Official UK 5.1.1 OTA now rolling out

Guest Frostyjim

Guest fluxcapacitor

I'm reverting to uk stock to try and nab the update.zip to re-upload at the moment.

EDIT: hmm reverted to 03c and it says no update found.

Edited by fluxcapacitor

Guest Frostyjim
9 minutes ago, fluxcapacitor said:

I'm reverting to uk stock to try and nab the update.zip to re-upload at the moment.

EDIT: hmm reverted to 03c and it says no update found.

Got a copy of 03c recovery?

Guest fluxcapacitor
11 minutes ago, Frostyjim said:

Got a copy of 03c recovery?

This is 03c stock recovery, flashable via TWRP .  http://www.modaco.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=94759

Currently manually updating 03c>01d and hoping it shows the update then.

EDIT: Now on 01d and it still says "Your software is up to date"

Edited by fluxcapacitor

Guest BlueMoonRising
12 hours ago, fluxcapacitor said:

This is 03c stock recovery, flashable via TWRP .  http://www.modaco.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=94759

Currently manually updating 03c>01d and hoping it shows the update then.

EDIT: Now on 01d and it still says "Your software is up to date"

if it's true they're rolling out the UK version it's probable that they'll do it in a phased fashion to stop everyone hitting the servers at the same time for a 1GB file. I've already put the Turkish version on mine so can't tell.

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

I reverted back to UK stock, checked and checked over the course of today, every hour or so, I've really got better things to do so I've gone back to Turkish 5.1.1; can't see how it's gonna be any diff really, it's perfectly okay, and hey - it's 5.1.1 after all, and it's not as if the built in stock apps are gonna jump off the screen and attack me! :D

Edited by macbreakweeklyfan

Guest Cryptochrome

I'm running the Turkish 5.1.1. Works fine but I want to know if the UK one is any different (I live in UK). Also, will running the Turkish version affect the ability to get future UK updates?

Thanks

Guest cashflow67
3 hours ago, Cryptochrome said:

I'm running the Turkish 5.1.1. Works fine but I want to know if the UK one is any different (I live in UK). Also, will running the Turkish version affect the ability to get future UK updates?

Thanks

as far as I know you can't get UK updates. You get only Turkey updates.

Guest lunario

updates will come no matter of operator zte will made them available ( i think its by serial number ) that why some has them other don't they will appear sooner or later

Edited by lunario

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

I've been regularly polling the ZTE update server several times a day, by reverting to UK stock once a day, checking for updates, then upgrading to the last "MR" (maintainence release) of 5.0.2 UK, polling again etc, so i can upload it for you all. I have "adb logcat" and "Fiddler" by my side, waiting and ready to sniff that ZIP for us :)

Take care all. God bless.

Guest macbreakweeklyfan
2 hours ago, AbuRyu said:

Its come up for me. I'm downloading it as I type

Do you know how to use "logcat"? Please reply if you need help in capturing the OTA, we can help you :) thank you

Guest Frostyjim

Irish ota now rolling out too. Will lrevert back to Irish ROM and upload ota if anyone canntell me how exactly to extract it/where it does be saved.

Guest macbreakweeklyfan
2 hours ago, Frostyjim said:

Irish ota now rolling out too. Will lrevert back to Irish ROM and upload ota if anyone canntell me how exactly to extract it/where it does be saved.

All you need to do is  enable USB debugging in dev options (if you don't have dev options, go to "Settings >> About Phone" and keep tapping on "build number" until it says you're a developer, then close settings, reopen settings and you'll see "{ }. Developer options" at the bottom of the list; open that, turn on USB debugging, confirmed the pop-up which verifies your computer as authorised and then...

Open a terminal (cmd) window and enter:
"adb logcat > otalog.txt"

Leave that window open as you check for and download the update, then, once it's downloaded, go to the terminal (cmd) window and keep doing CTRL C until it stops, then upload "otalog.txt" here, and I'll try and find the download URL. 

Thank you :)

Guest neilmasters
7 minutes ago, macbreakweeklyfan said:

All you need to do is  enable USB debugging in dev options (if you don't have dev options, go to "Settings >> About Phone" and keep tapping on "build number" until it says you're a developer, then close settings, reopen settings and you'll see "{ }. Developer options" at the bottom of the list; open that, turn on USB debugging, confirmed the pop-up which verifies your computer as authorised and then...

Open a terminal (cmd) window and enter:
"adb logcat > otalog.txt"

Leave that window open as you check for and download the update, then, once it's downloaded, go to the terminal (cmd) window and keep doing CTRL C until it stops, then upload "otalog.txt" here, and I'll try and find the download URL. 

Thank you :)

You will need the ADB drivers installed on your PC to do this, that might be worth mentioning.