Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

New build.

cm-13.0-20160810-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-y560.zip
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24591000424953645
md5:1ca07601e7721303b4bbe7f09004fdb5

-update GPS HAL to LA.BR.1.2.6_rb1.2
-use GPS proprietary blobs and configs from crackling
-CM's new off mode charging screen (1,2)
-Android security patch level: 5 August 2016 (merged)

Y560-U23 patch needs an update for this build, too.

cm-13.0-20160810-y560-u23.zip
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24591000424953649
md5:ec2d9e58af0dc2f06f922f5f422cf82a

Guest KonstaT
4 hours ago, macio525 said:

why not shows network names?

And i cant change network example: Virgin mobile(T-Mobile)

Most likely because how Huawei butchered the telephony framework...

Already discussed in the CM12.1 thread. With some carriers it doesn't show carrier name in lockscreen/notification pull down either. I can only reproduce this 'Settings -> Mobile networks -> Network operators' problem but don't consider it much of an issue.

You're not even supposed to be able to change network in your own country. Only when you go abroad and roam in networks your home carrier has an agreement with. That's at least how it's with carriers in Finland (we have three operators with their own network and few smaller companies/subsidiaries using those networks).

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Athunik

I made this account just to thank you for this awesome ROM!
It was little bit hard to understand that TWRP part, but I managed to make it work.

Everything works just fine, haven't seen any bugs so far. I was even testing Pokemon GO with my friends yesterday, I was playing about 4 hours straight and no problems what-so-ever. But I do have some questions, I see that you are releasing patches for this ROM (eg. cm-13.0-20160810-y560-u23.zip) so lets say you'll release U24 next, then I can install it through TWRP again? Do I also have to wipe Dalvik's Cahce or not?
And my last question is about MTP, since it doesn't seem to work anymore, but it did work with stock ROM. I've tried to uninstall Huawei-LTE Handset from Device Manager and when I reconnect my phone, then I still have the same yellow mark in front of the device.

IHpOtS5.png

I mean, it could be the problem with my computer. But so far, I haven't found any solutions. Since you have the same exact phone, could you take a look - maybe you have the exact same problem.

Greetings from Estonia. :)

Guest KonstaT
47 minutes ago, Athunik said:

I made this account just to thank you for this awesome ROM!
It was little bit hard to understand that TWRP part, but I managed to make it work.

Everything works just fine, haven't seen any bugs so far. I was even testing Pokemon GO with my friends yesterday, I was playing about 4 hours straight and no problems what-so-ever. But I do have some questions, I see that you are releasing patches for this ROM (eg. cm-13.0-20160810-y560-u23.zip) so lets say you'll release U24 next, then I can install it through TWRP again? Do I also have to wipe Dalvik's Cahce or not?
And my last question is about MTP, since it doesn't seem to work anymore, but it did work with stock ROM. I've tried to uninstall Huawei-LTE Handset from Device Manager and when I reconnect my phone, then I still have the same yellow mark in front of the device.

IHpOtS5.png

I mean, it could be the problem with my computer. But so far, I haven't found any solutions. Since you have the same exact phone, could you take a look - maybe you have the exact same problem.

Greetings from Estonia. :)

It's called U23 patch because it's for Huawei Y5 Y560-U23. Basically the same device with few changes in the hardware. You're not supposed to install it on you Huawei Y5 Y560-L01/L02/L03!

First make sure you've selected to MTP mode from the storage notification (or developer options). It defaults to charging only on Marshmallow. Could be an issue with your drivers but I don't know about that (Linux user myself).

Guest KonstaT
3 hours ago, odigPL said:

Hey @KonstaT is there a chance for cyanogenmod 14?

Is there a chance that Huawei starts to comply to their legal requirement (GPLv2) and releases proper kernel source for this device? It's now been nearly nine months since I first requested it and it still hasn't happened...

There's no point in speculating with CM14. Honestly, even CM13 should have never happened. There's already repercussions on using the prebuilt kernel and it's only going to get worse moving forward.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Athunik
32 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

It's called U23 patch because it's for Huawei Y5 Y560-U23. Basically the same device with few changes in the hardware. You're not supposed to install it on you Huawei Y5 Y560-L01/L02/L03!

First make sure you've selected to MTP mode from the storage notification (or developer options). It defaults to charging only on Marshmallow. Could be an issue with your drivers but I don't know about that (Linux user myself).

Oh now I get it.. Thank you for explaining!
But yeah, I have MTP mode enabled in my storage notification. I also tried to enable developer options, since I've heard that it may be the temporary solution. But sadly, the problem still remains. I might try connecting my phone with Manjaro Linux later on, since I have it installed on my laptop.

And it works on my Manjaro Linux..
qKniOYn.png

Goddammit.. I sometimes hate Windows so much.. :/

Edited by Athunik

Guest KonstaT
46 minutes ago, anmr2380 said:

...... thanks very good update but as changing selinux disabled to enforcing ???? or some tutorial to try

What part didn't you understand when you asked this the last time? Not possible. Period.

You can start by reading the OP. It's says it right there.

Guest anmr2380

sorry sorry ..... I thought I could fix what the selinux since use two applications that depend on it ....... then I will continue with cyanogenmod 12.1 ...

Guest KonstaT
17 hours ago, anmr2380 said:

sorry sorry ..... I thought I could fix what the selinux since use two applications that depend on it ....... then I will continue with cyanogenmod 12.1 ...

Out of curiosity, what apps needs SELinux enforcing?

Guest anmr2380

the app I use to audit clients are wps router conect and androdump have my internet company and install all types of router and audit wps do to ensure my clients ......... then the two applications work 12.1 cyanogenmod well in comparing the three cyanogenmod 12.1 and 13 and 13.1 is only activated in cyanogenmod selinux in enforcing 12.1

Guest KonstaT
4 hours ago, anmr2380 said:

you can activate the quick boot mode on this rom ??? I need for alarm

First you'd need to explain what you mean by quick boot mode and what it has to do with alarms. Does the stock ROM support it?

Guest anmr2380

there is a way off the cell in which I have understood that the cell is not turned off completely .... I think it stays on the processor and ram something like ..... then turned the cell in that mode and alarms kindle the cell to sound the alarm for cyanogenmod 12.1 ...... I found the application quickboot.zip flasheable xda forums but does not work on CM13 and no ..... then why my previous question

Guest anmr2380

whether stock ROM has the default function ..... if the stock ROM Y560 L-03 5.0.1 Movistar Ecuador ..... because an alarm awakens the cell to ring ...... I install this ROM on my Y560-L23 .....

Guest KonstaT
13 hours ago, anmr2380 said:

there is a way off the cell in which I have understood that the cell is not turned off completely .... I think it stays on the processor and ram something like ..... then turned the cell in that mode and alarms kindle the cell to sound the alarm for cyanogenmod 12.1 ...... I found the application quickboot.zip flasheable xda forums but does not work on CM13 and no ..... then why my previous question

QuickBoot is proprietary Cyanogen OS feature and it's not included in CyanogenMod. Not going to happen.

13 hours ago, anmr2380 said:

whether stock ROM has the default function ..... if the stock ROM Y560 L-03 5.0.1 Movistar Ecuador ..... because an alarm awakens the cell to ring ...... I install this ROM on my Y560-L23 .....

I'm sorry, what? Y560 L-03 or Y560 L-23? Android 5.0.1?!

We're talking about power off alarms, right? If device is switched off, RTC (real time clock) triggers device to boot when there's an alarm. If this actually works on stock ROM, I can look into it. I've seen some work done for RTC alarms on other CM devices. Though it could be one of those things I can't do anything about without having the kernel source once again.

Guest anmr2380
I'm sorry, what? Y560 L-03 or Y560 L-23? Android 5.0.1?!

We're talking about power off alarms, right? If device is switched off, RTC (real time clock) triggers device to boot when there's an alarm. If this actually works on stock ROM, I can look into it. I've seen some work done for RTC alarms on other CM devices. Though it could be one of those things I can't do anything about without having the kernel source once again.

really good it is that (rtc) what I want ... and unfortunately will not be possible at the moment due to the kernel as explain ......... have installed the stock ROM 5.1 Y560-L03 lollipop in my movistar Ecuador huawei Y560-L23 but use the patch to activate the dual sim logically .... good thing is that the ROM works (rtc) ....... but currently use this ROM is extremely better post because many improvements the cell no longer warms me with the processor frequency 1094 battery is not drained as fast and with adjustments to build prop and the cell is not restarted when I make a call ........ but it would be good if they create a rapid onset of cell

Guest Alonso98

Damn, I was absent for some time and I didn't know that cm 13 was updated many times. CM 12.1 was perfect and then switched to CM 13 and is working great on my U23 variant. I need to donate you asap, I forgot last time.

Also I can confirm that on cm 12.1 alarms were able to turn on the phone (a feature I discovered by accident) however right now leaving the phone turned on all night isn't so bad with doze.

Also when I messaged huawei, they never answered me, I don't know if I should do it again .or it will be loss of time...

Guest KonstaT
5 hours ago, Alonso98 said:

Damn, I was absent for some time and I didn't know that cm 13 was updated many times. CM 12.1 was perfect and then switched to CM 13 and is working great on my U23 variant. I need to donate you asap, I forgot last time.

Also I can confirm that on cm 12.1 alarms were able to turn on the phone (a feature I discovered by accident) however right now leaving the phone turned on all night isn't so bad with doze.

Also when I messaged huawei, they never answered me, I don't know if I should do it again .or it will be loss of time...

Well, that's surprising if RTC alarms work with CM12.1 but not here. :o I'll look into it. (Edit. Tested. AFAICT it's not working with CM12.1. Does it even work with stock? Edit2. Nevermind. It works with CM12.1 if you just set the alarm far enough.) Doze needs sensor driver/HAL to support significant motion sensor. We don't have one so doze is not enabled.

I've written couple of dozen emails to Huawei requesting the kernel source over the past nine months. Even provided technical evidence how the kernel sources they've released are incomplete. They've only responeded me once - that was when the second incomplete source was released. It's like my emails go straight to /dev/null. ;)

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
16 hours ago, anmr2380 said:

one suggestion kontakt all these improvements in this current ROM could put in ROM on your post cyanogenmod 12.1 Y560 ?? it would be good......

And what improvements is that? Or did you just ask me to port Android 6.0 to Android 5.1. :P

There are no device specific features/improvements missing from CM12.1.