[ROM][6.0][ALL] CyanogenMod 13 [18/12/2016]

Guest chil360

Guest anotherjib
8 hours ago, alias5000 said:

What steps did you (anotherjib) perform to set up Apps2db on your phone?
Edit: specifically: which mounting method did you use (default, init.d, su.d?)

Glad you made it. Mine is just 8 gb. On apps2sd I am using the init.d option.

Guest anotherjib

With me 24/07 is quite unstable, freezes frequently, and I had several reboots. Phone is perceptibly warm. Battery drain is serious, even when charging it never reaches 100%.

On top of that I cannot access my google contact list, in fact contacts are absent among the google account sync items. Contacts app is only using local data, when I try to add my google account to it, the system responds with "Unfortunately, Email has stopped".

The only positive thing is that Quickoffice seems to work quicker. It always was very slow before.

I wonder whether it is better to reinstall it or revert to an earlier build. Do others experience anything similar?

Update -

seems like the problem was more on the gapps side. Previous build was not able to fetch my contacts from the Google account with 23/07 opengapps either. However 24/07 build with 14/07 opengapps did it. (Although some strange things happened along the way)

It now works, is less laggy, although there still are occasional 5-6 second freezes, the phone warms up, and there is significant battery drain.

Update 2 - and also sometimes it reboots when sending an sms. VERY inconvenient.

Edited by anotherjib

Guest Nemesix2
21 minutes ago, Alsking said:

Is good for daily use?

Probably not yet. It still has random reboots, with Gapps, even Pico versions, it's just slow (I haven't tried without Gapps myself, because I really depend on the Play Store), my phone takes like 1-2 seconds before it can exit any application in order to go back to the menu when pressing the home button, games still are and will most likely be slow and laggy forever, as there is no GPU driver, camera still crashes (at least for me), etc.

I would recommend this for testing, not daily use. If at a further point where things get more stable you want Material Design on your phone and need no games, then sure go for it.

Guest anotherjib
On 02/08/2016 at 2:21 AM, Nemesix2 said:

Probably not yet. It still has random reboots, with Gapps, even Pico versions, it's just slow (I haven't tried without Gapps myself, because I really depend on the Play Store), my phone takes like 1-2 seconds before it can exit any application in order to go back to the menu when pressing the home button, games still are and will most likely be slow and laggy forever, as there is no GPU driver, camera still crashes (at least for me), etc.

I would recommend this for testing, not daily use. If at a further point where things get more stable you want Material Design on your phone and need no games, then sure go for it.

I can confirm some reboots, and fc with camera, dialer and contacts (have to use truedialer). As for speed, with apps2sd linking everything non-system from sd, boot manager preventing some background activity, minimal cpu frequency 480MHz, smartmax governor and sioplus io scheduler it is quite ok for me.

Edited by anotherjib

Guest Orlikkk

"Note: To fix AOSP keyboard with opengapps pico remove the file: /system/lib/libjni_latinimegoogle.so" - не решает проблему. Я сначала установил прошивку, без Gapps. Скопировал файл "/system/lib/libjni_latinime.so" в корень карты памяти. Вышел в TWRP - полный сброс("With Opengapps, it must be installed at the same time as the rom. Installing at a later time causes FC's when the phone is rebooted") - заново установил прошивку - установил Gapps. Перезагрузил телефон. Удалил в /system/lib/ два файла libjni_latinimegoogle.so и libjni_latinime.so . Переместил, ранее скопированный на SD карту libjni_latinime.so обратно в папку /system/lib/. Выставил разрешения. Перезагрузился.  Не знаю зачем, но работает :)

Guest anotherjib
On 04/08/2016 at 0:35 AM, Orlikkk said:

"Note: To fix AOSP keyboard with opengapps pico remove the file: /system/lib/libjni_latinimegoogle.so" - не решает проблему.

У меня решает. Захожу через adb shell и делаю rm /system/lib/libjni_latinimegoogle.so

При этом /system/lib/libjni_latinime.so вообще не трогаю, она на месте. Клавиатура работает

Guest Orlikkk

Захожу через adb shell и делаю rm /system/lib/libjni_latinimegoogle.so При этом /system/lib/libjni_latinime.so вообще не трогаю, она на месте.

Я не нашел этого в инструкции, начал импровизировать. Про " adb shell " не зал...

Edited by Orlikkk

Guest anotherjib

Another strange thing happened with the 31/07 build - recent apps switcher stopped working. Also from adb, when I say  "input keyevent KEYCODE_APP_SWITCHER" from adb shell, all that happens is that the back-home-menu buttons light up for few seconds and go out again.

Might be related - even more strange: after that happened, also when I want to open developer options (in settings) the response is "Developer options are not available for this user"

Tried a solution to the same combination of problems that I found on one of the forums without success: when issuing

am start -n com.google.android.setupwizard/.SetupWizardTestActivity

(through adb shell) I get

Error: Activity class {com.google.android.setupwizard/SetupWizardTestActivity} does not exist.

(I am root in adb shell).

Edited by anotherjib

Guest SPAM2k

I've bought a Y300-001 today, for using on holdays (e.g. reading news feeds on beach).
It is on stock firmware at the moment. Should I update to CM? I would use the external sd card as internal disc, if it's possible.
Is the CM13 to unstable to use? Which latest CM version is stable/ more stable?

Thank you very much!

Guest Nemesix2
1 hour ago, SPAM2k said:

I've bought a Y300-001 today, for using on holdays (e.g. reading news feeds on beach).
It is on stock firmware at the moment. Should I update to CM? I would use the external sd card as internal disc, if it's possible.
Is the CM13 to unstable to use? Which latest CM version is stable/ more stable?

Thank you very much!

My suggestion is that as long as you don't go further than 4.2.2 when it comes to ROMs, your phone should be stable. If you want to go further and experiment you can try ROMs with higher versions of android, like the one in this thread.

Guest Carontes

I've installed the 14/08 version and I admit that is very fast if you consider it is an old phone running Marshmallow. With Open GApps no problems, no lags, it remain fast as if GApps aren't installed. I've downloaded the aroma version of GApps. If you wanna try follow this steps:

1) Download GApps aroma version

2) Flash it and be sure that all voices are unchecked; press next until the operation is completed

3) Wipe dalvik/cache and reboot

These are the bugs I've found:

1) Busybox isn't installed

2) Trebuchet: when I select "Big icons" the icons remain small. In settings when I select "horizontal scroll" it remains vertical (in the drawer)

3) Proximity sensor doesn't work during a phone call

4) I can't flash SuperSU, this is the error (It works downloading from play store but if I want to flash it I can't):

boot image patcher
finding boot image
boot image: not found, aborting

5) Camera sometimes works and sometimes don't

Could you update the apps like Audiofx and Camera? I've installed a newer version of AudioFX with also the support of MaxxAudio and it works. I've installed also a newer version of the Camera but it's like the previous one.

For now the only big problem (for me) is the 3rd one, the others are "small" problems.

Anyway thank you for this fantastic ROM.

Edited by Carontes

Guest anotherjib
9 hours ago, Carontes said:

I've installed the 14/08 version and I admit that is very fast if you consider it is an old phone running Marshmallow. With Open GApps no problems, no lags, it remain fast as if GApps aren't installed. I've downloaded the aroma version of GApps. If you wanna try follow this steps:

2) Flash it and be sure that all voices are unchecked; press next until the operation is completed

2) Trebuchet: when I select "Big icons" the icons remain small. In settings when I select "horizontal scroll" it remains vertical (in the drawer)

4) I can't flash SuperSU, this is the error (It works downloading from play store but if I want to flash it I can't):

boot image patcher
finding boot image

Could you update the apps like Audiofx and Camera? I've installed a newer version of AudioFX with also the support of MaxxAudio and it works. I've installed also a newer version of the Camera but it's like the previous one.

For now the only big problem (for me) is the 3rd one, the others are "small" problems.

What exactly do you mean by "all voices unchecked"?

I once tried it with aroma but it was unstable. I think I unselected too many things then, do you know what can be safely dropped and what should be kept?

Concerning supersu - I think I read on some forum that cm is not really compatible with it and that in principle it is not needed on cm since root access is chosen by you.

On the other hand I have suspicion that most of the fc and crashes are because system actually fails to grant access to various apps.

As for busybox - the first thing I install is apps2sd (I move everything non-system to the external sd) and it comes with busybox.

And - thanks for very informative post!

Edited by anotherjib

Guest Carontes

What exactly do you mean by "all voices unchecked"?

When you start the aroma version it asks you if you want that all the items your going to check must be the one you want to install or you don't want to install, choose the first option (the one you want to install) then be sure that all the items/voices/apps are unchecked so it will install only the core (play store and play services) and nothing more. You have to flash it immediately after the ROM is flashed. If you wanna try make a nandroid backup first and let me know. Perhaps the result may vary from a device to another one. Do you have the proximity sensor problem?

For busybox I added some scripts in init.d folder and when I tried to start them in the emulator there was written "busybox is not installed". Maybe apps2sd installs busybox if it's not installed.

Edited by Carontes

Guest Nemesix2
18 hours ago, Carontes said:

boot image patcher
finding boot image

Regarding your steps: Pico Gapps work better and are already slimmed to the max, and Busybox shouldn't be integrated with the ROM as not everyone (including me) wants to have it there just to take space because it's not used. It's up to you whether to install it by yourself or not.

And the thing with SuperSU - there is already root access in CM. You just have to unlock Developer Options, it's there.

It's obvious that the camera has some weird issues on 4.3+ ROMs for this device. It seems unlikely that it will be fixed anytime soon. The only one that can confirm this is @chil360.

Guest Carontes

I gave an extra solution to all the people that have lags even when they install Pico GApps. For me the system is smooth just as if GApps aren't installed. Yeah, I know that the ROM is already rooted and I have to unlock it in developer options but I always used SuperSU and I prefer it to the one integrated in the ROM. It's not a big deal since it could be installed from Play Store. The only problem is the sensor proximity that doesn't work, every time I want to close a phone call (and the screen is turned off) I have to press the power button, unlock the lock screen (so if I have a password/pattern I have to use it) and then turn off the call. I don't know if you have the same problem but for me it's annoying.

Edited by Carontes