[DEV][ROM][5.2.] LineageOS 13 (Android 6.0.1) for ZTE Open C / Kis 3

Guest KonstaT

Guest xfoneguy

Took a crash-course the past week and finally figured this stuff (most of it anyway) out.... flashed my Open C/Kis 3 w/CM13 and installed corresponding GAPPS - or at least it says that it installed. But I'm not sure about the APPS - as far as I can tell, I have none. No "Play Store" - nothing. When I use the built-in Browser (no Chrome either) there is an "install" button that shows up for apps but when I select it, I get a webpage that says something like "page not available". Any ideas of what I might be doing wrong?

Guest vellow
10 hours ago, xfoneguy said:

Took a crash-course the past week and finally figured this stuff (most of it anyway) out.... flashed my Open C/Kis 3 w/CM13 and installed corresponding GAPPS - or at least it says that it installed. But I'm not sure about the APPS - as far as I can tell, I have none. No "Play Store" - nothing. When I use the built-in Browser (no Chrome either) there is an "install" button that shows up for apps but when I select it, I get a webpage that says something like "page not available". Any ideas of what I might be doing wrong?

Core Gapps should be flashed, its in the first post. I believe Play Store must be included even if you download the minimum install package like pico gapps. 

Edited by vellow

Guest xfoneguy
5 hours ago, vellow said:

Core Gapps should be flashed, its in the first post. I believe Play Store must be included even if you download the minimum install package like pico gapps. 

Thank you - I need to read all next time. That worked - I have it all now, though this is probably too much for this phone.  I should have used a minimum install as I'm having trouble with updates because I'm out of room already. But that's my problem. Thanks again!

Edited by xfoneguy

Guest vellow
1 hour ago, xfoneguy said:

Thank you - I need to read all next time. That worked - I have it all now, though this is probably too much for this phone.  I should have used a minimum install as I'm having trouble with updates because I'm out of room already. But that's my problem. Thanks again!

You can use titanium backup to uninstall / move some gapps to sdcard, but not all of those gapps could be moved to sd card.

Or you can use system app uninstaller ( download in play store )  and remove all apps that begin with "Google...". And install another smaller gapps, you must activate root for this option.

Edited by vellow

Guest xfoneguy
22 hours ago, vellow said:

You can use titanium backup to uninstall / move some gapps to sdcard, but not all of those gapps could be moved to sd card.

Or you can use system app uninstaller ( download in play store )  and remove all apps that begin with "Google...". And install another smaller gapps, you must activate root for this option.

Thank you - that will be a huge help. I'm getting quite an education here.

Guest KonstaT
On 3/22/2016 at 11:27 AM, xfoneguy said:

On 3/22/2016 at 1:00 PM, vellow said:

If you want to switch to another gapps package (or remove any modifications you've done to /system), boot to recovery -> format /system -> install ROM -> install gapps. You won't lose your data/settings/etc.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Jutie

@KonstaT thanks your support for ours ztekis3 v811w. I've successful flash this cm13 with GAPPS (Pico) and dual sim patch zip. But my sim card can't be detected. Do I miss some steps? I've done all your steps on the OP anyway. 

Guest KonstaT
7 hours ago, Jutie said:

@KonstaT thanks your support for ours ztekis3 v811w. I've successful flash this cm13 with GAPPS (Pico) and dual sim patch zip. But my sim card can't be detected. Do I miss some steps? I've done all your steps on the OP anyway. 

Do you mean the dual-SIM patch in the third post of this thread? Do you have two SIM icons in the notification area and do you have dual-SIM options in Settings menu? You might need to boot your device once before installing that patch. There's also two altenative ways to enable the dual-SIM property.

Guest vellow
2 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Why? What is wrong with the patch in the third post?

I dont know my friend, i just trying to help others. That patch from this link, i've been uploaded again, has been downloaded for 72 times now, but no one complaining if it doesnt work or if it does work, so i just assuming if it work.

For the patch it self, as i'm just a beginner, i dont see any differences with your patch.

Edited by vellow

Guest KonstaT
51 minutes ago, vellow said:

I dont know my friend, i just trying to help others. My patch has been downloaded for 72 times now, but no one complaining if it doesnt work or if it does work, so i just assuming if it work.

For the script it self, as i'm just a beginner, i dont see any differences with your script.

Please, any comment from others dual sim user? I cant do clean install right now since my sd card is full now, cant do a nandroid backup.

What makes it 'your' patch when you've just copied it from Xperia M XDA thread? ;) People are usually accustomed to give credit to the original author and link the source.

There is no 'script' in the patch that is in the third post. It sets one persistent system property. Xperia M patch sets three properties (two of which shouldn't be necessary). If something other than that one property is needed, I want to know what and why. That's why I need to ask these questions because I don't have a dual-SIM device to test with.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest vellow
1 hour ago, KonstaT said:

What makes it 'your' patch when you've just copied it from Xperia M XDA thread? ;) People are usually accustomed to give credit to the original author and link the source.

There is no 'script' in the patch that is in the third post. It sets one persistent system property. Xperia M patch sets three properties (two of which shouldn't be necessary). If something other than that one property is needed, I want to know what and why. That's why I need to ask these questions because I don't have a dual-SIM device to test with.

Yes, my mistake, it wasnt my script, i just uploaded again to see how much user been download it. I was curious too if it really help someone else. The proper credit goes to your link.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=65104843&postcount=49

And yes, it wasnt a script, its only build.prop property.

For your question, what and why, i cant answer it, since i dont have any knowledge about it. I still learn it from you.

Update : i have edit my previous post, sorry for missleading about what i meant actually.

searching in all over of xda thread, looks like this line is also important. "ro.telephony.ril.config=simactivation" ( but, i still dont know why )... :)

Edited by vellow

Guest KonstaT
44 minutes ago, vellow said:

Yes, my mistake, it wasnt my script, i just uploaded again to see how much user been download it. I was curious too if it really help someone else. The proper credit goes to your link.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=65104843&postcount=49

And yes, it wasnt a script, its only build.prop property.

For your question, what and why, i cant answer it, since i dont have any knowledge about it. I still learn it from you.

Update : i have edit my previous post, sorry for missleading about what i meant actually.

searching in all over of xda thread, looks like this line is also important. "ro.telephony.ril.config=simactivation" ( but, i still dont know why )... :)

Happens all the time. Not so fun when it's your own work and something you've spent significant time on.

Maybe that other property is needed as well. That's why I'm asking...

Edited by KonstaT

Guest xfoneguy
On 3/23/2016 at 9:48 AM, KonstaT said:

If you want to switch to another gapps package (or remove any modifications you've done to /system), boot to recovery -> format /system -> install ROM -> install gapps. You won't lose your data/settings/etc.

You're a mind-reader too?  Thanks again - I was just going to ask that very question! 

Guest obliterate

hey konstat. you might remember me from fastboot thread, but now, that i got it working, i flashed cwm and flashed cm13. It was so beautiful and gorgeous, until now, few days later its slower than sh*t...when i press the power button, the hardware keys light up and then i need 1-3 seconds for screen to show me lock screen, then, it operates slowly, apps take years to start, then to expit even more years, sometimes it does go fast, but background is black and i cant do anything a while. do you have any idea for performance tweaks except setting in battery performance becaue it drains battery fast. any help will be apricciated

Guest KonstaT
34 minutes ago, obliterate said:

hey konstat. you might remember me from fastboot thread, but now, that i got it working, i flashed cwm and flashed cm13. It was so beautiful and gorgeous, until now, few days later its slower than sh*t...when i press the power button, the hardware keys light up and then i need 1-3 seconds for screen to show me lock screen, then, it operates slowly, apps take years to start, then to expit even more years, sometimes it does go fast, but background is black and i cant do anything a while. do you have any idea for performance tweaks except setting in battery performance becaue it drains battery fast. any help will be apricciated

That's not normal. It's most likely due to some app/setting/tweak/hack you've done yourself and you need to trace your own steps to figure it out.

Guest obliterate

ive installed clash of clans, youtube, es file explorer. terminal emulator, google play games and nothing else, but now im switching to cm12.1  to see results

Guest stadtmobi

I also have some performance problems but i've installed a lot of application.

I didn't use any tweaks or hacks. I will try to find and report the memory-hungry apps

Guest stadtmobi

First results:

Deactivated AudioFX (headphones and speakers) and deinstalling µg UnifiedNlp (no GAPPS)  (https://f-droid.org/repository/browse/?fdfilter=wifi&fdid=org.fitchfamily.android.wifi_backend) really increased the performance.

---------

@KonstaT I remarked this morning that the alarm clock crashes while the alarm rings and i try to touch the onscreen snooze/cancel button.

The alarm clock also crashes when i try to open the settings (widget settings do work).

I think it's a general problem with the default alarm clock application because of the logcat output (below)

Edit: Found the same issue here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s2/development-derivatives/rom-cyanogenmod-13-t3223808/post65866609#post65866609

03-27 22:39:54.133 13840-13840/com.android.deskclock E/AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main
                                                                       Process: com.android.deskclock, PID: 13840
                                                                       Theme: themes:{}
                                                                       java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to resume activity {com.android.deskclock/com.android.deskclock.SettingsActivity}: java.util.IllegalFormatConversionException: %d can't format java.lang.String arguments
                                                                           at android.app.ActivityThread.performResumeActivity(ActivityThread.java:3137)
                                                                           at android.app.ActivityThread.handleResumeActivity(ActivityThread.java:3168)
                                                                           at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2515)
                                                                           at android.app.ActivityThread.-wrap11(ActivityThread.java)
                                                                           at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1363)
                                                                           at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
                                                                           at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:148)
                                                                           at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5461)
                                                                           at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
                                                                           at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:726)
                                                                           at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:616)
                                                                        Caused by: java.util.IllegalFormatConversionException: %d can't format java.lang.String arguments
                                                                           at java.util.Formatter.badArgumentType(Formatter.java:1489)
                                                                           at java.util.Formatter.transformFromInteger(Formatter.java:1689)
                                                                           at java.util.Formatter.transform(Formatter.java:1461)
                                                                           at java.util.Formatter.doFormat(Formatter.java:1081)
                                                                           at java.util.Formatter.format(Formatter.java:1042)
                                                                           at java.util.Formatter.format(Formatter.java:1011)
                                                                           at java.lang.String.format(String.java:1554)
                                                                           at android.content.res.Resources.getQuantityString(Resources.java:483)
                                                                           at com.android.deskclock.Utils.getNumberFormattedQuantityString(Utils.java:799)
                                                                           at com.android.deskclock.SnoozeLengthDialog.setSummary(SnoozeLengthDialog.java:93)
                                                                           at com.android.deskclock.SettingsActivity$PrefsFragment.refresh(SettingsActivity.java:285)
                                                                           at com.android.deskclock.SettingsActivity$PrefsFragment.onResume(SettingsActivity.java:132)
                                                                           at android.app.Fragment.performResume(Fragment.java:2263)
                                                                           at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(FragmentManager.java:1008)
                                                                           at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(FragmentManager.java:1148)
                                                                           at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(FragmentManager.java:1130)
                                                                           at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.dispatchResume(FragmentManager.java:1963)
                                                                           at android.app.FragmentController.dispatchResume(FragmentController.java:174)
                                                                           at android.app.Activity.performResume(Activity.java:6348)
                                                                           at android.app.ActivityThread.performResumeActivity(ActivityThread.java:3126)
                                                                           at android.app.ActivityThread.handleResumeActivity(ActivityThread.java:3168) 
                                                                           at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2515) 
                                                                           at android.app.ActivityThread.-wrap11(ActivityThread.java) 
                                                                           at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1363) 
                                                                           at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102) 
                                                                           at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:148) 
                                                                           at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5461) 
                                                                           at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method) 
                                                                           at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:726) 
                                                                           at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:616) 
03-27 22:39:54.143 724-1308/system_process W/ActivityManager:   Force finishing activity com.android.deskclock/.SettingsActivity
03-27 22:39:54.149 724-1308/system_process W/ActivityManager:   Force finishing activity com.android.deskclock/.DeskClock

Edited by stadtmobi

Guest KonstaT
11 hours ago, stadtmobi said:

@KonstaT I remarked this morning that the alarm clock crashes while the alarm rings and i try to touch the onscreen snooze/cancel button.

The alarm clock also crashes when i try to open the settings (widget settings do work).

I think it's a general problem with the default alarm clock application because of the logcat output (below)

Edit: Found the same issue here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s2/development-derivatives/rom-cyanogenmod-13-t3223808/post65866609#post65866609

Yeah, that's CyanogenMod - sht get broken (and fixed) all the time. My builds are equivalent to nightly builds so it's in the bleeding edge.

There seems to be two separate issues with DeskClock. Settings crash was fixed couple days ago (https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/NIGHTLIES-2671). Alarm crash might only affect e.g. HDPI devices if anyone else hasn't noticed it yet.

You can use /system/app/DeskClock/DeskClock.apk from 20160308 build for now. It doesn't have neither of these issues.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

I received my spare sdcard (part 2) a while back and finally had time to play around with the adaptable storage. Still no idea what's wrong with it. :o There's nothing useful in logs (logcat, dmesg). It's not an issue with cryptfs (encrypting device works fine). It's not a SELinux issue. Adoptable storage feature works on my other devices running CM13 so it might be something to do with this device only having primary physical sdcard.

I'm going to remove the option format sdcard as internal storage if/when there's another build.

Guest vellow
3 hours ago, KonstaT said:

I received my spare sdcard (part 2) a while back and finally had time to play around with the adaptable storage. Still no idea what's wrong with it. :o There's nothing useful in logs (logcat, dmesg). It's not an issue with cryptfs (encrypting device works fine). It's not a SELinux issue. Adoptable storage feature works on my other devices running CM13 so it might be something to do with this device only having primary physical sdcard.

I'm going to remove the option format sdcard as internal storage if/when there's another build.

I was playing with your latest build, but i combined with boot.img from your " 20160108" build, i got my internal storage back.

Hope that information help.

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, vellow said:

I was playing with your latest build, but i combined with boot.img from your " 20160108" build, i got my internal storage back.

Hope that information help.

Were both talking about formatting external sdcard as internal storage, right? Back? AFAIK it's never worked. :o

8 minutes ago, obliterate said:

stadtmovi did you figure out how to increase performance a bit, and have you guys managed to find fix for alarm?

11 hours ago, KonstaT said:

You can use /system/app/DeskClock/DeskClock.apk from 20160308 build for now. It doesn't have neither of these issues.