[DEV][ROM][7.2.] LineageOS 13 (Android 6.0.1) for Huawei Y5

Guest KonstaT

Guest Prince420
3 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Yeah, it's super easy and that's why all the cool kids are doing it. :P

Hahaha.. Nice joke.. Anyway hope u can make some awesome rom such as miui flyme etc.. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, while building CM13 I got this error about USB core (I enabled OTG support in kernel config)

-------

CC      drivers/usb/core/hcd.o
../../../../../../kernel/huawei/msm8909/drivers/usb/core/hub.c: In function 'usb_enumerate_device_otg':
../../../../../../kernel/huawei/msm8909/drivers/usb/core/hub.c:2274:3: warning: passing argument 1 of 'otg_send_event' makes pointer from integer without a cast [enabled by default]
error, forbidden warning: hub.c:2274
make[5]: *** [drivers/usb/core/hub.o] Error 1

-----------

I think that is because I enabled OTG support, can that be avoided?

Guest KonstaT
54 minutes ago, redxz said:

Hello, while building CM13 I got this error about USB core (I enabled OTG support in kernel config)

-------

CC      drivers/usb/core/hcd.o
../../../../../../kernel/huawei/msm8909/drivers/usb/core/hub.c: In function 'usb_enumerate_device_otg':
../../../../../../kernel/huawei/msm8909/drivers/usb/core/hub.c:2274:3: warning: passing argument 1 of 'otg_send_event' makes pointer from integer without a cast [enabled by default]
error, forbidden warning: hub.c:2274
make[5]: *** [drivers/usb/core/hub.o] Error 1

-----------

I think that is because I enabled OTG support, can that be avoided?

If you mean CONFIG_USB_OTG it has nothing to do with how USB OTG works on Qualcomm devices (see CONFIG_USB_MSM_OTG instead). There's no change you'll get OTG working by enabling something in defconfig.

3 hours ago, KonstaT said:

If you mean CONFIG_USB_OTG it has nothing to do with how USB OTG works on Qualcomm devices (see CONFIG_USB_MSM_OTG instead). There's no change you'll get OTG working by enabling something in defconfig.

So OTG can work on Huawei Y5?

Edited by redxz

Guest KonstaT
57 minutes ago, redxz said:

So OTG can be working on Huawei Y5?

There's no power output from USB port AFAICT. I've also tested it with USB OTG Y-cable and outside power source but it still wasn't working.

12 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

There's no power output from USB port AFAICT. I've also tested it with USB OTG Y-cable and outside power source but it still wasn't working.

Oh that's a shame. So there is nothing that can be done ATM?

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, redxz said:

Oh that's a shame. So there is nothing that can be done ATM?

Not that I'm aware of. Feel free to investigate but there's no defconfig option you simply enable and it 'just works™'.

Guest Meirami
On 6.9.2016 at 6:54 PM, KonstaT said:

Already kind of answered this couple of times. There would be no problem with this if we had the kernel source. IMO it's not worth it otherwise. There's already pretty severe repercussion running CM13 with prebuilt Lollipop kernel and it's going to be even worse with Nougat. I'm still stupid enough to probably try it at some point but I have no idea if it ever be something worth releasing. 

Any new thoughts about cm14 because the kernel source is now released?

Guest KonstaT
7 hours ago, Meirami said:

Any new thoughts about cm14 because the kernel source is now released?

CM14.1, no. Something else Nougat, maybe. I have no current plans on starting any new projects, though.

Guest daninazza

Hi KonstaT. Almost everything is working well. Just one thing: sometimes, when I terminate a call, right after I have pushed the button to close the call, a message appears telling me that "the number is invalid". Do you have any idea on what could be the cause of this problem? Thanks for your great work

• 2 weeks later...
Guest anmr2380

This rom has support for convert to F2FS file system ??

On the other hand because this happens in cyanogenmod when I have installed many applications example more than 100 it becomes heavy to open the applications so the memory ram this with 300mb free ????

Is there any way to configure that no matter how much installed apk is fluid as at first

Edited by anmr2380

I built the ROM (CyanogenMod 13) from source, after installation replacing framework.jar and telephony-common.jar from your build. However, at startup it asks me for SIM unlock code, but when I click on dismiss, I can receive and send messages anyway, and the carrier appears correctly. Why is it appearing?

Guest KonstaT

Because of how Huawei/Yep butchered the telephony framework. I have couple of local patches to disable that. You can just simply dismiss the dialog.

2 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Because of how Huawei/Yep butchered the telephony framework. I have couple of local patches to disable that. You can just simply dismiss the dialog.

Agree, but it is really bothering and uncomfortable. Is there any way to fix, or atleast remove the dialog from the system?

Guest KonstaT
17 minutes ago, redxz said:

Agree, but it is really bothering and uncomfortable. Is there any way to fix, or atleast remove the dialog from the system?

Well, of course since I've done it with my builds. ;)

Hack somewhere around https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_packages_services_Telephony/blob/cm-13.0/src/com/android/phone/PhoneGlobals.java#L238.

Guest Prince420
On Thursday, December 15, 2016 at 10:41 PM, daninazza said:

Hi KonstaT. Almost everything is working well. Just one thing: sometimes, when I terminate a call, right after I have pushed the button to close the call, a message appears telling me that "the number is invalid". Do you have any idea on what could be the cause of this problem? Thanks for your great work

Same with me here .. Facing this prblms from every build of cm13.n also cm 12.1

Guest KonstaT
6 hours ago, Prince420 said:

After trying 50-60 clean install i can now use cm13 new build without isuues.. And this tym i just installed cm13 zip without the selinux zip.. 

Just proves you're doing it wrong...

6 hours ago, Prince420 said:

Konsta i would like to request u to port one miui rom as i found in ur forum.. 

Since we're making totally unreasonable requests here, I'd like to request you pay me 1000€ for the work I've already done. :P

Guest Prince420
5 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Just proves you're doing it wrong...

I dnt know whats the main prblm m making here.. Bt this tym m not facing such e prblms.. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest anmr2380

A friends query, help me with a way to change the default governor when I start android for example starts in "interactive" I want to start in "performance" and always do it in all core without programs ........ I was I'm not sure if I'll be able to do this, but I'm not sure how to do it. ...... Thank you

Edited by anmr2380