[ROM][6.0][ALL] CyanogenMod 13 [18/12/2016]

Guest chil360

Guest anotherjib

dmitr

it is very kind of you but could you please describe what exactly is in these black boxes you offer?

Does one just flash them through recovery? What will they do? Are they incompatible with anything?

Guest dmitr
On 14.06.2016 at 9:51 PM, anotherjib said:

dmitr

it is very kind of you but could you please describe what exactly is in these black boxes you offer?

Does one just flash them through recovery? What will they do? Are they incompatible with anything?

What? what are the black boxes? And what flash from recovery? I just Russian and do not quite understand what you mean!

Guest anotherjib
On 16/06/2016 at 2:37 PM, dmitr said:

What? what are the black boxes? And what flash from recovery? I just Russian and do not quite understand what you mean!

Хотелось бы хоть немного информации, чем именно может быть интересен этот вариант deodexed cm13, как его лучше устанавливать - через recovery или через fastboot, такие вещи. Про второй файл я понял только, что он как-то связан с cd картой. Потому и говорю, что это что-то вроде чёрных ящиков, что там внутри непонятно.

Guest dmitr
27 minutes ago, anotherjib said:

Хотелось бы хоть немного информации, чем именно может быть интересен этот вариант deodexed cm13, как его лучше устанавливать - через recovery или через fastboot, такие вещи. Про второй файл я понял только, что он как-то связан с cd картой. Потому и говорю, что это что-то вроде чёрных ящиков, что там внутри непонятно.

Ну deodex он уберает все файлы odex и при этом свободно больше системной памяти! И быстрее и чуть больше свободно ОЗУ. Второе, это ядро меняет память местами, что бы все файлы касались на сдкард и игры читали кеш с сдкард и т.д Что бы в ядре было все понятно его надо распаковать!

Guest dexterplanck
On 18.06.2016 at 10:56 PM, dexterplanck said:

@D3mon3, blackscreen continues on 06/12 build ..

For 12/06/2016 ; (without gapps)

Yes, blackscreen continues but, each new build, is steadily decreasing  !!

Camera problem still alive .... But, 3 MP resolution works ...

Some 3D games incompatibility still alive ....

Battery life is more good, i think its improved..

Thanks,

now it's time 19/06/2016 build testing ..

Edited by dexterplanck

Guest anotherjib
10 hours ago, dexterplanck said:

now it's time 19/06/2016 build testing ..

With smartmax and minimum speed 480 no blackscreens so far. However I have general feeling it is slightly more laggy than the previous build. Maybe I'm mistaken.

Guest dexterplanck
On 21.06.2016 at 7:12 PM, anotherjib said:

With smartmax and minimum speed 480 no blackscreens so far. However I have general feeling it is slightly more laggy than the previous build. Maybe I'm mistaken.

Yes, I am flashed it and using for 3 days, its more stable,

And yes, @anotherjib you are right, latest build is a little bit buggy, and kernel adiutor is not useful with latest build i think.

Smartmax and CPU min speed to 480 setups ,  After making these settings , blackscreen appeared more more... 5 times on 5 hour....

I sets the cpu and I/O values to default, and uninstalled Kernel Adiutor, and using normally.. This so much better, for stopping blackscreen...

about 1 day.. no blackscreen... and working more stable...

But, camera problem still alive, system forced you to 3 MP..

many 3D graphical games uncompatibility still alive, is it related Opengl Es ? i dont know...

battery draining is normal, acceptable.. in daily using(wifi on,3G on, +whatsapp, without gapps), it is 24 H, it delivers you to next day...

On stand by it calculates more than 2 days battery life... (wifi,3G, bluetooth and GPS are off , only gsm network on)

Edited by dexterplanck

Guest anotherjib
23 hours ago, dexterplanck said:

Smartmax and CPU min speed to 480 setups ,  After making these settings , blackscreen appeared more more... 5 times on 5 hour....

It is quite strange, nothing like this with me. Either there is some hardware factor fundamentally different between G330 and Y300, or we are using different apps that make the difference.

There might be also something related to disk space. With apps2sd linking all non-system apps entirely from the sd, I have internal storage 529 mb of 1.11 gb used; also, I have disabled zram and instead have 120 mb swap (on a separate partition of the sd card). Maybe this also makes some difference?

Guest adeii

Why using swap in external sd, when you can use till 160mb swap od /cache partition which has about 180mb?

Black screen also can be caused by automatic brightness, at least slower wake up. 

Guest anotherjib
9 hours ago, adeii said:

Why using swap in external sd, when you can use till 160mb swap od /cache partition which has about 180mb?

Well there is very little space, that's why.

Guest chil360
3 hours ago, fell978 said:

Chil360, what about Slim6?

I had kind of given up on Slim. Since their 'Slim Zombie' phase (see 'Slim Zombie?' post on https://slimroms.org/), they haven't released any official build for any device and the development has been incredibly slow. But now, they have just started publishing official weekly builds of Slim6 for a few devices - although there's hardly any features added to it yet. I have made a test build for the Y300 but haven't decided if I want to publish it yet. One reason is that I cannot fully test it as I no longer have a correct sized sim card (I now have a Moto G which uses a micro sim). I know I could get an adaptor but I just haven't so far and I don't want damage my micro sim by trying to use it in my Y300.

If there is interest, I could publish a build of Slim6 or at least publish the device tree changes so someone else could build & support it.

Guest chil360

Switchable Internal/External SD as Primary storage

There have been a number of posts here recently about using the external SD card as primary storage, especially as the 'Adoptable' storage feature just doesn't seem to work with problems re-formatting the card. I have wanted to make a way to switch the storage from Settings without reformatting and encrypting for a while (just like we had in our kitkat & lollipop roms) but could not work out a way to do it.

I have finally thought of a way to implement this and have added it to this weeks build for you to try out - just toggle the switch from Settings -> Storage & USB and reboot. Please try it out and let me know how it goes.

Screenshot_20160626_144445.pngScreenshot_20160626_145010.png

Implementation:

For those interested in how I did it...

On 14/06/2016 at 7:41 AM, dmitr said:

@dmitr posted this zip which installs a boot.img where the SD card entries have been switched in the 'fstab.huawei' file. This works but I would like to be able switch from Settings without having to flash any extra zip files. My approach is to have 2 fstab files, 'fstab.huawei' & 'fstab.huawei.switched' and patch vold to choose between the 2 files when it initializes based on a property that can be toggled from Settings. This seems to work without any side effects. Other approaches I tried worked to switch primary storage but caused problems accessing the cards with MTP. The changes to implement this have been published in my github repos.

Edited by chil360

Guest adeii
19 hours ago, chil360 said:

If there is interest, I could publish a build of Slim6 or at least publish the device tree changes so someone else could build & support it.

Dear Chil360, I'm trying few weeks to compile it, copycating your SlimLP-Y300 project with CM13-Y300 build tree on VM with Ubuntu 15.04, 3GB RAM, 16GB swap... https://github.com/adeii/slim6_manifest but no luck to complete it... last  error I got is art/runtime/runtime_linux.cc:51 no precept to build .../art.boot 

Edited by adeii

Guest andersonlugo
15 hours ago, adeii said:

Dear Chil360, I'm trying few weeks to compile it, copycating your SlimLP-Y300 project with CM13-Y300 build tree on VM with Ubuntu 15.04, 3GB RAM, 16GB swap... https://github.com/adeii/slim6_manifest but no luck to complete it... last  error I got is art/runtime/runtime_linux.cc:51 no precept to build .../art.boot 

I install paralells ubuntu to collaborate with rom Y300. :)

Guest anotherjib
6 hours ago, andersonlugo said:

I install paralells ubuntu to collaborate with rom Y300. :)

Btw cannot one use Android Studio for that? Not that I am capable in any way, just curious...

Guest fell978
6 hours ago, adeii said:

I'm just curious to made deoxed build, so Xposed Framework can be useful.

Hhhm, i flash xposed on odex cm13 and it works fine

Guest dexterplanck
On 26.06.2016 at 5:09 PM, chil360 said:

Switchable Internal/External SD as Primary storage

There have been a number of posts here recently about using the external SD card as primary storage, especially as the 'Adoptable' storage feature just doesn't seem to work with problems re-formatting the card. I have wanted to make a way to switch the storage from Settings without reformatting and encrypting for a while (just like we had in our kitkat & lollipop roms) but could not work out a way to do it.

I have finally thought of a way to implement this and have added it to this weeks build for you to try out - just toggle the switch from Settings -> Storage & USB and reboot. Please try it out and let me know how it goes.

Screenshot_20160626_144445.pngScreenshot_20160626_145010.png

Implementation:

For those interested in how I did it...

@dmitr posted this zip which installs a boot.img where the SD card entries have been switched in the 'fstab.huawei' file. This works but I would like to be able switch from Settings without having to flash any extra zip files. My approach is to have 2 fstab files, 'fstab.huawei' & 'fstab.huawei.switched' and patch vold to choose between the 2 files when it initializes based on a property that can be toggled from Settings. This seems to work without any side effects. Other approaches I tried worked to switch primary storage but caused problems accessing the cards with MTP. The changes to implement this have been published in my github repos.

@chil360 , i switched it and restarted, it was not work for me..   32 GB sdcard is still portable drive... system uses still 2 gb internal sdcard... is it needed Root enabled for activating this feature ?

my review, about the 26/06 Rom , generally,,

This is most blackscreenless CM13 rom ever.... No blackscreen about 3 days...(no extra min CPu settingss, no extra zips flashing),,    I forced for seeing it , but not seen yet...  thanks ...

About Camera , not working with normal resolution, System forced to me 3 MP,

Some of old 3D games not working...

I didnt flash gapps, but Text correction for Turkish, not working.. i need add-on dictionaries adding for Turkish ? how its ?

Adoptabling still dont work, I partitioned 32GB Sdcard, first is fat32, second is ext4(and also ext2 tested)  , system says to me 2 question , adoptabling or portable ?

i chooseed for first big one portable(approximately 29GB), and

i choosed for scond one(1.5GB) adoptabling, and it started formatting, and finished format, but , result is :  Both of partitions corrupted...

But i continue using the Rom, because it looks brillant, and no blackscreen for now...

Thank  you for your works, and all contributors

Guest anotherjib
5 hours ago, dexterplanck said:

This is most blackscreenless CM13 rom ever.... No blackscreen about 3 days...(no extra min CPu settingss, no extra zips flashing),,

With me this version is VERY laggy :(