[DEV][ROM][5.2.] LineageOS 13 (Android 6.0.1) for ZTE Open C / Kis 3

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Here's an early taste of Marshmallow for ZTE Open C / Kis 3 (Beeline Smart2, Moche/MEO Smart A16, ZTE V811W, ZTE V811, Skinny V811, Optus Hop Smart, ZTE Blade M, etc). It is unofficial and unsupported by the CyanogenMod/LineageOS team. It's for advanced users only.

Important. Prerequisites!!! You need to install Android KitKat on your Open C first (e.g. EU_FFOS+to+Android.zip will do). You also need to have this ClockWorkMod or this TWRP recovery installed.

Screenshot_20151124-162924.pngScreenshot_20151124-163002.png

Do not mirror my builds! Please post a link to this page instead.

lineage-13.0-20170205-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-kis3.zip
http://konstakang.com/devices/kis3/CM13

Google apps:
The Open Gapps Project

Working:

• RIL (mobile network, SMS & data)
  • Wifi
  • Audio (playback/input/routing/headphones/etc)
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera (photos, camcorder & panorama)
  • FM radio
  • GPS
  • Hardware acceleration and OpenGL rendering
  • Hardware video decoding & encoding
  • SD card
  • USB-storage (on external sdcard) & adb
  • USB-tethering
  • Wifi-tethering
  • Touchscreen/multi-touch
  • Sensors
  • LEDs

Not working:

• ???

Important!!! If you’re using my open sourced work as a part of your project, be fair and give proper credits, and contribute back by keeping your project open source as well. I've put countless hours of my spare time into this project and I deserve at least this (I'm not getting paid to do this). Free and open source doesn't mean without respect!

Sources:

• CyanogenMod/LineageOS team & everyone who's been working on CM13
Like my work?
btn_donate_LG.gif
Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Merged commits not mentioned in the changelog.

5.2. 2017 changelog:

• rebrand to LineageOS
  • patch known vulnerabilities in kernel (CVE-xxxx-xxxx, and more)
  • Android security patch level: 1 January 2017 (merged)

24.10. changelog:

• patch known vulnerabilities in kernel (CVE-2016-2059, CVE-2016-0819, CVE-2016-2068, CVE-2016-3768, CVE-2016-3813, CVE-2016-7117, CVE-2016-6828, CVE-2016-6683, CVE-2015-8839, CVE-2016-3809, CVE-2016-4486, CVE-2016-7042, and more)
  • add lockscreen blur feature
  • CM's new dexopt screen (merged)
  • Android security patch level: 5 October 2016 (merged)

9.8. changelog:

• patch known vulnerabilities in kernel (CVE-2016-3951, CVE-2016-3138, CVE-2016-3156, CVE-2016-3134, CVE-2016-2847, CVE-2016-2549, CVE-2016-2547, CVE-2016-2546, CVE-2016-2545, CVE-2016-2384, CVE-2016-4482, CVE-2016-4805, CVE-2016-2465, CVE-2016-2468, CVE-2016-2066, CVE-2016-4470, CVE-2015-4177, CVE-2016-3135, CVE-2016-2504, CVE-2016-5340, and more)
  • add kernel patch for DriveDroid
  • CM's new off mode charging screen (1,2)
  • Android security patch level: 5 August 2016 (merged)

7.5. changelog:

• Lockscreen : Bunch-o-fixes (merged)
  • Android security patch level: 1 May 2016 (merged)

23.4. changelog:

• disable adoptable storage feature for now
  • patch known vulnerabilities in kernel (CVE-2015-1805, CVE-2016-0821, CVE-2015-8785, CVE-2015-7509, CVE-2016-0774)
  • Android security patch level: 2 April 2016 (merged)

18.3. changelog:

• change rotation sensor timestamp

8.3. changelog:

• add proximity wake gesture on supported devices
  • download A-GPS data automatically
  • patch known vulnerabilities in kernel (CVE-2015-7550, CVE-2016-0723)
  • Android security patch level: 1 March 2016 (merged)

7.2. changelog:

• SELinux enforcing
  • switch to Snap camera app
  • Android security patch level: 1 February 2016 (merged)

8.1. 2016 changelog:

• patch known vulnerabilities in kernel (CVE-2015-8543, CVE-2015-8575)
  • Android security patch level: 1 January 2016 (merged)
  • first batch of translations (merged) 

13.12. changelog:

• patch known vulnerabilities in kernel (CVE-2015-5697, CVE-2015-7872, CVE-2015-8539, CVE-2015-8215)
  • Android security patch level: 1 December 2015 (merged)
  • Android 6.0.1 (merged)

2.12. changelog:

• sync with upstream

24.11. changelog:

• initial relase

Previous builds:

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

How to install:

1. boot into ClockWorkMod
  2. backup and restore -> backup (create a nandroid backup of your current ROM)
  3. mounts and storage -> format /system
  4. wipe data and factory reset
  5. install lineage-13.0-xxxxxxxx-KonstaKANG-kis3.zip
  6. install open_gapps-arm-6.0-pico-xxxxxxxx.zip
  7. reboot now
  8. if/when recovery asks to fix root - choose no

FAQ:

Q: I can't find developer options and performance settings, why?
A: Settings -> About phone -> Click 'Build number' several times

Q: I don't have reboot options in power menu, why?
A: Settings -> Developer options -> Advanced reboot 

Q: I have no root, why? What is that hashtag on my status bar?
A: Settings -> Developer options -> Root access. Root management is now integrated as part of CM's Privacy Guard and you can manage per app permissions under Settings -> Privacy -> Privacy Guard. You'll have a persistent notification in the status bar when you're running an app that uses root permissions. 

Q: When I'm connected with an USB cable to my computer, I can't see my internal sdcard as a storage, why?
A: I've made an executive decision not to include a mount point for internal sdcard. This is because recent Android versions don't allow setting emulated sdcard as secondary storage. Setting rather small emulated sdcard as a primary storage caused issues with games/apps that want to download large amounts of data to the sdcard. Also partition layout is different on Open C and Kis 3 and internal sdcard is handled differently between device variants.

Q: 'OK Google' voice command doesn't work, why? There's no Google Now page on the homescreen, why?
A: These are features of proprietary Google Now Launcher. 'OK Google' voice command is also disabled on low memory devices (you can enable it by removing/commenting/changing to false 'ro.config.low_ram=true' in /system/build.prop).

Q: There's only a home button on an Open C. How is this going to work?
A: There's 'hidden' back and menu keys on left and right side of the home button. There's also an option to use software navigation bar instead of the capacitive keys.

Q: There's an option to enable auto-brightness but it doesn't work, why? Proximity sensor doesn't work either...
A: Open C doesn't have ambient light/proximity sensor. Some Kis 3 variants on the other hand do, so that's why I've kept the support.

Q: How do I enable dual-SIM features on my V811W?
A: Install patch from this post.

Q: There's a notification about configuring sdcard on the first boot. Which option should I choose?
A: Selecting to use sdcard as 'internal storage' will format sdcard to EXT4 filesystem and encrypt it. This means you can't use your sdcard outside this ROM (CWM/TWRP recovery on this device, any other phone, tablet, computer with sdcard reader, etc)! Selecting to use sdcard as 'portable storage' (or ignoring the notification) and your sdcard continues to work like with previous Android versions.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Hoooooo, root doesnt work what i do??

Root works just fine. You need to enable it in developer options as always (FAQ, third post).

CM is migrating from busybox to toybox and there's few things broken in command line because of that (e.g. can't remount /system writable at the moment). Some file manager apps are affected as well, likely other root apps, too.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest rafaelweed

Ok thanks, i was trying to delete some syst apps and i couldn't delete them.

So basically i can't delete system apps, right??

Ps: i was trying to delete e-mail and the music app because i prefer poweramp.

Guest KonstaT

Ok thanks, i was trying to delete some syst apps and i couldn't delete them.

So basically i can't delete system apps, right??

Ps: i was trying to delete e-mail and the music app because i prefer poweramp.

You can mount /system in recovery and remove what ever you like in command line (TWRP also has a built in file manager). Or you can just remove .apks from the ROM zip before flashing it...

Guest alex21rus

Good day, please do firmware to work properly with cyanogenmod 13, annex phone cyanogenmod crash when you try to call, others okay.

Edited by alex21rus

Guest KonstaT

Good day, please tell me why can't I install game ASPHALT 7? Will there be support heavy games in the next version? Thanks. 

Good day, please do firmware to work properly with cyanogenmod 13, annex phone cyanogenmod crash when you try to call, others okay.

Making and receiving calls works just fine.

If you have something 'not working', provide a logcat and/or exact steps to reproduce the issue or I can't help you.

Guest alex21rus

Посылка и прием вызовов работает просто отлично.

Если у вас есть что-то "не работает", обеспечивают LogCat и / или точные шаги, чтобы воспроизвести проблему, или я не могу вам помочь.

The interpreter translated crooked, transcribed text, decided to try the the application cyanogenmod app's, resulting in a crash on the call interface see 12.1 all normal

Edited by alex21rus

Guest KonstaT

The interpreter translated crooked, transcribed text, decided to try the the application cyanogenmod app's, resulting in a crash on the call interface see 12.1 all normal

So you're talking about C-Apps? I highly doubt those are even supposed to work with CM13 at this point (and there's no reason why you would need to install them anyway).

How can i change DPI? All programs say "Access denied" or "Access your supauser". I want to change it without reinstalling CM13.

Edited by PIOS

Guest KonstaT

How can i change DPI? All programs say "Access denied" or "Access your supauser". I want to change it without reinstalling CM13.

Edit /system/build.prop and change value of ro.sf.lcd_density. Or wait for the next build, LCD density option was just recently added.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest CatLover9

This looks good KonstaT I saved this zip in my Google drive and when I get my other phone I am going to play with it. but i have one question can you get doze mode on it because it will be very useful and if it has can you tell me how to activate it?

P.S: you are AWESOME!

Guest KonstaT

Solved the problem installed Xposed and Intelli3G, and the network is only 3G works.

Xposed is a problem itself, hardly a solution to anything. :P

... but i have one question can you get doze mode on it because it will be very useful and if it has can you tell me how to activate it?

'Doze' is not going to happen. Device needs to have sensor HAL that supports reporting 'significant motion'. It's not that useful for phones anyway. It's designed for devices that you don't carry with you and that you don't necessarily even use every day (e.g. tablets). It needs the device to remain idle for several hours to kick in anyway.

'App standby' is another new feature and you can manage it under Settings -> Battery -> MENU -> Battery optimization.