Turkish official 5.1 available

Guest lunario

Guest Cryptochrome

Noob talking here...

I want to ask a few questions:

Do you need to be rooted?

If you don't can I have the install method in English?

Will I be able to get OTA updates without flashing after doing this?

Is this a final official build?

Do you think Vodafone will release 5.1 in the UK?

Finally, would it be possible to revert back to 5.0.2?

Thanks.

Edited by Cryptochrome

Guest lunario

No one will know if they'll release a Portugese 5.1.1 (or a UK or any other country) although I can't see why they wouldn't.

There is no fully working CM 12.1 build, you'll find a link somewhere on here but I wouldn't recommend it if you only have the one phone and you need it to work.

google translation from Turkish forum

Hello everyone,

Smart 6 update coming to all users, but shipping is done on the server in a planned upgrade side.
- The first shipment was sent to 10,000 devices and observation to be made after 3 days
- The second submission is not a problem after three days of observation than 10,000 device and will be sent back to a 3-day observation period.
- The second observation is successful, the software will be sent to Vodafone's 12 countries.

The reason for this, Vodafone does not affect users of Smart 6 errors that resource updates.
4 On 12 December 2015 at the latest country to Vodafone (Vodafone including Turkey) will be opened to all users.

Guest lunario

Noob talking here...

I want to ask a few questions:

Do you need to be rooted?

If you don't can I have the install method in English?

Will I be able to get OTA updates without flashing after doing this?

Is this a final official build?

Do you think Vodafone will release 5.1 in the UK?

Finally, would it be possible to revert back to 5.0.2?

Thanks.

1- no you dont need root

2 - rom has English language

3ª yes

4 yes its latest turkish offical 5.11 and the only one for now

5 yes you can revert loosing all data

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

So... Update or wait for UK 5.1 update?

SU6 is my only phone so can't really afford to lose it!

Update. What exactly would you be waiting for? 5.1.1 is 5.1.1, it runs well by the way - VERY well. :)

Guest Cryptochrome

Update. What exactly would you be waiting for? 5.1.1 is 5.1.1, it runs well by the way - VERY well. :)

GGoddammit you're making this hard for me! My only concern is (because I'm new to all this flashing stuff (and no I'm not a 90 year old man)) is would it work as well as the official, proper, real, legitimate, UK update?

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

GGoddammit you're making this hard for me! My only concern is (because I'm new to all this flashing stuff (and no I'm not a 90 year old man)) is would it work as well as the official, proper, real, legitimate, UK update?

It's so easy, just do it. There will be ZERO difference, except a few Turkish apps which you can remove yourself anyway. Not sure what being 90 or not has to do with it, but hey - go for it :)

Guest Cryptochrome

It's so easy, just do it. There will be ZERO difference, except a few Turkish apps which you can remove yourself anyway. Not sure what being 90 or not has to do with it, but hey - go for it :)

When I said I'm not 90 I meant I'm not some old codger who has no idea what they're doing  I just extracted all the stuff and that but now it says there's no update package on the SD card :( 

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

When I said I'm not 90 I meant I'm not some old codger who has no idea what they're doing  I just extracted all the stuff and that but now it says there's no update package on the SD card :( 

Ha ha, I see! Yeah, but age doesn't dictate knowledge. Anyway...

You've extracted the "update.zip" which is within the ZIP you downloaded, right? You then need to put that on a separate micro SD card on its root, and then proceed. 

PS: Contrary to popular mythology and hearsay, it's usually best to update using the recovery method, and not from within the booted OS.

Edited by macbreakweeklyfan

Guest Cryptochrome

Ha ha, I see! Yeah, but age doesn't dictate knowledge. Anyway...

You've extracted the "update.zip" which is within the ZIP you downloaded, right? You then need to put that on a separate micro SD card on its root, and then proceed. 

sorry but my noobness is back :(

Firstly, are you saying I need 2 SD cards?

And what is the SD root?

Thanks.

EDIT: I extracted the update.zip in the same location, iif that helps. :)

Edited by Cryptochrome

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

sorry but my noobness is back :(

Firstly, are you saying I need 2 SD cards?

And what is the SD root?

Thanks.

That's alright :)

No, you just need one micro SD card of at LEAST 2Gb in size. What you do is unZIP the ZIP file you downloaded, and inside the extracted folder will be another ZIP called "update.zip" - you format the micro SD card to FAT32, and then drag the "update.zip" directly onto that card, and then put it into your phone and proceed.

"Root",  in computer terminology, means the absolute starting point for the filesystem. Think of a box inside a box inside a box - you can think of the nesting of those boxes as a filesystem structure on a computer. Imagine you have a ball, and that ball is a file - if you put the ball inside the OUTERMOST box, it would be in the "root", as there are no lower levels of box for it to be contained within.

I hope that clarifies matters.

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

YES IT'S WORKING!

BUT MY PHONE IS BEING A MAJOR TROLL AND IS CHARGING AT 40% SO IT WONT LET ME INSTALL!!! BLOODY HELL

Screenshot_2015-11-28-18-32-22.png

Well done you :D

I flashed mine at 23% - you're better to wait for the battery to be at 40%, although personally I think possibly 40% is a little too much caution, but best to have too much battery than for it to die during the flash (it takes about 10 mins or less to flash, and as an electronics engineer I can't see 23% going flat in that time, especially if it's charging simultaneously). 

However, you can bypass this nonsense by flashing in recovery mode (the alternative way) by using the key press combination which I don't remember (probably because there's so many Androids and so many variations, and Google didn't have the common sense or foresight to declare a standard key press combination for all Android devices, so each make decides on their own finger twisting sequence, which is more than slightly silly).

If I have time I'll post it, later. 

Guest fluxcapacitor

Soooo i've just made my very first ever custom rom :)

Would you guys like it?

I removed all the vodafone & 3rd party random bloat apps.

Changed the bootanimation to android M boot animation

removed the vodafone chrome branding. 

It roots itself after installation too.

It's basically a nice clean ROM!

p.s im unemployed at the mo if anyone wants to buy me a beer :)

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

Soooo i've just made my very first ever custom rom :)

Would you guys like it?

I removed all the vodafone & 3rd party random bloat apps.

Changed the bootanimation to android M boot animation

removed the vodafone chrome branding. 

It roots itself after installation too.

It's basically a nice clean ROM!

p.s im unemployed at the mo if anyone wants to buy me a beer :)

Well done that man :))

I'm not sure offers anything to me that I can't do myself, and I'm the kinda guy who likes to be in complete control of my platform, but thank you for offering;  I'm certain it will bring great pleasure to many other people. :)

Guest Cryptochrome

Well done you :D

I flashed mine at 23% - you're better to wait for the battery to be at 40%, although personally I think possibly 40% is a little too much caution, but best to have too much battery than for it to die during the flash (it takes about 10 mins or less to flash, and as an electronics engineer I can't see 23% going flat in that time, especially if it's charging simultaneously). 

However, you can bypass this nonsense by flashing in recovery mode (the alternative way) by using the key press combination which I don't remember (probably because there's so many Androids and so many variations, and Google didn't have the common sense or foresight to declare a standard key press combination for all Android devices, so each make decides on their own finger twisting sequence, which is more than slightly silly).

If I have time I'll post it, later. 

OK, so I flashed from the booted OS because I forgot what you previously said :P BUT it works perfectly! It's so smooth and basically a polished version of 5.0.2 :D I did get a few Google play services errors when I signed into my Google accounts though... Haven't had any since luckily :)

Also, thanks for your help :)

Guest BlueMoonRising

OK, so I flashed from the booted OS because I forgot what you previously said :P BUT it works perfectly! It's so smooth and basically a polished version of 5.0.2 :D I did get a few Google play services errors when I signed into my Google accounts though... Haven't had any since luckily :)

I'm UK based and installed the Turkish rom, you'll have no trouble at all. It's definitely smoother and I've come across no bugs at all. The only downside (if you can call it that) was the sheer number of Turkish apps that get installed but every single one can be uninstalled as they're not system apps. I'm almost tempted to root to get rid of some of the Google bloat that I never ever use anyway.

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

Well however you did it, well done you :)

You're welcome, God bless you. 

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

hi ,can anybody upload the 5.1 turkey rom in other server(MEGA;Zippishare...) i am downloading now from zte ..75KB/s please

Try "Flashget" download manager. Hope that was helpful :)

Guest Cryptochrome

Macbreakweeklyfan, I couldn't quote your post, but could you tell me how to update Google play services and stop the errors? I only get them after booting up the phone but they can still bother me.

Thanks