f1ux ROM [5.1.1] Stock - [Debloated] [Debranded] [MR02B] [TWRP] [01-12-2015]

Guest fluxcapacitor

Guest itseggious

Just flashed this! Went back to Turkish Stock to do so.

V. Happy bunny... looking forward to v2 hate the fact you cant remove apps from system even when rooted :(

Guest smokerman

well im on stock rooted Turkish and i didnt have any probs remove the 2 Vodafone sys apps plus some of the google ones . used titanium ( paid version)

so why you dont flash PT version? its the same rom but with OUR language..its the same rom..although this debloated version can be fine, we can do that with titanium..my rom is super light..i ve removed most of the trash from oficial turkey rom..

Guest cashflow67
On 29.11.2015 00:22:09, fluxcapacitor said:

f1ux Rom
5.1.1 lollipop

*Stock based rom (Turkish but will multiple languages)
*Google play services updated - (not yet)
*Google apps updated - (not yet)
*Debloated

*Debranded
*Default prop edits
*Boot animation changed to stock MM Android.

*Modified boot.img
*Root

IF THIS BREAKS YOUR PHONE,DON'T BLAME ME.
THIS IS MY FIRST EVER ATTEMPT AT MAKING A ROM BUT I'VE FLASHED IT TO MY PHONE AND IT WORKS FINE!

-----------------------------------------------------------
Requirements:  

This ROM needs to be flashed via TWRP
You NEED TWRP that supports 5.1.1  (r
ecovery-twrp2870-p839v55-5.1.1.img)

I haven't tested if you can flash and boot the 5.1.1 recovery while on 5.0.2 rom.

For the mo, update to 5.1.1 stock, root, then install twrp for 5.1.1
-----------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------
WARNING:
This will WIPE your current installation.
------------------------------------------------

HAVE YOU READ ALL THE ABOVE?

Download link:

Download link

Is there any system write protection? Because on 5.0.2(Turkey Rom MR01D) I had /system partition write protection, after reboot my all doings (removing system apps, editing build prop file etc.) were reverted so my root process was only a lie! What do you say?

Guest fluxcapacitor
33 minutes ago, cashflow67 said:

Is there any system write protection? Because on 5.0.2(Turkey Rom MR01D) I had /system partition write protection, after reboot my all doings (removing system apps, editing build prop file etc.) were reverted so my root process was only a lie! What do you say?

Some VF SU6 phones have been tweaked by ZTE so we can't get proper read/write access to /system. 
It seems to be later ones with higher serial numbers I think.

As of yet there is no way around it other than making mods via ADB while booted into TWRP.

I have a more debloated rom ready but going to wait until I have my hands on the UK 5.1.1 rom before releasing. 

Guest patient81

Help, anyone

Installed this rom last night and very much enjoying it, great work @fluxcapacitor.

I booted into TWRP to install xposed and that seemed to work well but when I rebooted the phone it's stuck on the 'powered by android' black screen. 

I have tried different button combinations to get into TWRP but nothing is working.

One other thing to mention, I have a write protected device so had copied over an edited build.prop within TWRP to /system and set the correct permissions (644) and I'm starting to suspect that is the cause of my issue. 

Any ideas? 

OK, managed to get into TWRP and checked /system with the file manager... it was empty! I managed to delete the whole thing. Re-flashing f1ux rom as we speak!

Mind how you go folks.

Edited by patient81
Update

Guest fluxcapacitor

Rom updated to V2.

Stripped more google apps
SDcard should now have read-write access.

Still haven't figured out how to integrate the newer google play services. (n00bie!)

fyi: I reverted to 5.0.2 earlier and was able to flash and boot into the 5.1.1 recovery.
You may be able to update from 5.0.2 to 5.1.1 using V2. Give it a try and let me know!

Guest patient81
Rom updated to V2.

Stripped more google apps

SDcard should now have read-write access.

Still haven't figured out how to integrate the newer google play services. (n00bie!)

fyi: I reverted to 5.0.2 earlier and was able to flash and boot into the 5.1.1 recovery.

You may be able to update from 5.0.2 to 5.1.1 using V2. Give it a try and let me know!

I updated to version 1 from stock 5.0.2 by flashing the latest twrp then your rom. No issues FYI.

Is it OK to dirty flash over V1?

Guest fluxcapacitor
28 minutes ago, patient81 said:

I updated to version 1 from stock 5.0.2 by flashing the latest twrp then your rom. No issues FYI.

Is it OK to dirty flash over V1?

I would assume it should be OK, you'll have to update google services again though.
If in doubt, just make TWRP backup beforehand

Guest LiNe171
Help, anyone

Installed this rom last night and very much enjoying it, great work @fluxcapacitor.

I booted into TWRP to install xposed and that seemed to work well but when I rebooted the phone it's stuck on the 'powered by android' black screen. 

I have tried different button combinations to get into TWRP but nothing is working.

One other thing to mention, I have a write protected device so had copied over an edited build.prop within TWRP to /system and set the correct permissions (644) and I'm starting to suspect that is the cause of my issue. 

Any ideas? 

OK, managed to get into TWRP and checked /system with the file manager... it was empty! I managed to delete the whole thing. Re-flashing f1ux rom as we speak!

Mind how you go folks.

If you replace your build.prop with other build.prop, the phone 'dies'

Guest patient81
Help, anyone Installed this rom last night and very much enjoying it, great work @fluxcapacitor.

Any ideas? 

Mind how you go folks.

Not quite, I hadn't mounted the system in twrp which is a simple error on my part.

Managed to swap out the build.prop with my edited one and it's running well, nothing has died.

Guest nhmanas
Help, anyone Installed this rom last night and very much enjoying it, great work @fluxcapacitor.

Any ideas? 

Mind how you go folks.

I successfully recovered my phone after replacing build.prop

Twrp was working and just restored system partition from my old backup

It's strange some people talking about chmod and they're successfull

Guest fluxcapacitor

I was able to replace the build prop in TWRP.  Maybe you made the same mistake as me first time round. Everyone says when it says set permissions, choose 644.  But in TWRP you should actually type 0644.

Guest macbreakweeklyfan
14 minutes ago, nhmanas said:

I successfully recovered my phone after replacing build.prop

It's strange some people talking about chmod and they're successfull

A mode change or user change is extremely powerful, and literally changes everything; I can't see why that is strange - it's entirely logical. The power of ugo and rwx are part of why Unix-based systems are so secure, and so efficient.

Edited by macbreakweeklyfan

Guest nhmanas

14 minutes ago, nhmanas said: I successfully recovered my phone after replacing build.prop

"It's strange some people talking about chmod and they're successfull

A mode change or user change is extremely powerful, and literally changes everything; I can't see why that is strange - it's entirely logical. The power of ugo and rwx are part of why Unix-based systems are so secure, and so efficient."

Is there a way to set permissions rw- on system partition on system protected phones?

Edit: and keep after reboot

Guest fluxcapacitor
14 minutes ago, nhmanas said:

Is there a way to set permissions rw- on system partition on system protected phones?

I'm still trying to find out. I've asked some experienced dev's to see if they have any idea why it's not working.

In theory, with the current settings it should work, except it doesn't.  Well, it does for some but not for others!

Guest fluxcapacitor
21 minutes ago, patient81 said:

Seeing a few random reboots on V1 and V2, anyone else?

I've had one on V2. Not sure why yet.

EDIT: and again. Pulling download link! 
It booted into safe mode.   Vol Down and power off gets you back into 'normal' mode.

Edited by fluxcapacitor

Guest macbreakweeklyfan
1 hour ago, nhmanas said:

A mode change or user change is extremely powerful, and literally changes everything; I can't see why that is strange - it's entirely logical. The power of ugo and rwx are part of why Unix-based systems are so secure, and so efficient."

If you had the permission to change the permissions, you could do whatever you wanted to, but since you don't, you cannot.

Edited by macbreakweeklyfan