chil360

[ROM][6.0][ALL] CyanogenMod 13 [18/12/2016]

906 posts in this topic

 

15 hours ago, Javiash said:

It's working smooth and fast, the only issue is that with both pico and nano gapps the AOSP Keyboard doesn't work, and can't fix it with the solution that it's given in the first post.

Did you try to flash this one?

On 12/8/2016 at 9:53 AM, anotherjib said:

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Garlast said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/42uslyid6dfkmgy/Slim6-Y300-kernel-fix.zip?dl=0heres the kernel for the camera, i just flashed it with the link rom Google Drive that you uploaded and it all works

 

9 hours ago, anotherjib said:

 

Did you try to flash this one?

 

 

Should I flash the ROM you uploaded, the kernel and the keyboard fix one after the other one in TWRP? I've never flashed a kernel separately.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Javiash said:

Should I flash the ROM you uploaded, the kernel and the keyboard fix one after the other one in TWRP? I've never flashed a kernel separately.

I think rom, then kernel, then gapps then keyboard fix, all together.

Edited by anotherjib
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, anotherjib said:

I think rom, then kernel, then gapps then keyboard fix, all together.


Did someone tryed it?

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Javiash said:


Did someone tryed it?

 

I'm trying it... sometimes it's a bit laggy, not as smooth as slimkat and takes more ROM space, phone works fine, camera works with the default camera, you only need to change the resolution to 3.1 mp. I'm not an expert, so I can't give a detailed analysis, but for now is working, whatsapp, facebook lite, gmail, keeps, google sync... I'll keep on testing. Thanks for helping me.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Javiash said:

I'm trying it... sometimes it's a bit laggy, not as smooth as slimkat and takes more ROM space, phone works fine, camera works with the default camera, you only need to change the resolution to 3.1 mp. I'm not an expert, so I can't give a detailed analysis, but for now is working, whatsapp, facebook lite, gmail, keeps, google sync... I'll keep on testing. Thanks for helping me.

You are welcome. Lag is from gapps mostly. I am using apps2sd to free up as much internal memory as possible - move all my apps automatically to the external card. Some boot manager can also help to free up ram. I used a xposed module but as I mentioned in a post above xposed seems to cause bootloops with this modification.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the end of Cyanogenmod, I think it is now time for me to say goodbye. Most people, including me, have now moved on to newer devices. In terms of the hardware support for this device, I have done as much as I can and I am no longer able to fully test any roms I make. So it makes sense to let someone else take over if there is still interest in this device. All of the source code for building my roms are available in my github repos (see the source links in the first post). If someone wants to take over, feel free to PM me for any assistance to get you started.

This has been a fun device to work on with a great community. Thanks to all of you that have contributed to making these roms including luca020400, Y300-0100, fonz93, srfarias and many more but especially Dazzozo for his amazing work in creating the initial device trees. Also, a big thank you to those that have donated to me during my time working on this device.

Goodbye and Happy New Year!

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best regards and the greatest thank you for all you have done for ours huaweis, chil360! Happy new year, also!

Sorry for leaving us, even SlimRom 6 is even updating (v.1.17) and even LineageOS continues CM's work as open-source. So, users can continue to make newer builds of Slim6 and LOS, using your legacy...and even new custom ROMS.

But, would you or someone tweak kernel for 7.0.x/7.1.x for further development?
 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, adeii said:

Best regards and the greatest thank you for all you have done for ours huaweis, chil360! Happy new year, also!

Sorry for leaving us, even SlimRom 6 is even updating (v.1.17) and even LineageOS continues CM's work as open-source. So, users can continue to make newer builds of Slim6 and LOS, using your legacy...and even new custom ROMS.

But, would you or someone tweak kernel for 7.0.x/7.1.x for further development?
 

Slim6: I could make a final Slim6 (v1.17) build easily enough... I will try and do that tomorrow.

LineageOS (Marshmallow): It would be simple to update my device trees to build the rebranded lineage/cm13 so someone could easily take over building.

As for Nougat 7.X, I did do some initial development work for cm14 but it doesn't look good. I managed to get it to build (with lots of hardware stuff disabled) but it won't even install. By using an update-binary from cm13, I made a bit more progress but couldn't get it to boot.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, chil360 said:

Slim6: I could make a final Slim6 (v1.17) build easily enough... I will try and do that tomorrow.

Would be a truly gracious exit :D

Let me express my sincere gratitude and admiration with regard to your enormous dedicated work. As a non-specialist I can only be guessing how many challenges have you met during all this time. Wish you most joyful year ahead, and doing the things you find important to do!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, chil360 said:

Slim6: I could make a final Slim6 (v1.17) build easily enough... I will try and do that tomorrow.

Slim6 v1.17 for u8833 is now on mega.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

 

On 1/1/2017 at 7:53 AM, chil360 said:

With the end of Cyanogenmod, I think it is now time for me to say goodbye. Most people, including me, have now moved on to newer devices. In terms of the hardware support for this device, I have done as much as I can and I am no longer able to fully test any roms I make. So it makes sense to let someone else take over if there is still interest in this device. All of the source code for building my roms are available in my github repos (see the source links in the first post). If someone wants to take over, feel free to PM me for any assistance to get you started.

This has been a fun device to work on with a great community. Thanks to all of you that have contributed to making these roms including luca020400, Y300-0100, fonz93, srfarias and many more but especially Dazzozo for his amazing work in creating the initial device trees. Also, a big thank you to those that have donated to me during my time working on this device.

Goodbye and Happy New Year!

thank you very much for this great job

this rom is excellent, if we take acount than this phone has little resources

--------------------

to me cm-13.0-20161211 + the last gapps : works very good and i am going to use this combination

------------------------

i ask to others Slim6 the microphone on calls bug also continues?

Edited by boltspectrum
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 1/6/2017 at 5:16 AM, boltspectrum said:

i ask to others Slim6 the microphone on calls bug also continues?

In a post above I've described a way to avoid this. With latest slim6 (1.17) the bug is still there. Treated the same way (replacing all files in /system/bin and /system/lib with "ril", "audio" or "radio" in their names with the files from cm13 in case they differ), calls work fine.

In case you would like to try it, here is a link to the 1.17 build with such replacements which works for me:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz5n7ThWFJHOTkV1OFp1X2lQQnM

Edited by anotherjib
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is blank screen stil present?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hello,i have flash your mody rom with pico gapps but it s is locked in select connection wifi and always same problem keyboard aosp 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/12/2016 at 0:34 PM, Javiash said:

 

Should I flash the ROM you uploaded, the kernel and the keyboard fix one after the other one in TWRP? I've never flashed a kernel separately.

U just need to flash the tampered rom on google drive and the kernel for the camera fix, if u want to use gapps, flash them too with the keyboard fix zip. I ALL WORKS FOR ME NOW, EVEN 5MPX CAM I only have the video playback issue and the battery life isn't good

Edited by Garlast
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2017 at 10:11 PM, Garlast said:

U just need to flash the tampered rom on google drive and the kernel for the camera fix, if u want to use gapps, flash them too with the keyboard fix zip. I ALL WORKS FOR ME NOW, EVEN 5MPX CAM I only have the video playback issue and the battery life isn't good

Yes I noticed only yesterday, did not pay attention before - slim6 is not particularly good wrt battery life. Also the phone gets perceptibly warm. Maybe it is possible to figure out what process causes all this.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On utorak, 03. januar 2017. at 11:35 PM, chil360 said:

Slim6 v1.17 for u8833 is now on mega.

Slim6 v1.17 + open_gapps-arm-6.0-pico-20161211 + CM13-keyboard-fix works very well!

Xposed v87 and calls/sms works well, also!
 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you going to upgrade Slim6-ROM to include all found bugfixes, or you will pay attention to other ROMs (AICP, InfOS, LOS)? 
Which of them you plan to upgrade?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19. 1. 2017. at 9:21 AM, degradatoome said:

Are you going to upgrade Slim6-ROM to include all found bugfixes, or you will pay attention to other ROMs (AICP, InfOS, LOS)? 
Which of them you plan to upgrade?

chil360 already made and upload slim6 v.2.0 and I hope that will be all.

" Slim6 has now reached Stable status at version 2.0 (for some devices, others will receive a weekly build), and is being considered EOL unless Google pushes more security updates for Marshmallow. "

About InfinitiveOS, they stoped with 6.0.x progress in July 2016.

Lineage OS 13 got no major update for now, so no new build for now.

AICP also stoped 6.0.x progress in october 2016.

Edited by adeii
update info
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slim v.1.20 also has a bad battery life an gets warm? Cant decide if slim or cm13. Thanks!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2017 at 1:19 PM, adeii said:

chil360 already made and upload slim6 v.2.0 and I hope that will be all.

Do you know if 2.0 still requires replacement of call-related files?

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On petak, 27. januar 2017. at 9:03 AM, anotherjib said:

Do you know if 2.0 still requires replacement of call-related files?

 

I do not have problem with calling even with previous versions, so I do not know.  p.s. I'm using "2G only" for better signal strength and battery life.

UPDATE: I've experience this problem with new build of Lineage...So made this flashable containing all RIL files from latest CM13 and other user can hear me all the time: RIL from CM13

With lineage's ril-caf, otherside could hear voice just the first second and rest of time silence, no matter how you scream :(

 

Edited by adeii
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May be it will be better to make individual topic for Slim6? Because it is not comfortable to look for information about Slim in CM13 topic

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2017 at 10:26 AM, degradatoome said:

May be it will be better to make individual topic for Slim6? Because it is not comfortable to look for information about Slim in CM13 topic

Well it is a correct idea but seems like there will be no further releases for these phones, so...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

MoDaCo is part of the MoDaCo.network, © Paul O'Brien 2002-2016. MoDaCo uses IntelliTxt technology.