Stock SU6 has stopped ringing

Guest StockportGerbil

Guest StockportGerbil

Folks :-

Apologies if this is not the right forum, but I couldn't find anywhere more suitable.

I have a Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 running stock 5.1.1

It’s developed an annoying habit of not ringing when someone’s calling. It’ll vibrate but I don’t always feel it / have the phone on me.

Google suggests get rid of any apps that may interfere (can’t see any) and clearing out the cache of the phone app. Going to setting / apps / all and I find two phone apps and a phone storage app.

Does this explain to problem with the phone and if so which phone app do I get rid of and how? Alternatively do you have any better ideas?

Thanks

Kevin

2016-01-06 14.52.37.png

Guest Roboffabike

I have had the same thing a couple of times, running the Turkish 5.1.1. In my case, i had tried and failed to install the stock Google dialler but had removed this prior to issue occurring.

On both occasions a reboot sorted the issue but slightly annoying.

Guest rwalton159

I'm running stock 5.1.1 and had the same issue after putting the phone on mute, for a meeting etc, then taking the mute off. Alarm and notifications are okay,  just the phone ringer that's affected.

A reboot sorts it out. Don't think this happened before the software update.

I was thinking of doing a factory reset but I have the phone set up just as I like it.

Edited by rwalton159

The same thing happens after disconnecting from my car's Bluetooth, everything comes back to normal with a reboot.

I think this is the biggest bug so far on the 5.1.1 update.

Guest StockportGerbil

Hi!

Thanks for the replies and thanks for letting me know having the two phone apps is normal.

I mute the phone often at work and connect / disconnect it from bluetooth on the drive in / out of work. As you rightly say a reboot fixes it, but I don't fancy rebooting it 3 or 4 times a day! :-)

I may try a factory reset, but the phone is otherwise set up as I want it :-(

Any other ideas?

Thanks again

Kevin

Guest BlueMoonRising
4 hours ago, StockportGerbil said:

Hi!

Thanks for the replies and thanks for letting me know having the two phone apps is normal.

I mute the phone often at work and connect / disconnect it from bluetooth on the drive in / out of work. As you rightly say a reboot fixes it, but I don't fancy rebooting it 3 or 4 times a day! :-)

I may try a factory reset, but the phone is otherwise set up as I want it :-(

Any other ideas?

Thanks again

Kevin

Can't say I've tried Bluetooth but I mute it for work and at night and never had a problem so I'm guessing it's down to the Bluetooth. Beyond that I can't help bud.

This only happens with some Bluetooth devices. For example, when I connect to my headset everything work after disconnecting, but when I connect to the car Bluetooth it stops ringing after unpairing.

Guest BlueMoonRising
12 hours ago, RedLee said:

This only happens with some Bluetooth devices. For example, when I connect to my headset everything work after disconnecting, but when I connect to the car Bluetooth it stops ringing after unpairing.

Is your cars Bluetooth built in or an add-on, if it's an add-on can you try a different make? Perhaps a friends or family member? That'll let you know if it's the phone or your cars Bluetooth that's causing it.

I've tried with two different cars, all equipped with built-in Bluetooth, the result was the same. It must be a 5.1.1 bug because I never had this problem on the previous version.

Guest StockportGerbil

I've had more of a play and am happy that it is bluetooth related. I use the bluetooth built-in to my car radio so swapping it around is not practical. :-(

I guess I can try raising the issue with Vodafone. 

It is a software bug present in 5.1.1. , the ring sound is not played, but notifications and media work as expected.

From my experience with several different BT devices, the bug is triggered when the phone connects / disconnects with a BT device, and it happens in average 1 in 10 times (the cheaper the BT the more often it happens).

The only solution for now is a full reboot.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SteveNotts

Same problem for me - Seems to be Bluetooth related.Happens when connect/disconnect car Bluetooth,.

Is there an easy way to downgrade software on an unrooted phone?

Would like to think Vodafone will release a patch but who knows

Cheers

Steve

Guest BlueMoonRising
10 hours ago, SteveNotts said:

Same problem for me - Seems to be Bluetooth related.Happens when connect/disconnect car Bluetooth,.

Is there an easy way to downgrade software on an unrooted phone?

Would like to think Vodafone will release a patch but who knows

Cheers

Steve

After a quick Google it seems that BT issues aren't uncommon regardless of OS version from 4.0 to 6.0

I did find this page: http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s4/412099-no-sound-phone-calls-after-using-bluetooth.html which found some workarounds for their issues which may work for you people (I don't use BT in the car so can't test).

Have a look at the replies from @Rirutto & @Darren Toews.

Edit: Hmm, I just checked on mine and the option 'From Any Screen' isn't active on mine so perhaps it isn't on yours either. 

Edited by BlueMoonRising