[DEV][ROM][13.11.] CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1) for Huawei Y5

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
10 hours ago, Dániel Márk Baranyi said:

I never use LogCat. Can you help me?

[Tutorial] How To Logcat
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1726238

I tested this and I can't reproduce anything crashing or rebooting. Does this happen after playing a specific file and what file format do you use for your media (mp3, m4a, aac, flac, etc)? Have you enable any effects using AudioFX?

You could try clearing data/cache for Eleven under Settings - Apps -> Music. Make sure you've done a clean installation following installation instructions on the third post and make sure you haven't restored any data for system apps using third party apps (e.g. Titanium Backup).

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Dániel Márk Baranyi
On 2016. 02. 18. at 8:58 AM, KonstaT said:

[Tutorial] How To Logcat
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1726238

I tested this and I can't reproduce anything crashing or rebooting. Does this happen after playing a specific file and what file format do you use for your media (mp3, m4a, aac, flac, etc)? Have you enable any effects using AudioFX?

You could try clearing data/cache for Eleven under Settings - Apps -> Music. Make sure you've done a clean installation following installation instructions on the third post and make sure you haven't restored any data for system apps using third party apps (e.g. Titanium Backup).

Thx.
I try with mp3 and flac, but the crash still hapens. 
Not working.. Delete data/cache from the Eleven-->not works
Delete cache from TWRP-->not works
Reinstal the ROM -->not works
Delete the Eleven app and reinstall with one zip from recovery--> not works.
I havent any backups and i have to try with AudioFX and withount this. Nothing.. 
Ohh, i found one more bug: when i apply one theme: if i pick the wallpaper option then the phone reboot after touch apply button, withount the wallpaper the all styles, sounds and fonts works. I love this ROM, i want to fix this problems. 

Guest KonstaT
15 hours ago, Dániel Márk Baranyi said:

Thx.
I try with mp3 and flac, but the crash still hapens. 
Not working.. Delete data/cache from the Eleven-->not works
Delete cache from TWRP-->not works
Reinstal the ROM -->not works
Delete the Eleven app and reinstall with one zip from recovery--> not works.
I havent any backups and i have to try with AudioFX and withount this. Nothing.. 
Ohh, i found one more bug: when i apply one theme: if i pick the wallpaper option then the phone reboot after touch apply button, withount the wallpaper the all styles, sounds and fonts works. I love this ROM, i want to fix this problems. 

Did you get that log? Also provide exact steps how to produce this issue because I'm still not able.

Also you haven't installed Xposed Framework or any other third party tweaks/hacks? You can produce this issue directly after installing the ROM following installation instructions on the third post of this thread?

Wiping /cache in recovery does absolutely nothing useful because nothing is stored on that partition (besides some recovery logs).

Make sure you're using CM12.1 themes that support hdpi devices. That's more likely an issue with the theme or CM's theme engine rather than something specific to this device.

1 hour ago, KonstaT said:

Did you get that log? Also provide exact steps how to produce this issue because I'm still not able.

Also you haven't installed Xposed Framework or any other third party tweaks/hacks? You can produce this issue directly after installing the ROM following installation instructions on the third post of this thread?

Wiping /cache in recovery does absolutely nothing useful because nothing is stored on that partition (besides some recovery logs).

Make sure you're using CM12.1 themes that support hdpi devices. That's more likely an issue with the theme or CM's theme engine rather than something specific to this device.

I have 2 files! 
No, no using Xposed, but Lucky Patcher yes. But after LP the Eleven app does not work.

logcat[1].txt

2016-02-19-19-50-37[1].txt

Ohh, yes: The faacebook and youtube app are crap.. Forced close all the time. Why? Nothing to work? 

About the themes: i'm using CM 12/12.1 spec themes. Like: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chummy.jezebel.material.dark or 

Edited by Dániel Márk Baranyi

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, Dániel Márk Baranyi said:

I have 2 files! 
No, no using Xposed, but Lucky Patcher yes. But after LP the Eleven app does not work.

logcat[1].txt

2016-02-19-19-50-37[1].txt

Ohh, yes: The faacebook and youtube app are crap.. Forced close all the time. Why? Nothing to work? 

About the themes: i'm using CM 12/12.1 spec themes. Like: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chummy.jezebel.material.dark or 

So, this started after installing Lucky Patcher and somehow it's the ROMs fault?! You must know that I can't support that or any warez in any form! I can see you're also using a task killer and I can't support that either.

8 hours ago, KonstaT said:

So, this started after installing Lucky Patcher and somehow it's the ROMs fault?! You must know that I can't support that or any warez in any form! I can see you're also using a task killer and I can't support that either.

Sorry, not "after". Before install LP. :D 
So, i have now fresh installed ROM withount any app, except facebook, fb messenger, youtube, chrome and all the default apps in rom. The fb, youtube, music player crashing same. FB, youtube force exit, music player restart the sys. I give up.. Any other rom for this phone? Or a stock-based rom with some upgrade? I really hate the base rom because slow, ram killer and not soo beauty. 

Guest KonstaT
14 hours ago, Dániel Márk Baranyi said:

Sorry, not "after". Before install LP. :D 
So, i have now fresh installed ROM withount any app, except facebook, fb messenger, youtube, chrome and all the default apps in rom. The fb, youtube, music player crashing same. FB, youtube force exit, music player restart the sys. I give up.. Any other rom for this phone? Or a stock-based rom with some upgrade? I really hate the base rom because slow, ram killer and not soo beauty. 

And what else? I can see all kinds of junk in those logs that can cause various issues. Installing SuperSU is not supported (read FAQ on the third post of this thread how to use root on CyanogenMod). Installing third party audio effects is not supported (Sony Sound Enhancement) - CM has built in AudioFX. I'd also recommend not to install any Cheetah Mobile adware. Lucky Patcher is a definitive 'hell no'!

You still haven't said if you can produce these issues on a clean install? Follow installation instructions on the third post to the letter (there's eight simple steps). Install nothing but files that are linked on the first post of this thread (make sure to use the latest 20160131 20160221 build). Nothing more - nothing less!

I've tested Eleven music player - works just fine. I've tested Youtube app - works just fine. I'te tested applying wallpaper from Dark Material theme (and the whole theme as well) - works just fine.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest SickBro
4 hours ago, KonstaT said:

New build.

cm-12.1-20160221-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-y560.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/?6vlp3kgga85iw11
md5:c7a97248a84ef34195838ca6adac5792

-address few SELinux denials
-add missing blobs for h263/m4v encoding
-Android security patch level: 1 February 2016 (merged)

Do i need to flash the camera fix zip again or it`s already fixed?

Guest SickBro
4 hours ago, KonstaT said:

New build.

cm-12.1-20160221-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-y560.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/?6vlp3kgga85iw11
md5:c7a97248a84ef34195838ca6adac5792

-address few SELinux denials
-add missing blobs for h263/m4v encoding
-Android security patch level: 1 February 2016 (merged)

Flashed and the device is not booting . vibrates and go to recovery.

Guest KonstaT
37 minutes ago, SickBro said:

Do i need to flash the camera fix zip again or it`s already fixed?

That would be the 'address few SELinux denials' part and of course it's included in the new build.

30 minutes ago, SickBro said:

Flashed and the device is not booting . vibrates and go to recovery.

Of course it's working! Or do you really think I've released something that I didn't test first...

There's md5 checksums for downloads for a reason. There's installation instructions to follow on the third post of this thread. You need to use TWRP linked in the installation instructions to install this ROM. I'm getting tired of repeating that so it really can't be that difficult.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest SickBro
29 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

That would be the 'address few SELinux denials' part and of course it's included in the new build.

Of course it's working! Or do you really think I've released something that I didn't test first...

There's md5 checksums for downloads for a reason. There's installation instructions to follow on the third post of this thread. You need to use TWRP linked in the installation instructions to install this ROM. I'm getting tired of repeating that so it really can't be that difficult.

i am using that TWRP. it`s flashing but not booting. i flashed the version which i had and it worked

Guest KonstaT
21 minutes ago, SickBro said:

i am using that TWRP. it`s flashing but not booting. i flashed the version which i had and it worked

I've heard that one before. ;) Use the right TWRP image (don't, under any circumstances, edit updater-script inside the ROM zip!), check md5sum that your download is not corrupt, follow installation instructions on the third post of this thread (that's now eleventh time I've repeated that on this thread :P).

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Krtekat

Hi,

I've been running your first build  (20160119), it much better than android - thanks :)

But I do have few bugs, some already reported, some not. I haven't got time to reinstall it to newer build (I suppose I can't just update current build)

• camera does fall one of ca 5 tries (should be repaired in current build)
  • music can't be played (cyanogenmod elven version 2.0, sometime youtube) or app fall usually in short time. But once I managed to play music for few days, then in stopped again - will work on logcat. spotify works fine.
  • mp3 files are not recognised as music files/playable and cannot be used for rigntones etc.
  • when using mobile networks (LTE, 4G, central Europe, sometimes 3G) internet works fine in browser (lighting), but even after experimenting with network setup none of following apps didn't updated/communicated (like download/send emails or messages), although works in browser with mobile network: gmail, messenger,IDOS (for searching transportation), OneNote. Works: lighting, spotify, todoist, strava. What is weird, that no one yet reported gmail..

For all that thanks for build, if you need some specific logs, just ask for them..

Guest KonstaT
10 hours ago, Krtekat said:

Hi,

I've been running your first build  (20160119), it much better than android - thanks :)

But I do have few bugs, some already reported, some not. I haven't got time to reinstall it to newer build (I suppose I can't just update current build)

• camera does fall one of ca 5 tries (should be repaired in current build)
  • music can't be played (cyanogenmod elven version 2.0, sometime youtube) or app fall usually in short time. But once I managed to play music for few days, then in stopped again - will work on logcat. spotify works fine.
  • mp3 files are not recognised as music files/playable and cannot be used for rigntones etc.
  • when using mobile networks (LTE, 4G, central Europe, sometimes 3G) internet works fine in browser (lighting), but even after experimenting with network setup none of following apps didn't updated/communicated (like download/send emails or messages), although works in browser with mobile network: gmail, messenger,IDOS (for searching transportation), OneNote. Works: lighting, spotify, todoist, strava. What is weird, that no one yet reported gmail..

For all that thanks for build, if you need some specific logs, just ask for them..

Yes, you should most definitely update to the latest build! Just flash the ROM in recovery, no need to wipe anything updating from previous versions. I'll still maintain my 'no wipe, no whine' policy. If you're experiencing any issues, you should be able to reproduce those problems on a clean install as well.

I don't want any issue reports/logs from that build anymore. That's ancient history. ;) It was an early/experimental build and things are moving fast at that point.

• Camera fails how? Nothing is actually changed on how camera works (SELinux issues are, well, SELinux issues - SELinux wasn't yet enforcing in the first build). Never had any problems with the camera, though.
  • If apps are crashing due to running out of memory it's likely because of the wrong dalvik heap values that were used in the first build. That's been fixed weeks ago!
  • Copy files you want to use as Alarm/Notification/Ringtone to Alarms/Notifications/Ringtones folder on primary sdcard. mp3s work just fine, using one as a ringtone myself.
  • This is not my main device and it has a prepaid SIM. I've tested that mobile data works and that I can get LTE speeds. Other than that I won't be using mobile data. Gmail syncs just fine over wifi and I can't see why there would be any problem over mobile data either.
Edited by KonstaT

Guest SickBro
On 2/21/2016 at 5:19 PM, KonstaT said:

I've heard that one before. ;) Use the right TWRP image (don't, under any circumstances, edit updater-script inside the ROM zip!), check md5sum that your download is not corrupt, follow installation instructions on the third post of this thread (that's now eleventh time I've repeated that on this thread :P).

the zip is flashing with no problem but it`s stuck on splash image and reboot to recovery. i have not modified anything and used the right images

Guest KonstaT
2 hours ago, SickBro said:

the zip is flashing with no problem but it`s stuck on splash image and reboot to recovery. i have not modified anything and used the right images

On 2/21/2016 at 5:19 PM, KonstaT said:

Guest KonstaT

Today's good news - someone from Huawei finally replied to my emails and they had another try at releasing a kernel source for this device (http://download-c.huawei.com/download/downloadCenter?downloadId=74027&version=271356&siteCode=worldwide). Bad news - it's the same exact incomplete source code they released the last time! Actually they only managed to make it even worse by removing als/proximity sensor driver that this device uses from the build.

There's just no excuse for this, someone deserves to get fired for this. :P I think I have to give up on this device. :( This was the first and last Huawei device I owned and I'm going to strongly advice againts anyone purchacing any Huawei/honor devices!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest b3007201
On 26/2/2016 at 6:19 PM, KonstaT said:

Today's good news - someone from Huawei finally replied to my emails and they had another try at releasing a kernel source for this device (http://download-c.huawei.com/download/downloadCenter?downloadId=74027&version=271356&siteCode=worldwide). Bad news - it's the same exact incomplete source code they released the last time! Actually they only managed to make it even worse by removing als/proximity sensor driver that this device uses from the build.

There's just no excuse for this, someone deserves to get fired for this. :P I think I have to give up on this device. :( This was the first and last Huawei device I owned and I'm going to strongly advice againts anyone purchacing any Huawei/honor devices!

Hi KonstaT!

I'm looking for a cheap smartphone on wich I can install cyanogenmod.

I was going to buy the huawei Y5, but I didn't do it because I have read your post.

Do you know another cheap smartphone like the huawei Y5, on wich I can install cyanogenmod?

Guest KonstaT
18 hours ago, b3007201 said:

Hi KonstaT!

I'm looking for a cheap smartphone on wich I can install cyanogenmod.

I was going to buy the huawei Y5, but I didn't do it because I have read your post.

Do you know another cheap smartphone like the huawei Y5, on wich I can install cyanogenmod?

Hah, good to hear violating GPL is already costing Huawei some business. ;) I'm still hoping they'll release proper kernel source eventually. Just need to get the message though to the right person somehow. They do realize that they need to release kernel sources but it seems to be impossible to make them understand that the sources they've already released are incomplete. It certainly wouldn't hurt if more people were sending them emails and requesting it to be released.

I'm sure there's plenty of cheap devices running CM if you're willing to buy something slightly older or even second hand (e.g. everything from Motorola's G and E lineup is easy to recommend). I didn't exactly plan on purchasing Huawei Y5 either. I was keeping my eyes open for some msm8909 device and this is one the first ones. msm8909 is Qualcomm's current 'budget' platform and there's few interesting things happening (msm8909 is the only platform Qualcomm still supports for Firefox OS, there's a msm8909 device shipping with official Sailfish OS, there will be cheap msm8909 devices shipping with Cyanogen OS later this year). Unfortunate this didn't turn out be the developer device I was hoping for (in addition to the lack of kernel source, Huawei has also butchered the telephony framework pretty bad which is likely to cause all kinds of problems in the future). :(

Guest Pofka
On 2016-03-15 at 6:45 PM, KonstaT said:

I'm still hoping they'll release proper kernel source eventually. Just need to get the message though to the right person somehow. They do realize that they need to release kernel sources but it seems to be impossible to make them understand that the sources they've already released are incomplete. It certainly wouldn't hurt if more people were sending them emails and requesting it to be released.

Hello KonstaT,

Is it possible to help you with this matter? If you could give me mail text and adress I could send. Firm bought some cheap phones for work. Huawei software is driving me crazy. I would like to see cm in this phone.

Edited by Pofka

Guest b3007201
On 15/3/2016 at 5:45 PM, KonstaT said:

Hah, good to hear violating GPL is already costing Huawei some business. ;) I'm still hoping they'll release proper kernel source eventually. Just need to get the message though to the right person somehow. They do realize that they need to release kernel sources but it seems to be impossible to make them understand that the sources they've already released are incomplete. It certainly wouldn't hurt if more people were sending them emails and requesting it to be released.

I'm sure there's plenty of cheap devices running CM if you're willing to buy something slightly older or even second hand (e.g. everything from Motorola's G and E lineup is easy to recommend). I didn't exactly plan on purchasing Huawei Y5 either. I was keeping my eyes open for some msm8909 device and this is one the first ones. msm8909 is Qualcomm's current 'budget' platform and there's few interesting things happening (msm8909 is the only platform Qualcomm still supports for Firefox OS, there's a msm8909 device shipping with official Sailfish OS, there will be cheap msm8909 devices shipping with Cyanogen OS later this year). Unfortunate this didn't turn out be the developer device I was hoping for (in addition to the lack of kernel source, Huawei has also butchered the telephony framework pretty bad which is likely to cause all kinds of problems in the future). :(

I used your rom on a ZTE for many time, so if now I can help you with the Huawei in any way, please tell me.

What do you think about the Motorola Moto G XT1039?

In your opinion is it a valid alternative to this huawei or do you know a cheaper alternative?