15 14:08:43.330   620   634 W ActivityManager: Activity destroy timeout for ActivityRecord{43552f3 u0 com.android.dialer/.DialtactsActivity t59 f}

Wrong timeout value set?

Actually if I start dialing and stop after having dialed four first digits, it waits. As soon as I dial the fifth digit it crashes.

Edited by anotherjib

Guest RileyYe

I got a problem.

look at the picture.

My device is HUAWEI C8813D and it could flash the ROMs for  Y300/Y300c/C8813/C8813q/C8813DQ  properly. But why is it wrong this time?

I tried many CM13 ROMs and i found that all of them have this problem.

P.S. i also cannot format internal SDcard,The code said    

Command '52 volume partition disk : 179_0 public' failed with "400 52 Command failed'

Screenshot_20160215-194534.png

Guest TheMasterSoda

Dialer still crashes with both 02-07 and 02-14 releases. Same with contacts app when trying to view specific contact, so i think, that it's not dialer related, but contacts related, since both are integrated into one another.

Edit: Installed Simpler contacts and it seems to work just fine both as contacts app and as a dialer, so that's a possible workaround.

Edited by TheMasterSoda