SPEEDY ROM [DEBLOATED] [DEBRANDED] [DEODEXED] ANDROID 5.1.1 mr02b

Guest smokerman

Guest Textman

I'm a bit skeptical. Half the people here are saying it lags and bootloops and the other half say it's perfect. I'll do a nandroid backup then try this out.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest whispers

Trying this ROM out - seems pretty good to me. I'm using a couple of xposed modules, no perceptible lag. No bugs that I've noticed so far (been running it for nearly 2 days), although I haven't used all functions.

The only thing is, I'm getting popup ads from Vodafone. These are like an overlay over any other app open, and don't show up in the app list. Does anyone know how to prevent them? I have a feeling it may be connected to Message+, but I'm not sure (esp as this ROM is supposed to have all that Vodafone stuff removed). Do I need to install Message+, turn off the messages and then uninstall it?

12 hours ago, _Drifter_ said:

Can I use this rom if I have a R/W protection because the xposed lag on R/W protection devices?

xposed only lags if you dont do the build.prop change, how many times must i repeat myself.....

Guest BlueMoonRising
17 hours ago, kunft said:

xposed only lags if you dont do the build.prop change, how many times must i repeat myself.....

I've not rooted or (obviously) tried Xposed on this phone so don't shout at me:) If you've got the R/W protected system versions of the phone I thought the build.prop changes didn't stick? Or did I get that wrong?

8 hours ago, BlueMoonRising said:

I've not rooted or (obviously) tried Xposed on this phone so don't shout at me:) If you've got the R/W protected system versions of the phone I thought the build.prop changes didn't stick? Or did I get that wrong?

just put the modified build.prop in place with twrp and it will work

Guest aplocky884

Hi, I absolutely love this Rom and it really speeds up my phone.... One problem though, chrome doesn't seem to work properly, Idk if anyone else is having this issue as well but it doesn't seem to load any pages... Hopefully there is either a simple fix or it can be sorted out in an update? Thanks in advance! 

Edited by aplocky884

• 2 weeks later...
Guest whispers

Having an intermittent problem since using this ROM:

My phone is set to reboot at 5am every day.

Every few days I will wake up to find the phone running slowly and malfunctioning, with notifications that I have "Not enough storage space for the system". Neither internal memory or the SD card are near full (although I don't know about the actual system partition).

I'm pretty sure that the problem is arising immediately after the 5am reboot, as I can see the battery history taking a nosedive at 5am and until the second reboot on boot. Another reboot (when I can finally get it to register enough screen presses to reboot) resolves the issue, although this second reboot takes a long time (around 10 mins) as it spends a long time optimising apps "Optimising app 129 of 190" etc.

So the question is: is this ROM-related, or something else?

Guest aplocky884
1 hour ago, whispers said:

Every few days I will wake up to find the phone running slowly and malfunctioning, with notifications that I have "Not enough storage space for the system". Neither internal memory or the SD card are near full (although I don't know about the actual system partition).

I'm pretty sure that the problem is arising immediately after the 5am reboot, as I can see the battery history taking a nosedive at 5am and until the second reboot on boot. Another reboot (when I can finally get it to register enough screen presses to reboot) resolves the issue, although this second reboot takes a long time (around 10 mins) as it spends a long time optimising apps "Optimising app 129 of 190" etc.

Yep it's ROM related, I've stopped using this ROM recently cos I just needed chrome os much! (it didn't work for me) 

I also got that low system storage notification on like 4GB free space, on the new ROM it's fine.

It's not as fast but at least chrome works and it doesn't say I'm low on storage.

There is a short term fix for you problem whereby just deleting a certain file which keeps the logs on how much storage is available

resets the values and your phone can recount it and go "oh yeah you're not low on storage".

But as for a long term fix, either change ROM or hope the dev fixes these bugs...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest BlueMoonRising
13 minutes ago, blueeagle69 said:

Is the System partition write protected with this ROM? My su6 (UK 5.1.1) is a royal pain.

None of the roms can alter that I'm afraid.

• 4 months later...
Guest aplocky884
On 2/20/2016 at 11:42 AM, whispers said:

I think I've figured out what the problem is, I've only had it fixed for about a day but it seems to be working so far...

What I did was uninstall the xposed framework that came installed, idk where I read it might help, but it seems to!

I basically found and "xposed uninstaller" zip and flashed that in recovery then disabled the xposed installer in system settings.

Hope this helps :-)

I still don't know whats happened about the chrome issue though, I'm just using another browser atm, but and update from the developer would be appreciated!