[DEV][ROM][5.2.] LineageOS 13 (Android 6.0.1) for ZTE Open C / Kis 3

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
6 hours ago, Besatt07 said:

Hi Konsta, i want to report a bug or error, sometimes (It does not always happen.) when i want to unistall some app my kis 3 restarts without reason, i have no idea why that happens, i have your latest build of CM13.

It's not a bug report without a log. ;) That would tell exactly why it happens...

Guest Besatt07
8 hours ago, KonstaT said:

It's not a bug report without a log. ;) That would tell exactly why it happens...

Well, but how i can get log?

Guest KonstaT
21 hours ago, Besatt07 said:

Do you develop CyanogenMod 14 when it becomes available?

There's no point in point speculating that. I'll most likely do something with Android N on some device. Is it this device, is it CyanogenMod - I don't know.

As long as Qualcomm supports msm8974 (it's still going to be supported for a looong time) it shouldn't be much of problem to support the smaller B-family 'siblings' (msm8226/msm8610). Though this device is already stretched with 512mb of RAM and Qualcomm haven't officially supported those device since Android 5.0.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest coolizard

Hi. I installed this ROM recently. Before, I've been using the last build of CM12.1 by @KonstaT. But seems that this ROM is more slow (opening apps, unlocking, start a phone call, touch responsiveness, etc.). Did a clean install. Is this normal? And there is some way to increase performance?

Thanks for the amazing work.

Edited by coolizard

Guest Tartine

Thanks for your great work KonstaT. But I'm having issues with CM 13 with SIM card, I can't export from the SIM card my contacts. However, it works like a charm with your last CM 12.1 build. It seems that my battery stay longer than with Firefox OS 2.2. I think I'll stay a little bit more on CM 12.1 for the moment. I have a french ZTE Open C version.

Your contribution is very important, thanks a lot. Very important especially because of the end of Firefox OS official support by Mozilla.

PS : Has someone tested Pokémon Go on Open C with CM 13 (or CM 12.1) ? I think this game is too heavy for this phone :-(

Edited by Tartine

Guest Donatdonat

Hello !

Thank you very much @KonstaT for your amazing work :-). I am following your instructions, but I have a question now that I installed Android 4.4.2. I cannot (or do not find) access to Google Services, and so connect my Google account to my Open C. Is this a know issue, or did I missed a step ?

Thank you all :-)

Guest KonstaT
3 hours ago, Donatdonat said:

Hello !

Thank you very much @KonstaT for your amazing work :-). I am following your instructions, but I have a question now that I installed Android 4.4.2. I cannot (or do not find) access to Google Services, and so connect my Google account to my Open C. Is this a know issue, or did I missed a step ?

Thank you all :-)

???

This is CM13 (Android 6.0.1). I don't what Android 4.4.2 you're talking about...

Guest Donatdonat

I installed it thanks to the link you provide :

"Important. Prerequisites!!! You need to install Android KitKat on your Open C first (e.g. EU_FFOS+to+Android.zip will do)."

It's working fine, except for the Google Services connection I'm talking about. Which means no Play Store, or access to my contacts saved on my Google account. Should I continue to CM13 (Android 6.0.1) in order to access it ?

Guest KonstaT
33 minutes ago, Donatdonat said:

I installed it thanks to the link you provide :

"Important. Prerequisites!!! You need to install Android KitKat on your Open C first (e.g. EU_FFOS+to+Android.zip will do)."

It's working fine, except for the Google Services connection I'm talking about. Which means no Play Store, or access to my contacts saved on my Google account. Should I continue to CM13 (Android 6.0.1) in order to access it ?

Stock Firefox OS is based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. You need to install EU_FFOS+to+Android.zip so that you have KitKat (Android 4.4) bootloader/modem that are compatible with ROMs posted here (RIL/wifi won't work otherwise).

I don't understand what the problem is with the stock 4.4.2 not having Google apps if you were not planning on using it. Just flash CM and gapps (if you want to have Google apps).

Edited by KonstaT

Guest naitsirch

Hi KonstaT.

After getting your last CM (v13.0-20160507) ROM successfully installed on my Open C, I noticed that the SIM card could not be detected. I rebooted several times, tried to get out the SIM card and put back again. But nothing helped. Then I flushed your CM 12.1 ROM with the same result.

After that I flushed the Android 4.4 ROM and now the SIM card is detected again. So it seems like there is something wrong with CM, your build or I did something wrong.

Do you have any idea what I could do know? I read something about updating the radio firmware which could help. But I could not found any radio firmwares for the Open C :-(

Guest KonstaT
25 minutes ago, naitsirch said:

Hi KonstaT.

After getting your last CM (v13.0-20160507) ROM successfully installed on my Open C, I noticed that the SIM card could not be detected. I rebooted several times, tried to get out the SIM card and put back again. But nothing helped. Then I flushed your CM 12.1 ROM with the same result.

After that I flushed the Android 4.4 ROM and now the SIM card is detected again. So it seems like there is something wrong with CM, your build or I did something wrong.

Do you have any idea what I could do know? I read something about updating the radio firmware which could help. But I could not found any radio firmwares for the Open C :-(

People really don't bother reading anything. :( This was just discussed above...

On 11/24/2015 at 5:08 PM, KonstaT said:

Important. Prerequisites!!! You need to install Android KitKat on your Open C first (e.g. EU_FFOS+to+Android.zip will do).

On 7/23/2016 at 8:04 PM, KonstaT said:

Stock Firefox OS is based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. You need to install EU_FFOS+to+Android.zip so that you have KitKat (Android 4.4) bootloader/modem that are compatible with ROMs posted here (RIL/wifi won't work otherwise).

Guest naitsirch
15 hours ago, KonstaT said:

People really don't bother reading anything. :( This was just discussed above...

Hi KonstaT,

I have read your instructions and tried to flush your Android KitKat build with the ZTE Update Tool, but it gave me an error. In your instructions you do not mention that the recovery image has to be flushed first and THEN your Android KitKat ROM must be installed with ClockworkMod. This was not obvious to me as I am new to all these Android and Cyanogen flushing.

You are right. I have not read all 10 pages of this forum topic. But I have searched with google for solutions to this problem and could only find the hint with the radio firmware (maybe I've used the wrong search term).

Sorry for that.

But after doing it this way, it works well, now :-)

Guest KonstaT
53 minutes ago, naitsirch said:

Hi KonstaT,

I have read your instructions and tried to flush your Android KitKat build with the ZTE Update Tool, but it gave me an error. In your instructions you do not mention that the recovery image has to be flushed first and THEN your Android KitKat ROM must be installed with ClockworkMod. This was not obvious to me as I am new to all these Android and Cyanogen flushing.

You are right. I have not read all 10 pages of this forum topic. But I have searched with google for solutions to this problem and could only find the hint with the radio firmware (maybe I've used the wrong search term).

Sorry for that.

But after doing it this way, it works well, now :-)

It is not "my" KitKat build. It's official ZTE firmware that I've only mirrored because it's not available in the original source anymore (http://en.comebuy.com/developer-firefox-os-open-c.html). You're supposed to flash EU_FFOS+to+Android.zip with the stock Firefox OS recovery. That's the first and only step to 'convert' your Firefox OS device to an Android device. Everything after that is exactly the same as on Kis 3 (installation instructions on the third post). I haven't said anything about using ZTE Update Tool and I certainly haven't provided any firmware for that.

Glad you got it sorted out, but I'm sure you would have gotten there quicker if you'd just read the first three posts of this thread.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest naitsirch
On 25.7.2016 at 1:39 PM, KonstaT said:

You're supposed to flash EU_FFOS+to+Android.zip with the stock Firefox OS recovery. That's the first and only step to 'convert' your Firefox OS device to an Android device. Everything after that is exactly the same as on Kis 3 (installation instructions on the third post). I haven't said anything about using ZTE Update Tool and I certainly haven't provided any firmware for that.

Yes, you are right. But you didn't mention how to install the EU_FFOS+to+Android.zip. For somebody who has not done that before (I have done that some time ago with FFOS 2.2, but that was another workflow and I did not remember exactly how it worked) this is not obvious. You just said:

You need to install Android KitKat on your Open C first (e.g. EU_FFOS+to+Android.zip will do).

Maybe you could add one or two more sentences about this to your instructions. That would help newbies like me ;-)

Now, something else what I have noticed: There is no clock on the lockscreen. I am missing this very much as I use my phone as my watch. This has been reported here and on Cyanogen's bugtracker, too. So I guess you can't do anything about it, right?

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, naitsirch said:

Now, something else what I have noticed: There is no clock on the lockscreen. I am missing this very much as I use my phone as my watch. This has been reported here and on Cyanogen's bugtracker, too. So I guess you can't do anything about it, right?

You mean there's no clock in the statusbar when in lockscreen (like in those reports - IMO not an issue)? Because there's one big ass clock widget in the middle of the locksceen that's quite hard to miss. :o

CM bugtracker is only meant for officially supported device with M-releases ('stable'). You can use it for reporting issues on unofficial builds. Both those reports are about CM11 (Android 4.4) anyway - this is CM13.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
16 hours ago, arifvox said:

this work for ZTE V815W ?

Why would it? It's completely different device with completely different hardware.

Guest naitsirch
On 26.7.2016 at 9:58 PM, KonstaT said:

You mean there's no clock in the statusbar when in lockscreen (like in those reports - IMO not an issue)? Because there's one big ass clock widget in the middle of the locksceen that's quite hard to miss. :o

No, I have no clock widget on my lockscreen. Are there apps or special settings to achieve that? Here's how my lockscreen looks like and on the right side there's my home screen.

Screenshot_20160727-180503.jpg