[DEV][ROM][5.2.] LineageOS 13 (Android 6.0.1) for ZTE Open C / Kis 3

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, LoJo said:

Thanks for your work ;-)

But is there a procedure to come back to FFOS on an ZTE OpenC after using CM ?

Thanks

Sure, there's EU_Android+to+FFOS.zip in the same package that is linked under prerequisites in the OP.

There's also the Windows flasher route to switch between Firefox OS and Android (if you also want to change partition layout).

Ok. I found it.

I installed successfully EU_Android+to+FFOS.zip but the splash screen is still an android logo (green robot). I tested ZTE root tool, but it stops at 2% without success. How can I recover FFOS logo at boot ?

Edit : I think there is a mismatch version. I have an OpenC EU Fr and I think the zip file is for a OpenC EU Ebay : when booting on FF recovery

Edited by LoJo

Guest KonstaT
10 hours ago, LoJo said:

Ok. I found it.

I installed successfully EU_Android+to+FFOS.zip but the splash screen is still an android logo (green robot). I tested ZTE root tool, but it stops at 2% without success. How can I recover FFOS logo at boot ?

Edit : I think there is a mismatch version. I have an OpenC EU Fr and I think the zip file is for a OpenC EU Ebay : when booting on FF recovery

[HOW-TO] Change Open C / Kis 3 splash screen

There's several French Firefox OS firmware available at the stock ROMs thread. Both recovery flashable and also for Windows flash tool.

This discussion really doesn't belong to CM13 thread.

Guest Kévin Heydens

Thanks you KonstaT, card sim work ! but i would like change recovery KIS III v2 to CWM but I couldn't, i send recovery-cwm6051-kis3 by fastboot but when i reboot, it's normal boot and when i come back in recovery mode I see the same recovery KIS III v2 and I could update CM (installation aborded...). Anyway it's better i could call ! :D

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, Kévin Heydens said:

Thanks you KonstaT, card sim work ! but i would like change recovery KIS III v2 to CWM but I couldn't, i send recovery-cwm6051-kis3 by fastboot but when i reboot, it's normal boot and when i come back in recovery mode I see the same recovery KIS III v2 and I could update CM (installation aborded...). Anyway it's better i could call ! :D

Custom recoveries will warn about being overwritten when you first boot out. Select option to prevents that (or delete/rename/change permission /system/etc/install-recovery.sh).

No idea what this has to do with CM13 again...

Guest KonstaT
On 8/26/2016 at 1:00 AM, Besatt07 said:

Hello again KonstaT, some time ago i reported a soft reboot when i tried to uninstall some apps, today this bug still going and i don't know why. 

This time i got logcat while i was uninstalling WhatsApp, obviously it occurred soft reboot.

Here is logcat https://mega.nz/#!sgUElZ4R!IlbF9JUUhQ_xmFY2wcoxbJ8ogGuiwQiRwpkSW_cUOf0

Sorry, can't support devices with third party hacks (xposed, Link2SD, etc) that are known to cause issues. You've moved the app to sdcard and who knows what you've moved with Link2SD. Try to reproduce your issue with a clean installation.

Edited by KonstaT

• 2 weeks later...
Guest j€nish
On Sunday, November 29, 2015 at 10:34 PM, KonstaT said:

Can you make Nokia x2 for cm13 interninternetand help cm12.1 2nd sim internet enableCan you make noiaCan you help for Not

Not read thisAbove

Read this

Can you make Nokia x2 for cm13( ril enable for help) 

And cm12.1 2nd sim inter

*internet for help please please

Edited by j€nish

On 9/8/2016 at 5:29 PM, j€nish said:

Can you make Nokia x2 for cm13 interninternetand help cm12.1 2nd sim internet enableCan you make noiaCan you help for Not

Not read thisAbove

Read this

Can you make Nokia x2 for cm13( ril enable for help) 

And cm12.1 2nd sim inter

*internet for help please please

I read all of it but it still doesn't make any sense. :P

Sure, I can do all kinds of things. Send me a device first.

• 4 weeks later...

Any idea why I only see 2 GB of storage (/system + /data + /cache) even though ZTE Open C is supposed to have 4 GB? (see attached screenshot of partition info)

I'm running the latest build 20160809 and am new to both this device and ROM.

Btw, at first I couldn't believe it that there's Marshmallow for this device :D Great work!

partition_info.png

Edit:

Ok, I've seen the light. The part in the FAQ about about internal SD card is about this.

More details in another thread:

Edited by ghola
Found the answer

Guest KonstaT
7 hours ago, Peyton said:

Any chance about an update ?

Great thing about open source is that you can do that yourself anytime. :)

Maybe at some point but there's no immediate plans. I still have the device but haven't even touched it in a long time...

I don't have enough knowledge to do anything that can boot on my zte C.. :D

It wasn't to put pressure or anything, just a naive question. Thanks for the answer.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dannyYos

Fantastic rom, I'm exploring it whole day. Without google play store installed, phone is very responsive. I'm curious, is it possible to implement tap to wake feature?

Edited by dannyYos

Guest KonstaT
23 hours ago, dannyYos said:

Fantastic rom, I'm exploring it whole day. Without google play store installed, phone is very responsive. I'm curious, is it possible to implement tap to wake feature?

Sure, why not. I'm not going to do it though if that was what you were asking. :P

Guest KonstaT

New build.

cm-13.0-20161024-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-kis3.zip
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767103794
md5:2b9ab5e2c802fc2813280386d7145c79

-patch known vulnerabilities in kernel (CVE-2016-2059, CVE-2016-0819, CVE-2016-2068, CVE-2016-3768, CVE-2016-3813, CVE-2016-7117, CVE-2016-6828, CVE-2016-6683, CVE-2015-8839, CVE-2016-3809, CVE-2016-4486, CVE-2016-7042, and more)
-add lockscreen blur feature
-CM's new dexopt screen (merged)
-Android security patch level: 5 October 2016 (merged)

Guest dannyYos
1 hour ago, KonstaT said:

Sure, why not. I'm not going to do it though if that was what you were asking. :P

Fair enough. :) And what about cm14, will you port it to our device? P.S I'm a poor guy but I admire hard work you are putting in this, how can I donate to you?

Guest KonstaT
27 minutes ago, dannyYos said:

Fair enough. :) And what about cm14, will you port it to our device? P.S I'm a poor guy but I admire hard work you are putting in this, how can I donate to you?

I haven't really even started with Nougat yet. There's no current plans but we'll see. This device is already quite stretched as it is and it maybe better to retire it. There's no specific technical reason why this device couldn't run Nougat.

There's a donate button in the first post of this thread (and below).

Like my work?

Guest dannyYos

Yeah, cm14 is probably a overkill but the mere fact that we can get the latest software for our cheap zte while many other way more expensive phones are stucked with older android versions is mindblowing. I used my zte as very sluggish kodi remote, now I can use it for everything else, just like my other phone. What's your next project? On which phone you're gonna work next, so I can buy it and use another rom of yours :)

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, dannyYos said:

Yeah, cm14 is probably a overkill but the mere fact that we can get the latest software for our cheap zte while many other way more expensive phones are stucked with older android versions is mindblowing. I used my zte as very sluggish kodi remote, now I can use it for everything else, just like my other phone. What's your next project? On which phone you're gonna work next, so I can buy it and use another rom of yours :)

No new phone plans. Plenty of things to hack with the devices I already have.

Guest dannyYos
On 10/24/2016 at 10:49 PM, KonstaT said:

No new phone plans. Plenty of things to hack with the devices I already have.

What was the greatest challenge in porting cm to our device? I guess it was making everything work on the small amount of ram of this phone.

Edited by dannyYos