Why can't I update or root?

Guest dulpit

Hello all. I picked up one of these phones yesterday and so far, so impressed. One thing is bothering me, I can't seem to get OTA updates or acquire root. Would appreciate help with either.

My phone is Irish, and is running the IE02C version. As far as I know there should be at least 1 update beyond this for Ireland. Have tried to find update, no joy. I switched to UK version (via links here), and again tried to update OTA, no joy (and as far I as I can tell there are possibly 2 updates available for UK). It's all very strange.

With regards to getting root, I have tried Kingo & Wondershare MobileGo, both fail for me. From what I've read, these should have worked very easily. I miss my titanium backup & adblocker, any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all!

Guest brackehill_mob

I've got 2 of these phones. My wife's rooted easily with MobileGo but i had to run it 3 times on mine to get root. Keep trying. When you succeed get twrp on it and then install SuperSu via twrp otherwise you'll lose root when you reboot.

Guest lunario
Hello all. I picked up one of these phones yesterday and so far, so impressed. One thing is bothering me, I can't seem to get OTA updates or acquire root. Would appreciate help with either.

My phone is Irish, and is running the IE02C version. As far as I know there should be at least 1 update beyond this for Ireland. Have tried to find update, no joy. I switched to UK version (via links here), and again tried to update OTA, no joy (and as far I as I can tell there are possibly 2 updates available for UK). It's all very strange.

With regards to getting root, I have tried Kingo & Wondershare MobileGo, both fail for me. From what I've read, these should have worked very easily. I miss my titanium backup & adblocker, any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all!

Ireland still waiting for. The 5.1.1 update. Those 2 updates for 5.0.2 are no more

You must wait for update to appear on ota. Try getting temp root install twrp and install supersu through there

Guest shadowprime4512

For me root worked only with kingroot, but only on a clean android install before login into google services. Maybe it was just a coincidence but it was the only way i got a successful temporary root.

Guest Jim Darcy
On 23/10/2015, 10:34:10, Jim Darcy said:

Could somebody please upload the ota for Ireland ? my software update isn't working for some reason and I am stuck on build IE02c

I am having the exact same problems ,cant root or get updates

Guest cashflow67
On 02.12.2015 18:26:58, lunario said:

Only uk has the update on ota besides Turkey and not all phones yet

I'm from Turkey and  using Turkey Rom TR03C. You are right there is no OTA update. But on official site, it says there is update one large file. will I get this 5.1.1 update?

Guest shadowprime4512
4 minutes ago, cashflow67 said:

I'm from Turkey and  using Turkey Rom TR03C. You are right there is no OTA update. But on official site, it says there is update one large file. will I get this 5.1.1 update?

Just get it from the zte support site, is the same thing as OTA.

Guest cashflow67
3 minutes ago, shadowprime4512 said:

Just get it from the zte support site, is the same thing as OTA.

I did it last week. But my phone didn't open again. After SDCard update, my phone reboots and said "system update installing", phone didn't boot again, not even recovery! I'm really scared of doing same thing. My phone returned from Technical Service today. I don't know should I wait for OTA update or making sdcard update again :(

Guest cashflow67
4 minutes ago, lunario said:

Ota is only update no wipe on ZTE site is full ROM só it Will wipe all the informação from the Phone like a factory reset

It isn't important for me to wipe informations. 

Guest cashflow67
16 minutes ago, lunario said:

Gra the full ROM then put on sdcard then update

I will try. I hope this time it doesn't die :(

Edited by cashflow67

Guest cashflow67
45 minutes ago, lunario said:

Remember you need to be on stock recovery

I'm in stock recovery, stock rom, no root, no modified. I'm doing now. I will report

Guest Jim Darcy
On 01/12/2015, 18:05:09, Jim Darcy said:

I am having the exact same problems ,cant root or get updates

Funny, got a message this morning telling me that an update is available (5.1)

Edited by Jim Darcy

• 1 month later...
Guest bladebuddy

This worked for anyone, flashed the stock rom, didn't sign in, tried 4 different kingroot versions & mobilego root option, phone rebooted but root failed. Drivers installed e.t.c. Would like to know if folks with write protection managed to get root as I must be doing something wrong. Bought the device last Friday so I am guessing its write protected.