[DEV][ROM][13.11.] CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1) for Huawei Y5

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
57 minutes ago, SickBro said:

I set default location to sd card via adb and via settings but just can`t install apps

There's an option in 'Settings -> Apps -> MENU -> Preferred install location' that is supposed to do the same thing. According to this it's broken which is why it was hidden by default. I'm quite sure I tested it on my other device when I enabled it and it was working. I just blindly copied the overlay to this device and I'll probably just remove the option again.

So, looks like installing directly to external sdcard is not possible. You need to have enough space in your internal storage to install the app and then move it to sdcard manually.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest gabindu65

hi, i have a problem while trying to flash your port its saying "E: Error executing updater binary in zip '/external_sd/cm-12.1-20160131-UN0FFICIAL-KonstaKANG-y560"

Guest SickBro
7 minutes ago, gabindu65 said:

hi, i have a problem while trying to flash your port its saying "E: Error executing updater binary in zip '/external_sd/cm-12.1-20160131-UN0FFICIAL-KonstaKANG-y560"

errorstatus error 7 or smth like that?

Guest gabindu65
1 hour ago, SickBro said:

errorstatus error 7 or smth like that?

oh sorry its my fault i just see in the log : This package is for device: y560; this  device is HWY560-L so i can't flash this rom ...

Guest SickBro
23 minutes ago, gabindu65 said:

oh sorry its my fault i just see in the log : This package is for device: y560; this  device is HWY560-L so i can't flash this rom ...

you can. install notepad ++ . then open the rom archive and go to META-INF > com > google > android and extract update-script. change extension to .txt. open it with notepad ++ and delete the firt line. then save . delete ".txt" and put the modified update-script into the archive and you can flash it. i had the same problem

Edited by SickBro
updater script, not binary :) my fault

Guest gabindu65
1 hour ago, SickBro said:

you can. install notepad ++ . then open the rom archive and go to META-INF > com > google > android and extract update-script. change extension to .txt. open it with notepad ++ and delete the firt line. then save . delete ".txt" and put the modified update-binary into the archive and you can flash it. i had the same problem

Okay i will try it thanks ˆˆ

Guest SickBro
8 minutes ago, SickBro said:

you can. install notepad ++ . then open the rom archive and go to META-INF > com > google > android and extract update-script. change extension to .txt. open it with notepad ++ and delete the firt line. then save . delete ".txt" and put the modified update-binary into the archive and you can flash it. i had the same problem

delete all before this line

ifelse(is_mounted("/system"), unmount("/system"));

Guest KonstaT
32 minutes ago, gabindu65 said:

You have the wrong recovery image. You need to use this TWRP image like it says in the installation instructions.

18 minutes ago, SickBro said:

you can. install notepad ++ . then open the rom archive and go to META-INF > com > google > android and extract update-script. change extension to .txt. open it with notepad ++ and delete the firt line. then save . delete ".txt" and put the modified update-script into the archive and you can flash it. i had the same problem

15 minutes ago, SickBro said:

delete all before this line

ifelse(is_mounted("/system"), unmount("/system"));

No, absolutely not. Don't change anything in the updater-script. Those checks are there for your own safety.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest SickBro
5 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

You have the wrong recovery image. You need to use this TWRP image just like it says in the installation instructions.

No, absolutely not. Don't change anything in the update-script. Those are there for your own safety.

if i had not changed, i couldn`t install the rom

Guest SickBro
5 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

Well, then you have the wrong recovery image, too.

i tried twrp and cwm and none worked. after i deleted that line it worked. i searched on internet and is nothing bad

Guest KonstaT
8 minutes ago, SickBro said:

i tried twrp and cwm and none worked. after i deleted that line it worked. i searched on internet and is nothing bad

Yeah, wrong TWRP and CWM! If you'd just use the right TWRP, you wouldn't need to remove anything.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
5 minutes ago, SickBro said:

that`s what i used. anyway

LOL, that's just not true. ;) There's nothing in any of my builds that says HWY560-L (it's on the TWRP/CWM builds you can find over at XDA). I actually know what that is and where it comes from and what's it for. Just install the right recovery and stop arguing.

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, gabindu65 said:

(I have the twrp noticed in the thread)

You are absolutely sure you have this TWRP installed? Redownload and reinstall to be sure (download the TWRP flashable zip -> install it in whatever recovery you now have -> important!!! reboot recovery!). Because previously you were using a recovery image that has ro.product.device/ro.build.product=HWY560-L and that's not my build. I can only support my own stuff.

LOL, I'm having the strangest déjà vu from my previous device trying to explain some Russians 'wrong recovery' a hundred times and they still couldn't understand. :D

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
25 minutes ago, gabindu65 said:

Im sure 100% i have the good recovery is there another way to install the rom ?

And I'm 100% sure you don't if you have any error saying anything about HWY560-L. ;)

Install the right recovery image, re-download the ROM zip and check md5sum that it's not corrupted. Follow installation instructions on the third post of this thread.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest SickBro
20 hours ago, KonstaT said:

LOL, that's just not true. ;) There's nothing in any of my builds that says HWY560-L (it's on the TWRP/CWM builds you can find over at XDA). I actually know what that is and where it comes from and what's it for. Just install the right recovery and stop arguing.

Okay dude. anyway all works fine now. 

Guest Dániel Márk Baranyi

Why crash the phone after play a music with music player? VLC player works fine, everything else works fine, but the elven music player chrash and reboot the system after playing songs. 
Sorry for my english, i hope you undestad :D 

Guest KonstaT
57 minutes ago, Dániel Márk Baranyi said:

Why crash the phone after play a music with music player? VLC player works fine, everything else works fine, but the elven music player chrash and reboot the system after playing songs. 
Sorry for my english, i hope you undestad :D 

Logcat? That would tell exactly why...

Currently testing CM13 and can't be arsed to flash CM12.1 to see if I can reproduce. ;) Quite sure I used Eleven to play something when I tested AudioFX and didn't notice any issue there.

Edited by KonstaT