[ROM][6.0][ALL] CyanogenMod 13 [18/12/2016]

Guest chil360

Guest Anderson Damaso Lugo
On 29/6/2016 at 8:57 AM, RQuestion17 said:

@chil360It is stable? It works for everyday use? You will format my sd to install?

use the 19-06 daily. It is not stable but can be used daily , little reboots and gapps nano, Xposed , gravity , whatsapp, microsoft has two email accounts linked. Thanks all.

Guest chil360

Today's build is delayed. The build failed and I'm still trying to fix it.

Update: Should now be fixed. Just started a fresh build.

Edited by chil360

Guest andersonlugo
3 hours ago, chil360 said:

Today's build is delayed. The build failed and I'm still trying to fix it.

Update: Should now be fixed. Just started a fresh build.

thanks a lot. chil360

Guest anotherjib

03/07 seems to be less laggy than the previous build, although still (I think) laggier than the build before that.

Is stable though. Battery life seems to be the best I have seen in chil360's builds so far.

Guest Nemesix2
11 hours ago, Alsking said:

What about this ROM whit games?

Sorry, but 4.4+ roms are very unlikely to run games at steady framerates, just because of people at Adreno not providing developers with proper drivers for these Android versions.

The G510 (and Y300 I assume) both have an Adreno 203 GPU. That being said, drivers for these GPUs are only available up to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, meaning that it requires a lot of effort, hacks and luck to port those drivers to Lollipop/M or even Kitkat.

Also, @chil360 : Does Display-CAF exactly mean GPU acceleration on games? Cause I tried games like Geometry Dash with your Slimkat CAF build and they're as laggy as any other 4.4+ ROM.

Guest Nemesix2

@chil360 Now testing 03/07 build + Minimal 6.0 Gapps ~35MB (no opengapps). No blackscreen so far, rom is somewhat smooth and doesn't lag much compared to previous builds.

I've only had one random reboot, at idle. Screen was off, then after half an hour bam, random restart out of nowhere. By the way, where did Kernel Adiutor go?

I've removed some apks that I didn't need, such as animated backgrounds, and the default e-mail app, which didn't make much of a difference, but just to free some little space.

Tried L-Speed and did some tweaks, seems to make the phone a bit faster.

Play Store seems to work just fine, although sometimes when downloading an app it prevents me from exiting it or bringing the status bar because of the lag, but nothing important.

About games, well... Same as always, laggy. But it really isn't your fault, as there is no driver. No complains in that.

Camera crashes sometimes, which is a shame honestly. Tried many other camera apps, same errors in all of them. When the "The app has stopped" error triggers, it does in all camera apps.

Will continue testing things like battery life and such in the following days.

In conclusion, I really like where this is going, although it needs some polishing. All I have to say is nice work. :D

Edited by Nemesix2

Guest anotherjib

10/07 is still less laggy, although seems to be less stable too. I had a reboot when changing settings booted for the first time. Also had a couple of occasional freezes for about half a minute. Otherwise - quite OK.

Guest Anderson Damaso Lugo
On 12/7/2016 at 4:17 AM, anotherjib said:

10/07 is still less laggy, although seems to be less stable too. I had a reboot when changing settings booted for the first time. Also had a couple of occasional freezes for about half a minute. Otherwise - quite OK.

I think the 19/06 is more stable, now I have 10/07 with several reboots and blackscreen, another thing I've noticed that will help schedule a shortcut key to a forced reboot when it is black. I download the source to add to the menu developers but I can not compile with ubuntu 16.04. :( Keep trying. Excuse my bad English, I use translator.

Guest chil360

For this week's build, I thought I would try building with a different set of toolchains. Previous build have been built with Uber 4.9 for the kernel and stock google 4.9 toolchain for the rom (Using Uber for the rom causes a bootloop).

The toolchains used in today's build are BenzoSM Sabermod 4.9 toolchains for both rom and kernel, built by me, and configured specifically for msm7x27a devices (cortex-a5, neon-vfpv4). Let's see if it makes any difference.

If anyone else is interested in using these toolchains, I have uploaded them here.

Guest Farid

Hi,

I used all builts since 12/6 till 17/7 and my main trouble is blackscreen(1 or 2 times per day), although i got that its not device Hanging. becuase today again blackscreen occured while i was in phone call, then for disconnecting line , seperating  battry  was the only way !!

Also battry use is so much at all. battry percentage was different than its value in recovery at the same time !!

Running screen recorder make device reboot  every time !!

Ofcource if these problems can be solve , it will be my prefered Rom .

Guest anotherjib

Had several reboots with 17/7 when sending sms :(

Later update - also there is a battery drain from somewhere: was almost on zero after standby overnight starting fully charged

Edited by anotherjib

Guest alias5000
On 2016-06-26 at 10:09 AM, chil360 said:

Switchable Internal/External SD as Primary storage

There have been a number of posts here recently about using the external SD card as primary storage, especially as the 'Adoptable' storage feature just doesn't seem to work with problems re-formatting the card. I have wanted to make a way to switch the storage from Settings without reformatting and encrypting for a while (just like we had in our kitkat & lollipop roms) but could not work out a way to do it.

I have finally thought of a way to implement this and have added it to this weeks build for you to try out - just toggle the switch from Settings -> Storage & USB and reboot. Please try it out and let me know how it goes.

Hi Chil360,

first of all a lot of thanks to you for your efforts! I just upgraded from your cyanogenmod (kitkat) version to this one. It seems to be running smoother that the old version and I haven't seen a single crash, yet :)

Regarding using the external SD as primary storage (like I did in the kitkat rom), it doesn't work for me. It just doesn't make any difference when I turn on the switch setting (while the SD card is in and formatted to FAT32 or ext4) and restart the phone.

I've also played around with the adoptable storage option (via settings and adb shell -> sm) and approaches via Apps2Db or Link2Db (which fail, because mounting to /data/sdext2 by app or manually via adb shell->mount -t auto -w ... does not do anything).

Is there a particular way you set up your system, so that it worked? Is there anything I could contribute in order to debug the situation? I'm familiar with Linux and terminals.

Thanks!
alias5000

Guest anotherjib
14 hours ago, alias5000 said:

I've also played around with the adoptable storage option (via settings and adb shell -> sm) and approaches via Apps2Db or Link2Db (which fail, because mounting to /data/sdext2 by app or manually via adb shell->mount -t auto -w ... does not do anything).

How did you partition the sd card?

Guest alias5000

@anotherjib:

Umm, I played around with many approaches. Apps2DB can do it for you (two partitions, as far as I remember it makes it ext4 partitions?), I had one or two FAT32 partitions (thanks to gparted) and at earlier stages one or two ext4 partitions. Adoptable storage via App or "sm" command, but both approaches fail.

I wonder how setting up the SD card as portable storage plays into this (since internal storage aka adoptable doesn't work). Or would you just not set it up at all? I think, most of the time, I had it labeled as portable storage, but should have tried without setting it up, too.

Guest anotherjib
9 hours ago, alias5000 said:

@anotherjib:

Umm, I played around with many approaches. Apps2DB can do it for you (two partitions, as far as I remember it makes it ext4 partitions?), I had one or two FAT32 partitions (thanks to gparted) and at earlier stages one or two ext4 partitions. Adoptable storage via App or "sm" command, but both approaches fail.

I wonder how setting up the SD card as portable storage plays into this (since internal storage aka adoptable doesn't work). Or would you just not set it up at all? I think, most of the time, I had it labeled as portable storage, but should have tried without setting it up, too.

I have it divided in three, second and third (ext4 and swap) are not visible to the system, it keeps telling there is a corrupted card, but apps4sd (by Vicky Bonick) uses them successfully.

The first partition (fat32) is visible and usable, regardless of whether I tell the system it is portable or just ignore it. It is also usable to read/write data on a windows notebook when put into sd slot there.

I never tried to tell the system to make it internal/adoptable. Frankly speaking I don't see any point in doing it. What's the difference?

Edited by anotherjib

Guest alias5000

It's a new Android 6 thing, but it doesn't work (yet) on this rom as Chil360 mentioned earlier.

I completely wiped and reset my phone (all partitions), just to make sure that there is nothing flying around from an old installation. Regarding using Apps2Sd:

I partitioned the way you (anotherjib) did it for yourself. When Apps2SD tries to mount the partition, it says that mounting failed: "mount: mounting /dev/block/vold/public:179_34 on /data/sdext2 failed: invalid argument". I have not found a way around it. What steps did you (anotherjib) perform to set up Apps2db on your phone?
Edit: specifically: which mounting method did you use (default, init.d, su.d?)

Regarding the internal/external switch in the settings introduced by Chil360: I tried this first while the SD card had one large 32GB FAT32 partition. After I reboot, I can see sdcard0 listed as the (large 32GB) sd card (by size in the storage settings) and my 1GB internal storage is listed as sdcard1. During that session I installed a lot of apps which where then installed on my phone memory. A second reboot reverts the situation, so that the phone memory is sdcard0 and the actual sd card is sdcard1.

I appreciate thoughts, hints and help and am happy to provide further (debugging) information, as needed.

alias5000

Edited by alias5000

Guest alias5000

It seems like the way of using App2SD is working for me now.

The reason why the 2nd partition couldn't be mounted seems to be linked with how the kernel was built.

When running the App2SD mounting script, "mount: mounting /dev/block/vold/public:179_34 on /data/sdext2 failed: invalid argument" is shown. Using "adb shell" and "dmesg", I saw the following message popping up:

[  292.424813] EXT4-fs (mmcblk1p2): Filesystem with huge files cannot be mounted RDWR without CONFIG_LBDAF
[  292.490393] EXT4-fs (mmcblk1p2): Filesystem with huge files cannot be mounted RDWR without CONFIG_LBDAF
[  292.589693] EXT4-fs (mmcblk1p2): Filesystem with huge files cannot be mounted RDWR without CONFIG_LBDAF
[  292.682666] EXT4-fs (mmcblk1p2): Filesystem with huge files cannot be mounted RDWR without CONFIG_LBDAF

Following this site support for large files in ext filesystems has to be included when compiling the kernel to have this message going away for the given partition.

Alternative solution/workaround: disable large file support for second partition.
--> ran:

tune2fs -O ^huge_file /dev/block/mmcblk1p2
fsck /dev/block/mmcblk1p2

...and since then things seem to be working.

Edited by alias5000